• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to get a prescription for Valium / Xanax

Harrisment

Bluelighter
Ok. What is the easiest or most effective angle to take when going to a shrink and trying to obtain Valium or xanax? I'm a 22 year old male, so I'm not sure if the age thing would be a problem or not.

1) Start on SSRI
2) Call back in 2 weeks, say SSRI give you anxiety, make appointment..
3) Say SSRI give you life back but anxiety make it diffuclt life to have, ask for something to make anxiety more easy to manage..
4) Be happy with script for .5mg Xanax, you can go back in several months and say you find yourself taking two for relief, you will not get a higher dose right away, and Valium is hard to get..
Things that might happen -
Thge most likely is that you wont get Xanax, but something longer-lasting like Klonopin.. you can always say that you feel the Klonopin out-lasts the SSRI, and ask for "some anxiety medication that doesn't effect me for so long" ..
Don't just walk in and ask for Xanax or Valium, you won't get it that way!
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)

Oh, I almost forgot. A few years ago I was going to a shrink and she had me on Zoloft and Ritalin. I haven't been to see her in about 3 years though. Just wonderng if you think I should go back to her, or start off with a new shrink?
[This message has been edited by Harrisment (edited 21 October 2001).]

Try going back to the shirnk that you have a history with, that way, your charts can do much of the talkingfor you - you don't need to spend so much time giving history, but can rather stress the anxiety..
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)

i had cipramil, zoloft (SSRI) like one year ago... now i went to a new shrink and said i got does medicines and that they didnt work and i wanted to try off with something new like benzos.. but¨he didnt want to give me any benzos... he said that they are highly addictive etc etc... he just gave me a prescription for a new medicine called Remeron(stimulates the production of serotonin), my new doctor also discussed "ME" with some other experts and they did not also want to give me something new... Now its 4days ago i got this new medicine... what the fuck should i do?! I want benzos!!

So how can i get the doctor to give me benzos? Im now using Remeron... What negative effects(can i tell him i dont get any good effects?)does the medicine have that i can tell him about and that makes him wanna give me benzo.

You need to do nothing for the next two weeks or so... call back and say the medicne works great but you find that it causes a fair amount of anxiety ... you might get something, might not.. if you push to hard you will only fuck yourself..
------------------

thanks for the advice PhreeX...
so should I go in there complaining of anxiety or depression? I didn't know they would prescribe an SSRI for anxiety.
Also, dpuff....my neighbor has a bunch of Remeron, and we all usually take one after rolling and it puts us right to sleep. I know it's not supposed to be a sleeping aid, but it really does work.

oh, one more thing. a friend of mine keeps telling me that if I go in there complaining of anxiety, then i'm gonna get prescribed Paxil. Is Paxil an SSRI?

yes it's an SSRI, take the prescription from him and throw it in the trash at home, then call about 2-3 weeks later or at your next visit with your doctor and tell him "this paxil(or whatever they give u, celexa seems to be thier favorite at the moment, dunno why, just don't take them, they are worthless crap) works great for my depression, i feel alot more energetic and happier but i can't stop worrying about everything constantly" "is this a common side effect of paxil?" he'll say "yes, bleh" then say "is there anything you can give me to control that side effect, it's really bothering me, i haven't gotten barely any sleep this week because of it?"(if you are like 20 years old or younger having a pro-drug parent with you will help out tremendously, i wouldn't have #90 1mg kpin a month if it didn't, especially at 18 years old when i got the script originally, have your mom or whoever say "i've takin ativan before, that would probably help him with the anxiety." then say "what's that?" when your mom mentions ativan, your doctor will tell you it's a benzodiazepine and it's addictive and that he doesn't want you on it forever) he'll say "yeah" *scrible* *scrible* and probably give you a prescription for ativan or klonopin(i don't understand why doctors always choose those two benzos, they are just as abusable as the rest.) this is ok for right now, when you run out of the 10 or so that he gives you to start out with, wait 3-4 days then call and let him know that they worked very well when you were taking them but now you are just back to how you were before(constant worrying etc..) if everything goes as planned you should get another script and keep getting them indefinitely if you complain enough. you might have to try this with multiple doctors, like i did, before you get monthly scripts, good luck.

Stuffed knows what I am talking about!
Xanax and Valium are most likely out of your reach, but Ativan and Klonopin (as well asa couple others) are possible... you can go with the story stuffed offered, or do your own deal - the idea is the same - anti-d's work great for your depression, but they cause anxiety, so you want to stay on yer anti-'d, but "just getsomething to take away the anxiety" .. the TEXTBOOK response is a benzo.. if yer doc doesn't fall in line with this one, hint again - if he still says no, or tries something else, THEN come out and be blunt - say it was so bad you couldn't sleep, so yer mom gave you one of her Klonopin, and that worked great - do NOT come forward and ask for a benzo right off the bat, as this makes you look like an abuser.. and getting your mother involved is just not wise...
If all else fails, move to another doc!
Oh, and you WILL start out with a TINY dose of whatever benzo you get.. TAKE YOU TIME, don't get like I do with a woman and just rush through then be fucked before you even know what happened... GO SLOWLY and DO NOT RUSH, don't cum inside - 'err, I mean, don't come off as an abuser.. the dose you're given SHOULD be effective for awhile, so while tollerance dictates that you will eventually have to have the dose upped, this shouldn't happen instantly (like my orgasam when I am with a girl)..
------------------

okey, you say that you can complain about Paxil(SSRI) gives you more anxiety. Well, im on Remeron right now, and anti-d, but it isnt a SSRI. Remeron stimulates the production of serotonin. Do anyone know if Remeron also can give you more anxiety, or other bi-effects to tell the doctor about?

I come on webforms and ask people to hook me up with sources!
[This message has been edited by PhreeX (edited 25 October 2001).]

Remeron doesn' usually cause anxiety to the same degree, but it is a common side effect - so yes, complain about it!
------------------

I argue with the rules rather then simply accept them, I am an anarchist, a rebel, I wrote 'NIN' on my backpack... GICE ME SOURCWS!!!!11
[This message has been edited by PhreeX (edited 30 October 2001).]

Try reading the forum guidelines...they explain it nicely
smile.gif

Oh well, turns out I won't have to try this anyway. Just found a connection of the 2 mg Xanax bars for $3/each

I tried reading the guidelines, and found this quote:
"ANY suppliers will be edited out of any posts..
I don't care about overseas pharmacies, most of them are scams and by posting their contact info, others can verify the legitimacy of them .."
So why is it that my posts were deleted? And BTW, I wasnt trying to "argue the rules", I was just trying to make sense of them. I didnt even ask someone to post the source to the board, I just asked someone to mail me about them.
[This message has been edited by Box (edited 30 October 2001).]

What about getting at least one bottle of valium for muscule spasms. My dad has back problems and gets a bottle once in a while (no refills though) Is it easier to get valium though anxiety or though muscle spasms and back problems? I do diving which throw out my back once in a while so i do have somewhat of a reason? what do yah guys think?