⫸STICKY⫷ Ex-Staff? Would you like the title 'Bluelight Crew'?

felix

Bluelight Crew
After gauging public opinion in THIS thread, and painstaking analysis of the results with the help of some pivot tables, graphs & pie charts, the administration have decided on the title 'Bluelight Crew'.

If any ex-staff would like this to appear below their username in place of the word 'Bluelighter', please hit the report button on this post and request it. Your request will then be considered by the admins.

Edit: The Report Button is the one that looks like this
report.gif
up on the top right of every post.

It's that simple. :)

I'll bounce this thread around Bluelight to ensure we get everyone.

Last edited:
bluelight crew is the most wise decision, thank you:D

*subject to later change by admins on drugs...or just pissed off.

panic in paradise said:
bounce me in.
are you ex-staff now?

silly PIP. ;)

anyway - i've bounced this thread ALL over bluelight. that took a few minutes, but on the bright side i found a forum that i've never even heard of before.

SUP > ED > CD > SD > PD > OD > DS > DITM > BDD > ADD > TDS > TR > DC > HL > CEP > SLR > P&S > C&U > LD > SO > S&T > S&G > L > MDJ > NEMD > W > F&T > AUSDD > AUSSOC > AUSE > EADD > EAE > NSADD > NSAS > NEE > MWE > ONSARE > TPH > and back home to SUP.

*phew!* %)

This choice of title SUCKS, but at least it's better than "I used to be a mod."

Nice that the old staff is getting some recognition though! I mean really, nobody ever reads the archives.

if it sucks so hard, why have you asked for it? ;)

give this dude an "i used to be a mod" title instead bl crew=D

I'm not so sure that I was a moderator long enough for something like this to apply, but why not? Ever since wesmdow died I've begun to visit the site again...

Daisybabe said:
This choice of title SUCKS, but at least it's better than "I used to be a mod."

Nice that the old staff is getting some recognition though! I mean really, nobody ever reads the archives.

Why do you want a title then if it sucks?

Kerrigan, I think you deserve the title, you were certainly a noted moderator.

[edit: meant for Medi]

As we go, I guess.

I'll start making changes when I get a chance, as they come in.

I agree with swilow about kerrigan. I don't think we're going to impose any restrictions on this one (maybe an exception for people who were a mod for like one day and were then banned, or something...)

felix said:
if it sucks so hard, why have you asked for it? ;)

I asked for it because there is no alternative, other than to not be recognized at all. :p I think the idea of recognition is wonderful but was long in coming. But "crew" is so lame and boring. I picture all of us "crew" sitting in little boats being yelled at by a coxswain.

Crew also implies that we are still on staff, which we aren't. The two answers that tied for third, "BL retirement home" and "greylighter" are each more descriptive, appropriate and humorous than crew.

'bluelight crew' has more history at bluelight than any of the other suggested titles, many of which were pure comedy.

even if they choose not to take the 'crew' title, ex-staff are always recognised: Thanks Staff Members

ultimately, it's what the title stands for, not the title itself which is important. i think 'crew' is a good compromise of respect, information, brevity, etc.

alasdair

Although my choice was guided by pure comedy, I am reasonably happy with bluelight crew.

ebola

Anyone that can't follow simple instructions:

felix said:
If any ex-staff would like this to appear below their username in place of the word 'Bluelighter', please hit the report button on this post and request it. Your request will then be considered by the admins.
... has no chance of getting it done.

just sayin'. (medi) ;)

what will happen to ex-staff members who reregister? - sorry if this is asked before:)