• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

For me, combining Adderall with Vyvanse has no tolerance-aversion benefits. I guess it's a matter of keeping your Vyvanse dosage to the minimum that meets your medical needs. Once in a while you might "forget" and take a little more, and enjoy the experience.

Do you guys think that there is any possible positive gain in effect if you take 250 mgs of vyvanse within, let's say 5 hours over 150 or 200 mg? I took about that amount for two days straight on friday and saturday (I slept each night) and I was very productive in that I was able to compose almost an entire song (in about 20 cumulative hours, ) but I have a feeling that I might have wasted a couple of pills.

I know that your liver can only convert a certain amount of lisdexamphetamine into dex at any given time, but I didn't have pot and I wanted to put off the crash and be productive before I take some sedative as long as possible. (I find that pot will give me a boost in the effectiveness of the medication after it peaks (about 5 hours later.))

I'm also aware that there is a relatively narrow margin in the peak plasma levels compared to straight dexedrine or adderall. I don't plan on taking those doses in the near future since I think I might have wasted a pill or two because only the duration of administration was enhanced instead of the accumulation of dexamphetamine at one point.

I tried to make sense, but I'm drunk (damn cops always have to ruin a good thing).

Last edited:
i have found that, for me, anything above 150 mgs doesnt produce any extra effects, just longer duration.

I agree with what Wonda said above. New users of the drug are very sensitive to quantity taken. As they develop tolerance, early users find they don't get as high as they used to by taking more, they just stay high for a longer period of time. Eventually, if they ignore the tolerance they have built up, users will discover that taking more actually extends the withdrawal symptoms, not the high. So you feel like shit for a longer period of time. Sometimes life just isn't fair. (Benzos are a good coming-down med: It takes away the anxiety and enables you to relax, even sleep.)

For Vyvanse virgins like Haicod, large doses (150MG/day) can get you very, very high. So, Haicod, you probably didn't waste any this time -- each one you took either got you higher or extended the high.

But a few months from now, if you continued to take V a lot between now and then, those extra caps would indeed have been wasted -- or even worse, just acted to extend the duration of your crash. (When you first start taking V you don't really "crash." But be patient. Take it long enough and you will.)

As I said a while back, Vyvanse can continue to be of medical benefit for people like me who need an ADD drug, even though it doesn't get me high anymore. So if you're taking V for medical reasons, stick with the doctor-mandated dosage -- usually 30MG to 60MG per day. If you're taking it recreationally, go cold turkey for a couple of months then try a couple of 30MG caps at the same time. If you get off, you should be able to get off more by taking more. If you feel nothing or next to nothing, don't bother taking more because your tolerance is still there. It takes some people a long time to get their virginity back.

I admit I have ADD and have known that I have had it for a few years (I've only recently decided to medicate) but I try to control my symptoms without the use of meds, or I smoke pot (which isn't an entirely effective medication for this, especially smoking.) So the only time I use it is to get high and be triply productive at the same time.
I only use it two or three days a week, and I don't really find the next day crashes hard to deal with at all just by taking a b-complex, but it makes sense that perhaps a couple of months from now (at the rate that I am going) I might feel them more, but I'll just smoke some pot.
However, when I go back to school in August I'm going to try to use just one, maybe two pills a day, if I find it difficult to get back into the swing of classes (after 16 months of medical leave.)

150 mgs does not get me very very high at all, I just get a nice buzz. I find vyvanse to definitely be weak, but I love it for that. The first time I took 50 mg right after waking up I went straight to bed an hour and a half later, I was so tired.

Would supplementing with l-tyrosine in the future on those days after help?
I already take 500 mg magnesium and used to take tagamet 30 minutes before dosing, but I have since discovered more articles that say tagamet does nothing for vyvanse than ones that say it prolongs the effects.

Btw, I have a prescription for Hyrdoxyzine and that antihistamine is great at relieving the anxiety and nausea on the comedown and for allowing me to fall asleep even though I take about 100-150 mg throughout the night with a 100 mg phenobarbital (which I'm trying to get rid of before I get some benzos.)

