• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What to do with spent VAPED herb?

Normally I just use them as a "fertilizer" (for other plants):p
Might look as a wasteful method for someone, but smoking it ruins the aim for using a vaporizer.

i vape mine at 6
so my duff is dank
and i just smoke it on 9
i save it all in a jar
and when i run low i reach 4 it
DONT MAKE GREEN DRAGON FROM IT

Damn if your really poor you can save it and smoke it / eat it / do what you want with it. But if your not Throw that brown dirt out It tastes like your smoking a wet ciggerett when you smoke it. Yuuuuck and no you dont get high you get light headed from all the carcinogens and tar.

Mysterious said:
then I turn the volcano to 9 and let it go. Get a good amount of vapor there, but it doesn't taste good at all.

The volcano has been shown to leave about 3% of the original material leftover. So say you have an ounce and you vaporized the whole thing.

28g x 0.03 = 0.84g. So if you made brownies/butter etc out of that ounce of spent weed, you'd have to eat the whole batch to get a mild buzz (0.84g equivalency).

To those who smoke your vaped weed, I laugh at you. Horrible taste, no high, and I bet you get a headache sometimes.

I can't quote it exactly, but this is close, "A significant quantity of benzene was found to be produced over 400f." It's from one of the vaporizer studies, griggs maybe? That name jumps out at me. Defeats the purpose to go past about 6.25 or maybe a little higher as I do as I suspect that my heating element is producing less heat than it used to; after 3 years of daily usage.

There are 42 or is it 46 cannabinoids present in da chronic. So it be like dis homeys. They apparently vapoorise at diffint temperachures würd? So the chemotype you end with at the end is not a desirable one. There are higher levels of CBD left in proportion to THC. CBD is a CB1 and CB2 antagonist. So you're really taking a step backward from where you want to be. I cannot emphasize enough how shitty the "high"(from now on referred to as burnout/BO) is from duff. I recently had a birthday cake made with duff and I was feeling the BO and I recognized the lameness and anti-highness of the BO and asked the cake's maker and of course. I had to find out on my own of course after exhausting trials in different mediums including ISO washes, corn, canola, olive oil, and butter. It's no good. Throw that shit out.

That being said I made fucking awesome butter from the remnants from my Vapor Bros. That being said I grind up the weed in my volcano by the third or so bowl so that it's extremely spent. WIth the Vapor Bros. I mixed it around, but didn't so vigourously grind it up. And with the vapor bros. set up heat doesn't permeate as far through the weed.

Just to reiterate. Throw... that... shit... out.

Word.

Peace,
PL

I'm hardly the type to preach this sort of cold hard libertarian ethics usually, but damn... if someone would buy spent vaped herb thinking they've got quality unused product, I'd almost say they deserve to get ripped off. The difference is astrofuckingnomical. I used to vape, using a chemistry flask over an alcohol flame, and the weed would come out brittle, more brown than green, and charred-smelling. And utterly useless.

do not waste it by throwing it out. keep saving it until you have alot then make oil or butter, you won't regret it.

reference added:
Analysis of the vapor from the Volcano Vaporizer found that using multiple passes it delivered 36% - 61% of the THC in the sample [2] - a more recent study using pure cannabinoid preparations achieved a maximum of 54%.

Last edited:
my freind collects the bad bud (duff) in mason jars (has like 30+ jars), it smells.

we have used it for cooking, and I agree with whoever said it introduces a very burnt-out high feeling, and it lasts. I find eating with shake/stem/bud is diffferent from eating the duff, however, it WORKS !!!!!!

we have rolled it in joints and sold it. 5 for $10 (maybe not the most honest way..)..but IT WORKS !!!!! and yes do NOT smoke bud you have vapped, why would you vape if you smoke the bad stuff right after, it makes no sense?

I have not, but I'm highly interested in making duff into Oil using the ISO technique. I think this would be a hands down, GREAT way of using the Duff....can someone try making oil with this/or has ?

