Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Amitriptyline-First time 230mg(8 pillz) -Blackouts

Blazin_Ridim

Bluelighter
Alright this is my third trip report and let me start by telling u about my self im 14, 125lbs and about 170cm.
The story begins when I told my friend about "new" ways to get high and we could be able to find it in out houses. I started by telling him to look 4 sum T3 because i ahd tried it and knew it worked. The next day my friend Ali came back with a bottle of T3 and sum thing he found called amitriptyline, after a bit of reasercher(dont u just love Erowid :D) i found that amitripyline is an anti-depressant. So we planned a day, a nice drug day. The next day we skipped skool and we bought 5.5g of Sour deisel chronic. We got to my building and proceeded to smoke 2g of the chronic. This is at about 9:30am and after chillin for about an hour(10:30) we finished about 3g whcih took about 30min(11). After cracking some jokes we remebered da bottles of pillz in Ali's bag. I took out the amitripyline and read how manye mg in each pill, there was 30mg per pill. I decided that we should take 120mg first and see wat happens int he anme of saftety. After about 20min i started to fell the pillz jsut slightly and not being clear headed took the alst 4 pills so did Ali. After another 30min i could really feel them, i felt nice warm and talkitive. But put the up to the chronic, the pills maybe me really tired not sleepy kinda more lazy. We smoked another spliff finsihing the last .5 and then went to my house. My eyes we really red but my rents dont really notice that for sum reason. Ali went into me room about now i was getting really tired REALLY sleepy. Ali wanted to go homea nd sleep so asked my rentz 4 drive him home, this was da mistake. My rentz said i had slurred speech and thoguht i was drunk. Ali got left and got a huge lecture but now i was blacking out and could rmeber anything. I read on other reports that amitripyline cause black outs, while getting yelled at i kept blacking out to find my parents yelling at me. But the gud thing was the pills or chronic made me not care so dat helped. After I woke up in my bed only remembering spots of wat happend. Its wasnt that fun and did i read the mixing weed and amitripyline can cause serious health problems. Luckily i dont reallu notice anything different so i think i got off easy.

substancecode_amitriptyline
substancecode_pharms
methodcode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
kid anti depressants wont get you high, just sleepy. don't listen to all these weird ppl on erowid tripreports. they are not recreational. & please for god's sake stay away from pills... lol. what's wrong with you? what's bad to you about the chronic? find some extasy or acid, shrooms... drink beer.
stay away from the fucking pills if you don't want to finish your career as a heroin junkie or benzo addict at 18 if not much earlier! (believe me, they're both ain't no fun at all!)
better remember my words little dude. that's one who been like you speaks.

yea a friend of mine gets prescribed to em and takes em daily.

he agve em to me a while ago, and i took 3 little green pills, i dont know the mgs.
but i remember rolling around with him and two other good friends jus tokin while ridin through the neighborhood, and i kept thinking how fucked up i fewlt, and how slow i was thinking, and telling my friends i felt like i was in a dream.

haha amitryptaline, done that.
anti depressants are grabage, man.

I almost don't believe this, but I guess that's what makes it likely he actually did this. You should be working on growing up at 14, not dumbing yourself down and relying on ANTIDEPRESSANTS to have a good fucking time. This is dumb dumb dumb.

dude, psychs will dilate your world, all the pills of all kinds will constrict it. just try to remember that for the long run!

Should be glad the blackout wasn't permanent as the tricyclics are cardiotoxic at hiogh doses (QT prolongation) and overdose with them is notoriously difficult to treat

omfg lol

damn son. find a dealer instead of taking somone's needed anti-depressants...

lmaoo i kno after it was really stupid but u kno when ur wit ur friends and high and u make a bad choice. Im jsut happy to be ok after:)

Back in '06 I had to go to an Urgent Care center for a horrible hornet sting on the small of my back. while I was there I mentioned that I usually take xanax but haven't gone to my regular doc to get it refilled. This other doctor said that xanax is bad and wanted me to try amitryptiline. by reading the name it seemed like it could be really cool, he even gave me 5 refills. I took a couple one day and decided that they fuckin suck!

We do not offer drugs here, under any circumstances

Last edited by a moderator:
14? and you did amitri to get high? jesus fucking christ, you're an idiot, hands down - best get your head on track or you're going to end up in a very bad place i tell you that much

at least wait a couple of years before you start fucking around so much man, you're fucking 14, imo you shouldn't even be on this site

Amitriptyline will definitely get you high. It isn't very enjoyable, and often is unpleasant. I used to have a prescription for nortriptyline and also used to use amitriptyline as a sleep aid. It was a bit fun at 2-3 times the prescribed dose. I'd hear voices and find myself saying something that made no sense, at which point I'd come back to reality a bit. It can also cause realistic hallucinations. It is a bit like dramamine, but generally not unpleasant. My primary reason for using it was for sleep, the high was just an added benefit. I would not use them for recreational purposes, since it is not much fun.

Tricyclic antidepressants have anticholinergic effects like dramamine. It may have similar risks. I know my mind became dull for several months after I used dramamine to get high quite a few times over a period of several months. I eventually came back to normal. I know that was a stupid thing to do, but it was a long time ago. I never got many of the realistic hallucinations a lot of people have reported, and finally gave up on trying because it was just too unpleasant. You risk permanent damage if you make a habit of using high doses of those things.

When I was 14 years old, I took a large overdose of amitriptyline and doxepin in a suicide attempt. Those are both tricyclic antidepressants. I also mixed in some other antidepressants and quite a few pills that probably were not psychoactive. I don't remember what the other stuff was. I did it right after my parents left. They were going out of town for most of the day. I drifted off to sleep and did not wake until my mother got back maybe 8 or 9 hours later. I became completely delerious and kept saying shit that made no sense. I don't remember much of it, but was told about it when I recovered. My sister asked where my mother was, and I said she was behind the house making mashed potatoes. She was actually right beside my sister. I don't remember much of what happened. On the way to the hospital, I remember the bright sunlight and feeling pretty good. I was told to piss in a cup at the hospital, and I pissed all over the floor instead. I don't remember doing it though. The piss test only detected tricyclic antidepressants and an antihistimine. They did not check for the quantity of drug in my system. If they had, it may have been obvious that it was a suicide attempt. I became a bit aware of the situation after a while. The doctors thought I did it to get high, and I just went along with that so I would not end up in the nut house. They let me out later that night, and I was still very fucked up. I slept most of the next three days. It took a long time to get it all out of my system. That was the first time I got high.

Last edited:
UnfortunateSquid said:
At the risk of repeating what has already been said:

Amitriptyline is not recreational.

And it is cardiotoxic in high doses. Using it on ways other than indicated by a doctor is just plain stupid. If you want to do such things, go jump off a bridge instead - in the end the final result will be the same (a toe tag & a place in the morgue)

Amitriptyline is very easy to overdose on because of its narrow therapeutic index; for this reason it's not usually prescribed to suicidal people.