Last edited:
Heres directions on how to convert:

Throw up in jar

Add chemical

Drink Puke (Ewwwww)

Hahahaha

Am I the only person that gets an increase, sometimes, (at the least, no decrease) in appetite after dosing this drug? The first couple of times I took it I had to force myself to eat but now I eat meals and big snacks every other hour now. I mean, I have gained two pounds since in the past week whereas everyone else it seems loses a little weight.

I'm not complaining, I'm 6'3 and 150 lbs...it's just strange that I have hardly any negative effect on my appetite anymore.

Last edited:
i randomly start craving a snack now from time to time, like actually want to eat, rather than force myself to.
another friend of mine who tried some was able to eat, and fall asleep without much difficulty, but still enjoyed it. and he's tried other amphetamines before. its much more of a productive amphetamine IMO, due to how gradual its let into the system. no rush, and a gradual comedown. really clean feeling too, i dont get any jitters, or uncomfortable from vyvanse.
its a bastard way for shire to earn more money from a patented drug, but it works. its non-formulary under my insurance, which means the co-pay is twice what a name brand formulary drug would be, or six times what a generic would be. could be worse though. also, my doc gave me a voucher that covered my first 3 months of co-pays, from shire. check vyvanse.com, the program expires at the end of june

think it's worth trading .8 of weed that I got for $8, to a kid for ten 70 MG vyvanse pills?

I have been taking Adderall XR 30's alot, so you think these would be worth it?

Various observations about Vyvanse from an experienced user

I've been taking Vyvanse at 60MG - 90MG dosage for seven months so far to help manage the symptoms of my condition. My condition is genuine BP2 (not faked to get drugs), with ADD being a secondary manifestation. It runs in my mother's side of the family and has hampered every aspect of my life -- I'm a boomer in my 50s. Fortunately I have a good job and an understanding partner.

Vyvanse helped my ADD symptoms tremendously, as well as relieve the serious depression I had so often. But after a few months, Vyvanse tolerance started building up and its non-medical benefits -- getting a nice smooth high, not needing food, unlimited energy, spontaneous creativity, generally friendly outlook -- all began to fade away. Most of the medical benefits continued to work: ability to pay attention over extended time, reduction of confusion, reduced mood swings, and so on. I still can't get depressed when I take Vyvanse. When I stop using it for a while, I can get high on it again.

Below are some observations that relate to the posts of other Vyvanse users on this board:

Eating: If you start craving food an hour or so after dropping Vyvanse, that means you've developed a tolerance to it. Rather than raise the dosage I recommend cutting back for a few days, then going cold turkey for a week or two. This could bring on some depression, so you should be ready for that. It will also give your body a chance to get back at you for all the weight it's lost, so be ready for food craving. If you're not careful you'll gain a lot -- as in, up to a pound a day.

Pot: I'm one of these people who gets paranoid on pot. I'm glad I don't like it because I've seen how passive and muddled a lot of pot smokers become. I put pot in the same category as booze -- you can get dependent on it and there are consequences, usually not good ones. I would not mess up a nice, clear Vyvanse high with pot.

Tolerance: I've tried baking soda and magnesium, and neither of them have worked for me in terms of staying high longer or resisting tolerance. Adderall is a good way to keep a smooth Vyvanse high running -- but then you have to deal with the insomnia Adderall causes. (For some reason I don’t get insomnia with Vyvanse, but maybe that’s because I use a benzo to help me get to sleep.) To a lesser extent, caffeine helps to perk up a Vyvanse high. You can use coffee, Coke, etc.; but I prefer NoDoze tablets. They are more concentrated and easier on the stomach. Don’t take more than two. One should give you all the help caffeine is capable of providing.

Because it is so benign, Vyvanse is one of the few drugs you can take or not, and still have a good day. So on many days I hold off taking it. (On those days I won’t be as energetic. But after a week or so of no Vyvanse I’m back at my regular level of productivity.) A week or two off Vyvanse brings me back to the point where I can get a nice buzz again, if not exactly high. I could binge and get high that way, I guess, but I have too much respect for the drug to do that.

Withdrawal symptoms: Haikod -- it's not necessary to "admit" you have ADD. Its not like you had a choice, or you have some kind of contagious disease. At least you have a condition you can cope with – think of what schizophrenics have to go through.

