• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Klonopin(clonazepam) hallucinations

tablehead

Bluelighter
(Sorry for the long post)...

I have been prescribed klonopin (clonazepam) for my anxiety issues and told to use it at an at need basis for flare ups of anxiety. I have no tollerance and my last use was a week ago. I have had them for about 2 weeks and only used 2 (1mg) pills with great effect on my anxiety (love it).
The other night i cam home from work extrememly anxiouse and annoyed with work and my current situation so I thought id take some klonopin to help calm me down.
I ended up taking 2 (1 mg pills) and sat down to play some video games.
A little less than an hour later, I noticed i was sucking at my game, and i felt slow and tired. I paused it and sat down on my couch and just stared off at random things.

What i noticed is that when looking at things they would begin to slowly fall and if i followed them with my vision they would fall with it. Then my room was moving up and down side to side like i was on a boat, and my laundry basket was bending ever so slighty. These hallucinations were almost exactly like the ones i got off of 10 mg ambien (zolpidem) just not as frequent.

I had no idea clonazepam would do this! Any one else have an experience like this with klnopin or any other benzo? Im confused about the hallucinations.

Shortly after i decided to enjoy the experience in bed, and i passed out only to awake in the morning very confused about how i got in bed.

l0l sounds like a cool time man. I tried k-pin for 2 weeks and it had no affect on me. I never hallucinate off any benzo.

Good thing you're taking it as needed cause being on that everyday would still suck cause tapering is supposed to be ok but i bet it will still suck big time.

Unlikely as in, from person to person? Or would that just be a one time thing? If i repeated my experience took the same dose on an empty stomache would i have the same effects?

ANd why would it only happen is some people?

WIISH i stayed up longer to go thorugh the whole experience but i passsed out.

Ham-milton said:
It's extremely unlikely, but it happens in some people.

Exactly. I happen to be one of the few people who hallucinate on alprazolam. However, hallucinating on clonazepam is even more rare.

From what I've heard, it seems most common in Lorazepam.

I imagine that these are drugs that have some affinity to the same GABA receptor subtype that Zolpidem does, that this is the root cause.

It's hard to say though, the visuals most describe from Zolpidem are of a highly serotonergic nature. Now, it's possible that two totally unrelated receptors (ionotropic vs. g-protein coupled receptors) with vastly different functions some how create extremely similar visual effects.

But then again, an unlimited number of monkeys given an unlimited amount of time at a type writer could eventually write Hamlet, but they'd probably put out Titus Andronicus first (and promptly destroy it).

lol...hmm...ive taken probly more than the 15 1mg tabs that i can remember on an occasion at least...vision got darker i suppose and swimmy in the head. but hallucinated? nope, just chillllled lol

So would i be one that is lucky in that i would halluciniate again if i tried?

Or is it once in bluemoon thing no matter what?

I would love is this happend every time haha

if u try again lol? funny thing with klonopin is i swear to god, that rush of a calm sweeping over u (and for u the accompanying hallucinating LOL) could only last a few days MAX! its not like your tolerance to the drug goes through the roof in the few days, its still effective at its "normal" dose (if u stick to it but obviously...ur not lookin for that lol) so id say if u tried it again even at the same dose or even a bit higher...u probably will not get that again, and it will only be a waste of time to even ATTEMPT it again if you wait like a week cuz taking it again a day or 3 laterz to get the same effect u want will be worthless due to that initial tolerance u set up from the massive dose u first took which was how much anyways?

I have never hallucinated and i have experimented with very high doses. Usually just ends in a blackout

blackouts? hell i never understood the word blackout with klonopin, u could give me the bottle and id be straaaighhht, way messed up, but remember the dumb stuff that went on remarkably enough.......add in a 1/5 of jack with that and ur 200mg lamictal....landed in the ER with a .75 BAC....no im not boasting, nothing to boast about, THEY DREW MY BLOOD TWICE TO MAKE SURE!! they said i was stable and normal like i had just drank too much (IVed fluids) but were amazed....said the highest they got was a .55 and the dude died, older and bigger, not 20yrs old and 125 lbs lol...i must have some serious chemical tolerance all around.

Benzodiazaboy said:
u probably will not get that again, and it will only be a waste of time to even ATTEMPT it again if you wait like a week cuz taking it again a day or 3 laterz to get the same effect u want will be worthless due to that initial tolerance u set up from the massive dose u first took which was how much anyways?
Well i had taken my 1mg dose a few times for my anxiety, and this time i only took 2mg.. which in my books is not massive at all. Sooo are u saying that i would never experience the hallucinations ever again because my body is tollerant to it now? I would not expect that from only taking 2 mg.... And especially if i hardly ever take it. How long do you have to wait for your benzo tollerance to go down? Or do you still say the same thing?

I saw a bunch of black and experienced what seemed like time travel (8 hours into the future) on k-pins before.

I hallucinated on ativan once.. right as the mollys I took at tyhe same time kicked in.. LOL.. true story.. good times.

As far as xanax and klonopin I can hold my own with a few mg's of either, but when I do a couple of either, esp the xanax for some reason, and then do a shot of heroin, even a reasonable shot, I'd bound to start walking out of my room so I don't loose consciousness alone and wake up 2-4 hours later on the floor, usually in a very uncomfortable postion, got a bump on the knodgin last time it happened. Guess I should just lay back and accept it when I feel it coming.. ahhh for the love of benzos and dope..

"I saw a bunch of black and experienced what seemed like time travel (8 hours into the future) on k-pins before."

Hhaha yeah what he said, he just put it more concisely.

I really like ambien for the euphoria and hallucinations I get.
I us usally take 2 on an empty stomach and I feel like
I had a few puffs of good weed and a rail of cocaine.
I could sleep if I wanted to, but who wants to?lol.. so I take em in the morning.
Pretty soon the 2 becomes 2 and1/2 and then on to three then I stop.
If 3 isn't giving me the effect that two initially did then I cold turkey.
No wd's from Ambien. Fortunately I have some Klonopin 2mg to tie me over.

it could be that you took enough to fall asleep and fought the sleep leading to hallucinations or if you took any rx of thc or smoked weed which really give you paranoid ness and possibly happened to me, i took 10mg of marinol forgot not to take with cannabis products there is a warning in my marinol package insert to not to take with benzos such as xanax and valium that could be why

I took the two with a 10mg prozac pill? Would that have any effect?

ANd still no one answered me. Will i hallucinate againn?! haha

i've had some psychedelic type effects from extremely high doses of lorazepam (ativan), like doses around 10-14mg + cannabis. but its just like a very very mild psychedelic effect, nothing very pronounced, and it only happens after taking a large dose of lorazepam after not taking it for months.... then the next day no matter what dose i take i dont get it...

but it usually only happens the first time....

gethigh said:
it could be that you took enough to fall asleep and fought the sleep leading to hallucinations or if you took any rx of thc or smoked weed which really give you paranoid ness and possibly happened to me, i took 10mg of marinol forgot not to take with cannabis products there is a warning in my marinol package insert to not to take with benzos such as xanax and valium that could be why

really? i've had marinol Rx's for 2.5mg, 5mg, and 10mg 2-3x a day, and never had any problems mixing with lorazepam, clonazepam, diazepam, alprazolam. all of these meds were Rx'd of course....