• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

Hi, I got prescribed to vyvanse last month and have gone up to 70mg/day. I like it better than adderall or concerta/ritalin, though I do wish there were a short-acting version for those certain days where I don't want to be affected all day, or where I have an exam at 7 or 8pm (I'm a morning person, lately). My friend's doctor let her try vyvanse and told her he could also give her dexedrine for a short-acting form, so I may ask my doctor about that.

I'm not interested in trying to separate the l-lysine and d-amph outside of my body, though I would be curious to if/how well that works. I'm more interested in the reports of taking a supplement with Trypsin in it either with a dose of vyvanse or well after a dose of vyvanse.

Someone said that they would use a Trypsin supplement near the end of the day to turn the remaining vyvanse in their system into essentially IR d-amph? Would that work? where does that happen? and how does the ingested Trypsin... catch up.. to the vyvanse taken that morning? Also, since this supplement appears to be legal and for sale at my local vitamine store, it would be completely legal to take it along with vyvanse in order to acheive d-amph IR effects, would it not? My doctor talked to me about how to split the dose of vyvanse (dissolving it in a glass of water, as the prescribing information says) if I wanted to, which I gather would be important in this scenario, so that would even be legal too...

kaileyb said:
my friend had some of these Vyvanse 75mg orangle/blue capsules.
70 mg.

kaileyb said:
today i popped open the capsule and did bumps, the powder is really fine and the drip is kinda sweet. i like it
I saw mentioned elsewhere on this board that, in Shire's letter to the FDA, under abuse liability, Shire presented studies which showed that when insufflated, only about 5% of the d-amphetamine becomes active. I'm guessing this is the vyvanse from the drip? In which case, it'd take particularly long for it to get to the small intestines and become active, not to mention the effects shouldn't even be noticeable...

or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

>>this is why you see posts that say you should take tums or mix baking soda with water before you take adderall, dexedrine, etc. and avoid juices>>

To be precise, isn't it the case that even acidic juices make the environment in one's stomach more basic, as they dilute strong stomach acid?

Otherwise, great post, correcting my misinformation. No offense, but your post itself appears "stimulant-inspired". :)

>>I saw mentioned elsewhere on this board that, in Shire's letter to the FDA, under abuse liability, Shire presented studies which showed that when insufflated, only about 5% of the d-amphetamine becomes active. I'm guessing this is the vyvanse from the drip? In which case, it'd take particularly long for it to get to the small intestines and become active, not to mention the effects shouldn't even be noticeable...>>

This is right...although I don't know anything about the 5 percent figure.

ebola

ebola? said:
This is right...although I don't know anything about the 5 percent figure.
here is the specific post I was referring to.

I'm still very interested in using a Trypsin supplement to gain a little more control over the effects of vyvanse through the day -- another question occurred to me: if it's possible to turn the remaining vyvanse in the system into IR d-amph by ingesting Trypsin, would ingesting a smaller amount of Trypsin cause only some of it to be instantly released (i.e, could trypsin be used to increase the effects slightly for a little while?)

Of course, I'd also be interested in the legality of doing this; if otherwise legal, it sounds like a very useful way to control one's ADHD throughout the day.

I'm not too good with chemistry (I don't know how I passed...) so any dumbing down would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

My psychiatrist was talking about prescribing me that for my ADHD-related issues, and from what I gather, it seems to be just as abusable as Adderall.
By the way (and this is totally unrelated to the topic), what's with the abundance of Deus Ex lovers on BL? I mean I see Newmoonrecord and Daedalus705 both with avatars from the game (awesome fucking game by the way, playing through it right now, it kicks some major ass, definitely in my top 10 of all time), and Daedalus is also one of the characters in the game.

klowns said:
i thought lisdexamph was supposed to be less abusable?
my poor lil bro called me up panicking cause 16 hours earlier he had dropped 2 of them and he said hes never been so twacked teh fuck out in his life (in a very bad way) and hes done alot of good meth with me and tons of good yola and e, so he knows his shit. he said this stuff gets you extremely spun and cracked out and lasts forever. whats the deal? anyone else have experience with this shit?
thanks in advance!
It is supposed to be less abusive. Vyvanse is a pro drug, but that dosen't mean you still can tabuse it a little

bottom line adderallxr patent is up april 2009. shire has a HUGE investment and wants to continue their increasing profits. what better way, come up w/ a new drug=new patent.they have to add a spin on it, vyvanse the one thats not likely to be abused.BS. it can, and is abused. just another marketing tool. their goal is to get all adderall users switched to vyvanse..sales sales sales.