:D

Save it up...buy a juicy j super blut, roll it, smoke it. You get quite high, well I do.

ok werl this week a quqrter was vaped, the duff saved, i posted earlier that i as gonna maybe try cook wit it,,,, uhhhhh noooo thats not the go either..
ended up being 2 big hot j's, not 2 plesant kinda shit so im resolvin to throw the shit away now.... vapin just wsnt as good 4 me as it was cracked up:|

^ I don't understand how some people seem to have no effect from the vaporizer. MOST of my friends that come by LOVE to use the vap because I'm the only one around here that has one and it gets us high as fuck! I do have a couple of friends that will sit around during the vap session and by the end of it I'm blazed and they will tell me that it didnt work. I wonder if they are just not holding it in deep enough or something? Also, has anyone noticed how the oil builds up over time in the whip? I believe it is the results of the vapor condensing correct? Does this not happen in the lungs as well then? I'd love to cough up a bunch of oil and re-vape it. lol

Czar420, I'm among a sizeable minority that find a vaporizer high incomplete. Like a weak spaghetti sauce that's missing a few key seasonings, a vaporizer high is intense in the effects it does produce, but lacking entirely in a number of the ones I look forward to when I smoke. I find it to be an exclusively mental high, for one, with little or no sillies.

I much prefer to get quality shit and use a oney, so that I'm still smoking, but inhaling as little burned plant matter as possible.

MyDoors, That actually makes sense to me that some would feel that way. The friends of mine that don't get the high they desire from the vaporizers are new to the pot scene, and thats what I don't understand. I thought that with the high amount of thc they would recieve from vapor would have them on cloud 9 somewhere. Fortunate for me I really enjoy and desire the most mental high possible because I am constantly active and the body buzz is what I go for when I'm sore or like a couple months ago when I had surgery. I don't exclusively vaporize though either. Usually I'll start with the vape and I will cycle through some of my glass pieces or my dug out to sustain the feeling and I guess get some of what is missing from that spaghetti sauce. I do love to put some headies in the grinder and use that for my dug-out/oney.

Everyone else, I believe in using the gifts of mother nature to their full potential, so if you're vaping herb, you may save it and use it to cook or whatever as well as the stems/shake. And if vaping just isnt your thing well you could use a grinder with a pollen screen in it and catch the kief from the buds you grind and use that with stems/shake to cook or make oil or whatever you desire! There are so many possibilities. Just in my experience vaping gives off more re-usables than if you are smoking so when you vape an oz of headies you end up with slightly less than an oz of duff, where as smoking you would have to go through a lot more to get the byproducts you desire.

cook with it.. a buddy and I made some potent brownies with a few oz of spent herbal

Chicago66 said:
sell it to high school freshman

lol i dont remember saying this...
I must have been high hahaha

anyways...make food with it. it works great.

"I can't quote it exactly, but this is close, "A significant quantity of benzene was found to be produced over 400f." It's from one of the vaporizer studies, griggs maybe? That name jumps out at me. Defeats the purpose to go past about 6.25 or maybe a little higher as I do as I suspect that my heating element is producing less heat than it used to; after 3 years of daily usage."

I would be interested to know the source of the 400f number, but if so, I will make sure to not go higher than 7.5-8 I guess.

"Czar420, I'm among a sizeable minority that find a vaporizer high incomplete. Like a weak spaghetti sauce that's missing a few key seasonings, a vaporizer high is intense in the effects it does produce, but lacking entirely in a number of the ones I look forward to when I smoke. I find it to be an exclusively mental high, for one, with little or no sillies."

I still don't understand people who prefer smoking over vaping, especially when you are paying the insane US prices for good herb these days. THC has the highest vaporization temperature of all the cannibinoids, so the high is very complete. I think maybe the smoking high is the incomplete one. Now if you told me it was smoking culture you preferred over vapor whips/vapor bags, I could understand that.

"^ I don't understand how some people seem to have no effect from the vaporizer. MOST of my friends that come by LOVE to use the vap because I'm the only one around here that has one and it gets us high as fuck! I do have a couple of friends that will sit around during the vap session and by the end of it I'm blazed and they will tell me that it didnt work. I wonder if they are just not holding it in deep enough or something? Also, has anyone noticed how the oil builds up over time in the whip? I believe it is the results of the vapor condensing correct? Does this not happen in the lungs as well then? I'd love to cough up a bunch of oil and re-vape it. lol"

Yes, it is essentially condensed vapor. I usually scrape it off my volcano after a few months, take a glass bowl, plug the hole with a small nug, and top it off with this "vapor hash" as I call it. Stuff gets me lit like nothing else, as good or better than bubble hash.

^^^ No, it's the high itself I prefer from smoking. I find the smoking culture to be fairly wasteful -- I know I'm too much of a cheapskate for it.