You refer to "next day crashes". That is more of a hard-core amphetamine problem. My only next-day symptom with Vyvanse is that it makes me want to sleep in. The same-day withdrawals when coming down from V are gentler than most amphetamines but definitely are there: clenched jaw, irritability (jumpy response to a loud noise, etc.), tendency to zone out, not wanting to talk, etc. When I get to this state I drop some benzo (Temazepam) and hit the hay. I sleep fine but want to sleep in the next day, probably because I’m done so many things the day before on V! If I’m taking V fairly steadily, every couple of weeks I crash for about 24 hours, either sleeping or just lying there, spaced out. It feels kind of nice. Just make sure you don’t have heavy commitments scheduled for that day.

In conclusion: If you need or like to use amphetamine, Vyvanse will work for you PROVIDED you want a consistent, long-lasting, euphoric high, and still be able to work or function socially. If you want an intense, peaky high, you’ll have to use a different kind of upper.

In fact, Vyvanse is almost not an amphetamine as most of us would define it. It is very manageable and mellow – no paranoia or mood swings. Treat it with respect and it will work for you indefinitely. The first rule would be: Don’t take it too much or too often, or you will develop a disappointing tolerance.

Last edited:
i'm wondering if vyvanse could be used to help taper off of adderall, if/when that day comes- i've been on a decent amount of addy for 4 years straight and don't want to stop it just yet but i'm thinking that when it's time, if i could taper down to 10-15mgs addy per day and then switch over to an equivalent amount of vyvanse until i'm down to nothing... maybe it would make the transition easier. anyone have any experience with that?

alright, I've only been taking Adderall XR pills since september 2008 every once in a while probably about once a week or more.

Today I took a 70mg vyvanse pill, and I like it. It doesn't have the "rush" or as much "euphoria" as adderall, but the fact that it stays constant makes up for it. Usually after 6-7 hours after taking XR addies, i come down a bit, then go back up.

on these, no comedown in the middle, straight productive amphetamine high for a good 10 hours so far.

Only real negative effect I'm experienceing right now is I can barley eat, which is bad considering i didn't eat breakfast or lunch. All i have eaten today was a few bites of a PB and Jelly and 2 snackers from KFC.

^ it's normal...

when i began Vyvanse i lost 18 pounds though. that isn't healthy.

The weird shit is that on Adderall XR I can eat fine and even feel some of the effects of hungriness such as rubling stomach, pain or w.e.

On this vyvanse shit, no stomach feeling at all. I didn't eat till 4 PM after getting up at 6am... and i wasn't hungry at all. i couldn't even eat the PB & J because i felt as if I couldn't swallow it.

Only thing Icould eat was the snackers from KFC and that was like at 6.

Shire bought River"something" Pharms for like $2.5 billion to attain the rights for vyvanse because their patent for Adderall Xr is expected to run out in 2009 and that their BIG money maker so they are desperate for a new adderall.

I tried it for a week then went to Adderall, it made me nuts, I was having crazy mood swings and would start bawling for no reason. It was nuts my psyc saus to stop immediatly. Shire is throwing BIIIIGGGG throbacks to docs for scripting it. And it takes two hours to kick in. Fuck it it's all big pharm games trying to make $.

For me it usually takes 30 min, at most, to kick in (Its never taken two hours and ive been taking it for almost a year now). there are some days that may take longer or shorter lengths of time to notice the effect. Overall, It helps me focus in school and has helped me SO much with homework, studying, work, etc.

why so many Vyvanse bashers?

The all new Vyvance (Lisdexamfetamine)

Well, I feel kinda dumb not knowing of this all relativly new substance being perscribed for ADD untill now. Has anyone tried it?
From what I've read its more pure Amphetamine instead of other ingredient chemicals, (Ie. Its more like speed than adderall)

Anyone have any wise information that they would like to share that we Vyvance newbies could have use for?
I have a Vyvance pill that says NRP 140 on it and I was told it was 50mg,
For those of you who have done it, What should I expect?
Is it going to be like 50mg+ or 50mg- compared to Adderall?
Thanx,
Ginger

well it is strictly the dextro-rotary isomer of amphetamine so it would compare a bit different to adderall

a lil better in my opine