• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe buprenorphine patches

Taking the patch off and putting it back on will damage the transdermal mechanism, making it less effective. As for bathing, you can get it a bit wet, just don't scrub it a lot.

TYVM Pegasus, and thanks for the merge cappy smacky. Sorry, I just had a non-recreational question, so I didn't bother searching lol (but I guess I should have). Does anyone know how pricey these are in the states/whether or not insurance might cover them for pain?

pricing isn't allowed, apart from some allowances.

ring around your local pharmacies for quotes:)

bupe patches are common in the U.S, im from new york, and my doctor gave me a bupe 7-day patch, it only released 5mg over the course is a week, which is ridicolous, didnt help my pain as im tolerant. i believe it was called "Butrans"

Bup for pain is only supposed to be used when there's no opiate tolerance. That's horrible that your doc gave you that. If thats how he operates, find another doc and report him.
Im sure everyone knows but: If there are no opiods in your system, it acts as a full agonist, roughly 40x more potent than morphine. (it's highly abusable to new users, it's schedule 3 for a reason).
But, if there's opioids in your system or your tolerant, it's partial agonist and partial antagonist. Plus it has a higher binding affinity than most opioids so it will force it's way into your recpetors,

my doctor did me a favor, he knows im an opiate addict, he gave me a random urine test, and opiates came back, he said he will only keep me on my klonopin, adderall, and for pain the most ill get out of him is the bupe patch.

So, you tested positive for opiates and he gave you Bup? That's even worse. You could have got PWD. Also, docs usually prescribe addicts tramadol for pain, since its not scheduled.
It's funny that he would rather prescribe a schedule III drug instead of an unscheduled one...

he mentioned "dont expect any euphoria from this patch" my doctor is cool but nieve in some aspects, if i wanna switch benzos, or increase my dose, he will allow it no questions asked, same with adderall, even gives me a 90 day supply of each, knowing im an addict he doesnt even stop to think twice about benzos or amphetamines being a problem for me lol. the patch did nothing for me, it didnt help me knee pain due to a car accident, i basically just put all 4 patches on to try to relieve withdrawl with no effort or luck

I just went on the 10mcg/hr butrans patch and have been getting some unwelcome nausea and headache. I've tried promethrazine and prochlorperazine but it's not helping too much with the nausea.

Anybody have any luck with anything else? I'm liking the analgesic part of the patch and am not too keen on switching meds.

I had 10mcg/hr patches of Bup that was then upped to 20 (which smacked me out really). They were great for pain, they helped my depression and I actually turned a big corner on them, they chilled me out so much I was able to get my head sorted out. I no longer use them as I found the application site where the patch is got so itchy I was scratching them off. After that they moved me to fentanyl. I preferred the Bup tbh as they worked better for my fibromyalgia pain and made me feel good all the time.

EDIT: Pregabalin works wonders for headaches from opiate patches, both Bup and Fentanyl. Also Duluxetine helped with headaches too.

EDIT2: *WARNING* Read up on Buprenorphine if you are on other opiates, it interracts in a funny way and can trigger a withdrawal effect if I remember rightly, so do your research first ;)

Last edited:
Quick question. B/c so much is left in the patch after 7 days, could applying heat get a lot of the drug out? Say I was to apply heat to a patch on days 3, 4, and 5. I'm causing more drug to flood out, but am I "robbing" myself of that drug for the later days?

Also, I know one user reported keeping the patch on for longer than 7 days...does anyone else have good results with doing this?

Ok Specneck, gave your method for IV a try, I am surprised not more people havent tried it and reported. I put the strip in the spoon the right way and found myself impatient so I put the spoon on my
leg

so my body heat would warm it slightly. Then I used plungers from a 1ml to push and scrape what I could. Water remains clear so you never really know if you have anything. Anyway, I manipulated it

this way for about twenty minutes and took a shot. Very nice. Im big on IV'ing suboxone strips. This was on line with that. Little cleaner feeling I guess, and no orange/lime taste in my mouth. Thanks for
the method.

GABAking, Id say your best bet is to chew whats left versus using it longer than seven days. And several have tried inducing heat on the patch. It seems the results are unclear. Anyone with a def yes or no?

Apologies if this doesn't belong here, but I have come across one 10microgram/hour (7day,BuTrans Transdermal Patch)

My opiate tolerance is moderately low, the only main opiates I have used has been DHC usually at doses of 480mg (I have however used DHC to the point of bad WD's), Codeine Linctus and Tramadol (Synthetic I know!)
I have dabbled with a few others too but very rarely.

I was wondering how I could safely get recreational use out of this one patch and what the best way to go about this would be?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have found some information regarding the melting of Buprenorphine patches:

"So, how would one release the drug from the matrix? According to the label, heat and pressure are warnings in the packaging for guarding against the over-release of the drug. A thinking friend might cut a chunk of the matrix free, put said chunk in neutral liquid (Whiskey comes to mind. Tasty and a good solvent)..not much, though, just enough to cover patch-chunk...put in small tumbler and heat to about 180F for 15 minutes. A micro-wave with window might work. The friend would carefully monitor as the alcohol cooks off. The remainder should be syrupy, sipped and allowed to absorb through the mucus membranes of the mouth...try not to swallow, as Bupe isn't particularly bio-active in stomach and intestines. The rest of the chunk could then be chewed (pressure) to release more of the drug, more quickly. Just a though and advice from thinking friends who report the psychoactive result to be clean, warm, dreamy, but not dopey high."

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157251#ixzz1sCvtQn5Q

My two questions would be
- Does this method look accurate?
- How much of the strip would need to be melted down? If all of one strip was to be consumed in one go, would that be dangerous?

----

I am hoping Im right in thinking that the 10microgram/hour (7 day,BuTrans Transdermal Patch) when melted down completely will equal to a 1.68mg dose of Buprenorphine dose.

I have got inpatient and will try this method now!

Last edited:
7 days at 10mcs / hr.
240mcs/day
1680 total.
1.68mgs. :(

Also, the OP said they were <NO PRICES> for 2 patches, or <NO PRICES> per patch equals <NO PRICES> per mg. I pulled out an old script reciept I had, and it boils down to <NO PRICES> per 8mg pill or <NO PRICES> per mg. So cost wise the pills are cheaper. Just figured I'd put this up if it helps anyone. I don't know if many insurance will cover bupe patches? Not really sure either way

Edit: It's kinda silly that this is against the rules. Its the prices of different formulations of the same drug at pharmacies. Not how much are people paying on the street. Regardless, even with the no prices edit, call up a pharmacy and ask. Like I said, the pills are cheaper. You can do the math to find out how much depending on individual pharmacies/insurance

Last edited:
I was prescribed the patches for a month when my suboxone doctor couldn't fit me in because he had reached his patient limit. He put me on Butrans instead. I actually liked them.. it was nice not having to worry about dosing. Just put them on and worry about it in a week. The best way to use them is to just wear them.. the whole melting shit sounds pointless and most likely a waste. Just stick them on.

Yeah, even if you got the pure buprenorphine out, it doesn't change that it's not very recreational.

Use these as a tool, not a toy IMO.

I would save for if I was ever in WD with no methadone or if for whatever reason cold turkey couldn't happen.

I have to say I was sceptical when I first did it but about 40 minutes in it all started (I carried out the method which I quoted and posted above)I can honestly say that I felt a euphoric glowing feel the whole day,pleasant itch, nodded, became talkative and enjoyed smoking cigarettes (which I only smoke occasionally as I am not a full time smoker) Now the amazing thing is I am STILL feeling absolutely great, nodding and itching slightly today.

I think if you haven't tried this method and are putting it down so easily, and especially in respect to people with only a general opiate tolerance, you might be massively mistaken in your statement.