• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

Well I did decide to go with Vyvanse and my doctor just prescribed me 20mgs.

He said that that would be the right dose to feel like I'm not on more than 5mgs of Dexadrine/Adderall.

He said that even though it is advertised as lasting 10-12 hours that it usually doesn't last more than 8, and that most of his patients like it and say it's the smoothest.

It was an easy choice between that and the IR 5mg Dexes I was thinking about because he's only allowed to prescribe 2 a day of those, and 1 a day of Vyvanse, so it's 8 hours either way, and so I chose what I think would be the smoother 8 hours.

I know if I didn't drink so much damn coffee while on these stimulants I'd be less jittery and anxious, so I really need to.

Actually, I'm going to try to use the Vyvanse to break my caffeine dependence, which as odd is it sounds, has worked for me in the past with Dexadrine, without getting addicted to the Dex either.

I'm a much calmer person when I don't drink so much freaking caffeine, so my plan is to use the Vyvanse to get to the point where I am not dependent on either that or coffee, and then not take stimulants too often in general, cause I'm just more chill went I don't, but the last time I tried to quit coffee without another stimulant to help me it was 12 days of hell and I was STILL in WD before I gave up.

I don't know why, but FOR ME, I feel like high dosage caffeine is a hard drug.

Just say no lol.

^ Haha Well it seems like you made a good choice with Vyvanse. I saw my psychiatrist today and told her to stop the Adderall. Not gonna lie, there was a voice in my head saying "What are you doing?!" Even the pharmacist came out and was like "You're off Adderall now?" It hit me hard that I was letting go of one of my favorite drugs, but I was only romanticizing the good times. Like a breakup.

It was the right decision, but now I have nothing else to stimulate me or give me motivation. Adrafinil is still working. I'm going to stick to that and go back to working out. Developing a healthy lifestyle is more important. I can't go back to amphetamines so...that's that.

[h=1]I by accident took 440 mg of vyvanse, I have a headache right now.[/h]

I by accident took 440 mg of vyvanse, I have a headache right now.

If a headache is all you have then you are lucky.

A dose like that sounds like it could cause a heart attack or stroke.

So why are you still online?

Are you going to the hospital or not?

I'm still off of Adderall and I realize the majority of this year on it made me feel like I was in a warm, secure bubble. Everything felt just fine, except it really wasn't. Maybe it was a lie. A false sense of security. Off of it, I feel every emotion deeply and you realize a lot in your life needs to change. You can't just ignore it anymore like before. The veil is lifted. I'm not comfortable just zoning out for hours and hours on something shiny and distracting anymore. Doing actual chores feels like a nightmare. Adderall made it enjoyable. This isn't easy, but being on it wasn't working anymore either. I'm just trying to convince myself it's not worth going back to. I have to stay strong and fix my reality now instead of relying on that pill to make everything feel ok. Being off Adderall and not in a relationship anymore is a double whammy, but it needed to happen. Sorry, venting.

Amphetamines...if you can handle them, great. They are so deceptive though.

yes, that is the correct spelling...odd, though

anyway, has anyone come across this yet? what did you think?

it is a new ADHD medication that i believe has just been introduced in the US. there is no reason to think it would be particularly desirable given that it is specifically designed to be less well 'liked' by known drug users (heh). it is also a pro-drug, so it needs to be metabolized by the stomach before becoming psychoactive.

i just find it amusing that companies try to make drugs less abusable in a variety of ways (although in some cases i doubt they're trying too hard), and the abusers always figure out a way around it, heh.
i have vyvanse and dexedrine in my meds....but here in Scandinavia they are called elvanse and attentin...70mg vyvanse in the morning and attentin 20mg(dexedrine)in the day....and my life has been saved....went broke years and years mental hospital gigs.... thanks to my REALLY awesome doctor

i have a q on vyvanse. took for 1st time in my life,,,1st time in my life for any kind of amp, 53 yo,male 183lbs. took 3 -30mg (90mg). the q is: how much time do i let go by before i dose like that again i n order to get the same experience (which was nice for me btw),

Also, how do i counter the upset-stomach and headache

Re: Duration of Vyvanse

I have been on vyvanse for close to a year now. Started at 40mg once/day and the effects would last for 8 - 9 hours. After about 6 months the therapeutic and noticeable effect of the medication would wear off around 4 hours post dose at 40mg. Dose was increased to 60mg with the goal of increasing duration of effects. Initially, the dose increase did result in both stronger effects and increased duration. However, it did not take long for this to dissipate. Obviously this is a result of tolerance. Now I am in the same place as before, effects wearing off 4 - 5 hours post dose at 60mg.

I feel like I may as well be taking IR medication. Have others noticed or experienced such a limited duration of action with this medicine? For being marketed as providing 10 - 12 hour coverage I would expect to get more than 4 hours. The mid-day crash is getting rather bothersome to the point that it may not be worth continuing to take. I have discussed with my psychiatrist and thus far they are reluctant to add an IR booster in the afternoon; at this point I'd rather be taking an IR med twice daily or hell even a reduced vyvanse dose twice daily lol

Re: Duration of Vyvanse

I have been on vyvanse for close to a year now. Started at 40mg once/day and the effects would last for 8 - 9 hours. After about 6 months the therapeutic and noticeable effect of the medication would wear off around 4 hours post dose at 40mg. Dose was increased to 60mg with the goal of increasing duration of effects. Initially, the dose increase did result in both stronger effects and increased duration. However, it did not take long for this to dissipate. Obviously this is a result of tolerance. Now I am in the same place as before, effects wearing off 4 - 5 hours post dose at 60mg.

I feel like I may as well be taking IR medication. Have others noticed or experienced such a limited duration of action with this medicine? For being marketed as providing 10 - 12 hour coverage I would expect to get more than 4 hours. The mid-day crash is getting rather bothersome to the point that it may not be worth continuing to take. I have discussed with my psychiatrist and thus far they are reluctant to add an IR booster in the afternoon; at this point I'd rather be taking an IR med twice daily or hell even a reduced vyvanse dose twice daily lol

This is 100% my experience with Vyvanse regardless of the dose. A big crash ensues 3-5 hours later now, even if I use it twice a month (40mg). I found Dexedrine XR (spansules) to be "smoother" and last longer which is not supposed to be the case.

The other day, my psychiatrist told me Adderall doesn't have a tolerance. What a joke! Many of these psychiatrists do not know what they are talking about when it comes to amphetamines. They don't warn patients about what happens down the line when tolerance develops.

When you start to develop a tolerance and you have to keep upping your dose, be careful. It can get to a point where it doesn't work anymore at all. Amphetamines are not sustainable for a lifetime. It's not something you can keep taking the rest of your life. Health problems can develop, especially when you keep increasing your dose. It's dangerous for your heart and it can eventually cause psychosis or much worst.

It's really no different than taking coke or meth. It's just that amphetamines come in a bottle and is pushed on people by doctors. It's a shame really. I can't believe they even give it to children.

Whatever dose you're on, it isn't going to work for long and you will keep needing more and more. That's how it goes. I'd say quit while you're ahead and make a life without it. Then again, while it was still working for me, maybe I wouldn't have listened to someone telling me that. Many people won't listen until it's too late. Some things you have to go through and learn on your own.

Basically...

I think it's pretty smooth, but way back when I found it to start working t+ one hour, peak at t+ three hours, and start decreasing at t+ four hours, until basically gone at t+ seven hours. It makes sense on paper, but once settled in, the paper can't deny significant benefits for three hours, decent effects for maybe five.

Thanks for the productive responses. Guess I'm not the only one! I wonder why it continues to be touted as a long acting medicine when it clearly is not? Surely others have reported this to their providers.

Thanks for the productive responses. Guess I'm not the only one! I wonder why it continues to be touted as a long acting medicine when it clearly is not? Surely others have reported this to their providers.

It is really strange how uninformed doctors are...or are they pretending not to know how dangerous amphetamines are? It seems like they don't care about the damage that's done as long as they are making money from it. It should not be glamourized.

Since I've been off Adderall for 3 months, I've been doing a lot of research. The stories are all the same about people reaching a tolerance, then abusing it and finally having to quit for good. It ruins lives. Luckily, I don't have a spouse or kids or that many responsibilities right now. People who quit amphetamines and build up such a big life while on it, usually have to lose it all and start from scratch. Check out
http://forum.quittingadderall.com/forums/forum/4-tell-your-story/

It's mostly people who are quitting Adderall, but it also applies to Vyvanse, any amphetamines.

The amphetamines always stop working, then you're only risking your life by continuing to take it. It's best to get sober now and learn how to live without it. It would suck to be much older with tons of responsibility and having to start all over again.

Adrafinil and Modafinil has been helping me through the quitting process. Some people prefer not to take anything at all, but I've gotta have something. It feels awful when you quit because your dopamine is drained. At least Adrafinil/Modafinil gives a boost so you don't feel dead.

The quitting forum I linked is helpful because people who quit successfully talk about what supplements they are using and it's great to have support from those who understand the process.

In my opinion, assuming equivalent dosing, I'd say Dexedrine XR spansules are more efficacious than Vyvanse in terms of pharmacokinetics in practice (obviously not on paper). I'd say you need about 20mg dex to match 40mg Vyvanse since the latter is more bioavailable. Adderall XR is the worst out of the three, the crash is awful.

I do wonder how oral d-meth/Desoxyn compares since it's supposed to last much longer and be smoother for therapeutic purposes.

Idk results vary, as do calculations. From being on both, maybe 25=70. Rate your experience, though. One's experience is much more telling than calculations/experiences of others.

In terms of feeling, it is VERY smooth. Don't even notice it going in and out. This is only my fourth day though and I still don't fully understand the pharmacology of it.

The duration is a bit long (designed for 12 hours). I've heard lots of anecdotal reports that it keeps people awake at night. I have reason to believe it is causing the same problem in me but I don't feel conclusive about it yet.

I've done hundreds of time and still don't get the pharmacology of it. I mean, I understand the lysine and prodrug thing. But is not enough.

From what I understand, Vyvanse has a ceiling that Adderall doesn't. But I've read of conflciting evidence as well.