they tried to put EVERYONE in the rehab i was in on vyvanse. figured it was abuse proof.

i hated it, and me and about 8 other people refused to take it anymore

Just to let you know i have struggled with amphetamine addiction in the pass. I made my mind do some crazy shit from abusing adderall and i got no benificial treatment. A year later I don't smoke weed and i take 50mg of vyvanse at 9 or 10am and another one at 4pm. It doesn't get me high in the traditional amp sense. Usually i feel like im king of the world on addies. However, what vyvanse does is it manages all my add symptoms and allows me to do work whenever I want it. It has honestly turned my life around, and i think people who say it sucks simply use it for the wrong purposes. If you use it for what its supposed to do it one of the best stims out there :)

Sorry to bump this, just to let everyone know, I tried a Vyvanse 70mg today. I thought 70mgs was alot so I just took one (even though i bought a bunch cheap.) The girl did tell me it'd be pretty strong but I said (in my head)...."hey! two years ago you were taking 160mgs adderall xr and barely feeling it! This won't do anything!"

Wrong

Off one pill, I'm very very geeked, but in that good, "i work 3x as fast as usual and 10x as well" way. Maybe it's just that my tolerance went down, but I do remember, when I did some community service in December, I took a 30 mg Adderall XR (for the first time since tenth grade) and barely felt it.

Very abusable IMO. Didn't even snort it or anything, just took it.

i thought this klowns troll left BL for good..wtf.

EDIT: oh this is an old ass thread.

This drug is 100% abusable. I didn't think it was till a kid I hung out with last Friday was talking about how much he liked it. This kid is highly experienced with uppers (adderall, coke, crack and god knows what else) He was acting very fucking weird and wouldn't stop talking and was acting delusional and just rather strange. I asked him what the fuck he was on and he said he took 11 of his 50mg vyvanse pills yesterday and hadn't slept since then.

I'd like to give this stuff a try in the near future.

for me, now anyways, amphetamines are only a "once in a blue moon" thing. like...knowing ill have an extremely busy day at work, then ill take one. if you like amphetamines, or even <3 them, and you come accross vyvanse, try it out!

ranunky said:
He wasn't a troll.

uh did you happen to read his posts/ramblings? that combined with quadruple posts in a row over and over in every thread, i'd call that a troll.

Looks like Shire is funding all the research in the psychological literature concerning the effectiveness and efficacy of this drug. Anyone have time to check the methodology?

This research was supported by New River Pharmaceuticals Inc., Radford, Virginia, and Shire Development Inc., Wayne, Pennsylvania. Editorial assistance was provided by NeoHealth, Inc., Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey.

Title: Efficacy and tolerability of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (NRP-104) in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: A phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, forced-dose, parallel-group study.

Author Biederman, Joseph1; Krishnan, Suma2; Zhang, Yuxin3; McGough, James J.4; Findling, Robert L.5

Affiliation (1)Department of Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, US; (2)New River Pharmaceuticals, Blacksburg, VA, US; (3)Xtiers Consulting, Potomac, MD, US; (4)UCLA, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Los Angeles, CA, US; (5)University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH, US

Source Clinical Therapeutics: The International Peer-Reviewed Journal of Drug Therapy. Vol 29(3), Mar 2007, pp. 450-463

