• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

methadone rush much stronger then heroin?

ifonly

Bluelighter
This is something that I have just recently encountered.

In all my past experience of opiates, i have IVed morphine, heroin, oxycodone, and methadone. in both small and very large amounts, for all of them.

Now in my experience, methadone far exeeds every other opiate i have IVed in terms of rush. The methadone rush blows my head off, and it feels like my body is rapidly expanding with pure pleasure. It is very intense.

Heroin IVed is more warm and fills me up slowly, its more fuzzy and blanket-like and quite nice.

Another thing, the rush - to - high ratios are very very different. For example, after a big heroin rush i will be slurring my words, stumbling, nodding and overall quite high, and noticably. I cant search for better rushes from heroin because i will be much too high afterwards.

Methadone on the other hand, the rush is so much furthur away from the high. What i mean by this is that, after a massive methadone rush, i mean so intense that it almost becomes uncomfortable, the high that follows is not necessary very intense. Methadone is one of the least-sedating opiates I have shot, and while i feel fucking fantastic, i dont feel anywhere near as intoxicated as heroin. I dont slur my speach or stumble or anything like that really at all. And yet the rush at the start will be twice or three times as strong as a rush from heroin that would have me semi conscious afterwards.

anyway i was just wondering if anybody else has similar experiences? I dont do this stuff really since starting uni again but it still got me curious when i mentioned it to some people and they seemed to think methadone wasnt very desirable.

methadone is by far my DOC, and i would choose it over heroin, morphine or oxy anytime, if i were to do opiates again. It just feels so much better, in rush and in high.

So can anybody relate?

*editting in one of my replies for easier viewing:

ifonly said:
I used the pills.

the rush is much more intense then heroin, and totally overwhelming.

i usually start to rush when the plunger is halfway down, and this rush increases intensely until i finish the shot. I feel like im rapidly filling up with pleasure, similar to a heroin rush but faster and more powerful.

I used 5ml syringes (they hold 6ml actually) and it would take 10 to 20 seconds to shoot, so after 4 or 5 seconds i would start to feel this powerful rush, and then for the next 10 or so seconds it would be increasing and i would have to make sure i stayed focus on finishing the shot and taking the spike out.

by far the best rush and best high of any opiate, including heroin. And i am very experienced with heroin, almost always of top shelf amazing quality (im australian)

Last edited:
My experiences are completely opposite haha.
I get 60mg a day and it is completely sedating. I'm nodding off at work or at home all day, pretty much have to nap in the afternoon. Of course its oral though.
I have shot 20mg before (crushed 4 5mg pills) before and while there was a small rush it didnt compare at all to heroin.

How much do you shoot?

are you banging the liquid or the pills. please say pills. either way from what ive heard (because methadone has never seemed worthwhile for me to shoot) the so-called rush takes just about as long as oral administration to kick in so about 90-120 minutes. doesnt seem worthwhile when the whole reason i I.V. is to get the dope into me as fast as possible.;)

this is very weird, second time i've heard this recently, i had an infection in my foot and had to have a picline? put in my arm, because i had to go to the hospital twice a day and have iv antibiotics, but while i was at my house this allowed me to shoot anything into my arm as all i had to do was fill up one of those big syringes and screw it into the tube comeing outa my arm, i shot whole wafers of methadone, 80mg's of the 10mg pills, an everything else you could imagine, but, the methadone no mater how much or little i put in my arm i did not feel anything for atleast ten minutes and even then it took a good half hour to fully work its self in. i cant imagin just useing a normal syringe would be better then what i had, i just dont get how it can give you a rush i guess.

after iv'ing methadone for around a year ill say this ,i never experienced a rush till i was on it for about 7 days solid ,after that i would throw anywhere from 50mg to 150mg worth of the rectangle methadone 10mg tabs with the M on it

they are they best in my experience ,i got very accustomed to the rushit gave me ,tingles in the joints and throat ,and a nausiated feeling in the gut ,and yes the first time i experienced this rush i was really intense now it comes and go's

unless you have a 2-3cc syringe your gonna be making multiple shots depending on the dosage ,add som diphenhydramine to the mix anywhere from 20mg up ,i have gone as high as 150mg mixed with 30mg of methadone and i was dry heaving ,frfom the throat tingles

i look forward to the methadone rush cause im so used to it,but i would love to get back down to a place where i could iv some oxy etc and get a very good rush along with a high without having to iv 160mg or more

actually i miss dope ,but imo OXCODONE has a really strong rush ,but HYDROMORPHONE is really strong of a rush,and quick as hell i always feel the rush from dilaudid before i pull the needle out ...im done ramble'n

I dont get a rush at all from IVed methadone, just had a 40mg shot of methadone 5 minutes ago (high dose for me) and just getting a nice high, no real rush. Only thing to come close to a heroin rush for me was IV hydromorphone.

well like i said i only get the rush when a good reserve is built up,ans yes its a rsh ,no its not as good as heroin not even close i would compare methadone rush to diphenhydramine rush ..not euphoric but ey its a rush

You're IVing those HUGE pills? that can't be good for you.

I found that the rush Oxymorphone provided was much greater than any other opiate. You might think about trying that.

i used the pills.

the rush is much more intense then heroin, and totally overwhelming.

i usually start to rush when the plunger is halfway down, and this rush increases intensely until i finish the shot. I feel like im rapidly filling up with pleasure, similar to a heroin rush but faster and more powerful.

I used 5ml syringes (they hold 6ml actually) and it would take 10 to 20 seconds to shoot, so after 4 or 5 seconds i would start to feel this powerful rush, and then for the next 10 or so seconds it would be increasing and i would have to make sure i stayed focus on finishing the shot and taking the spike out.

by far the best rush and best high of any opiate, including heroin. And i am very experienced with heroin, almost always of top shelf amazing quality (im australian)

When I was using opiates daily and before I began using Oxymorphone I would pick Methadone over anything besides heroin because of its potency.

Again, if you're searching... you haven't found Oxymorphone or the many other Fent analouges you haven't looked hard enough. If you do find those other substances you need to exercise extreme caution.

Opiate addiction sucks though and I think that you should be careful. It isn't a pleasant thing to go through withdrawls from any of the more potent substances.

have never tried shooting methadone. do you use the orange ones? can you taste them? haha

any way as for the hydromorphone, what kind of dose are yal doing? I normally take 8mg IV and while the rush is good I find that morphine or heroin is better. however I keep reading people as saying that it is the best.

as for the oxymorphone I have not tried it yet but would love too. is it better really better than hydro? I have heard conflicting reports.

from my understanding doesnt oxycodone turn into oxymorphone? LIKE HYDROCODONE TURNS INTO HYDROMORPHONE?

i have shot the orange methadone ,really isnt worth it ,that fucking wafer gets almost 3 times as fat when water is added ,it soaks it up and its huge alot of filtering is needed but it will still be orange ,need to order me some micron filters

everyone i seeniv methadone not feel any rush at all ,cept when i mixed in diphenhydramine along with it

is this thread real?

I mean iv methadone over heroin what a joke

no offense, but I'm just finding this hard to believe that anyone would have this preference