Background: Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) is a therapeutically inactive amphetamine prodrug. It was developed with the goal of providing an extended duration of effect that is consistent throughout the day, with a reduced potential for abuse, overdose toxicity, and drug tampering. Following ingestion, the pharmacologically active d-amphetamine molecule is gradually released by rate-limited hydrolysis. Objectives: The aims of this study were to assess the efficacy and tolerability of LDX in school-aged children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) treated in the community, and to characterize the duration of action of LDX compared with placebo. Methods: This Phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, forced-dose, parallel-group study was conducted at 40 centers across the United States. Male and female children aged 6 to 12 years with ADHD were randomly assigned to receive LDX 30, 50, or 70 mg with forced-dose titration, or placebo, PO QD for 4 weeks. Efficacy was assessed using the ADHD Rating Scale Version IV (ADHD-RS-IV), the Conners' Parent Rating Scale (CPRS), and the Clinical Global Impression of Improvement scale. Tolerability was assessed throughout the study. Results: Of the 290 randomized patients (201 boys, 89 girls; mean [SD] age, 9 [1.8] years), 230 completed the trial (LDX 30 rag, n = 56; LDX 50 rag, n = 60; LDX 70 rag, n = 60; and placebo, n = 54). The most common reasons for study discontinuation (n = 60) were lack of efficacy (LDX 30 rag, 1%; LDX 50 rag, 0%; LDX 70 rag, 1%; and placebo, 17%) and adverse events (AEs) (LDX 30 mg, 9%; LDX 50 mg, 5%; LDX 70 rag, 14%; and placebo, 1%). Significant improvements in ADHD-RS-IV scores were seen with all doses of LDX compared with placebo (all, P < 0.001), and in CPRS scores with all LDX doses versus placebo throughout the day (all, P < 0.001 for all comparisons). Efficacy was observed by the first week of treatment, and improvements were observed throughout the day up to -6 PM. The most frequently reported AEs among patients receiving LDX were typical of amphetamine products: decreased appetite (39% with active treatment vs 4% with placebo), insomnia (19% vs 3%), upper abdominal pain (12% vs 6%), headache (12% vs 10%), irritability (10% vs 0%), vomiting (9% vs 4%), weight decrease (9% vs 1%), and nausea (6% vs 3%); most were mild to moderate and occurred in the first week. Conclusion: In this population of children with ADHD, treatment once daily with the prodrug LDX at doses of 30 to 70 mg appeared to be effective and had a tolerability profile similar to those of currently marketed extended-release stimulants.

Last edited:
I just recently got prescribed this to help me with my concentration issues, took one 30 mg cap a couple hours ago, so far it's actually starting to feel like a subtle, clean, euphoric amphetamine high, not at all like the dirty, artficial, robot-like feeling high I've grown to associate with amphetamines, due to all the bad times I've been through with them (the fact that at least half of those times I took it unknowingly because my pills or my coke was cut with it doesn't help, either).
I'm tempted to take 2 more, hopefully it won't make me geeked out and jittery, and just might improve the positive effects that are already there, but I wonder if there's anyway these could be IVed or snorted.

Shire bought River"something" Pharms for like $2.5 billion to attain the rights for vyvanse because their patent for Adderall Xr is expected to run out in 2009 and that their BIG money maker so they are desperate for a new adderall.

I tried it for a week then went to Adderall, it made me nuts, I was having crazy mood swings and would start bawling for no reason. It was nuts my psyc saus to stop immediatly. Shire is throwing BIIIIGGGG throbacks to docs for scripting it. And it takes two hours to kick in. Fuck it it's all big pharm games trying to make $.

Vyvanse First Few Days

Hey all,
Quick question about Vyvanse. How long does it take to get a stable serum level going? Day one was alright. Day two was great. Day three was a little worse. Today has been awful. (all in terms of ADD mgmt)

I think Im needing to up the dose but trying to see what someone else has felt...

This is for therapeutic ADD mgmt.

Im switching off of 36mg Concerta to Dex-based med. I think Im going to go from 1x 30mg to 2x 30mg Vyvanse tomorrow...

THANKS

Last edited:
Since it is a prodrug, 30mg of this Vyvanse stuff (dextroamphetamine/lysine amide, called lisdexamfetamine, for some reason they mangled the 'ph') is an itty bitty dose, only equal to around 10mg of dextroamphetamine sulfate (Dexedrine). An adult dose of the Vyvanse prodrug would therefore be relatively high--in theory it would take nearly 180mg of Vyvanse to equal a higher-end clinical dose of Dexedrine XR (e.g. my dose of 60mg/day). As someone who takes the SR version of Dex (the capsules with the cute little time-release beads), I do have a few questions: how long does Vyvanse last? How long until the onset of effects is apparent? Does it feel smooth, with a nice gradual onset and a very gradual drop-off? I mean, I know the half-life of dexamphetamine, but I wonder if the prodrug takes more or less time to kick in than the SR version.

The reason I ask, of course, is that the old-school Dex XR is cheap (insurance companies really only like to approve generics) and this prodrug is $$$, so I just wonder how it actually feels.

Last edited: