• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest In Peace, Alan (xtcxtc)

RIP

This man set the gold standard for provactive pics in BLs gallery. Kudos, seriously: Bravo.

Never met the guy, but from what I've read, seen and interacted with him online leads me to believe that he lived a kick ass life.

Dear Alan,
Again, what can I say? Thanks to you, I am not dead in the gutter. Bluelight has taught me more than I expected to learn from a 'random website' that I happened to stumble upon. If it wasn't for you I may never have found bluelight, I may never have learned what I now know, and I may not be alive today. Because of you Bluelight has saved many, many lives, You are (were) a legend in your own right. Your memory and spirit will live on, we will make sure your legacy is not forgotten.
Rest In Peace, dear friend <3

XTC-XTC-XTC-eeexxxx (got a hundo guns a hundo clips, nigga's Im From N-J!)

allen, Thanks for everything on behalf of myself & future generations of BL.

& for his two sons & daughter; You guys had an amazing dad, he gave his all to help keep the general BL public informed (and more importanatly safe). I do realize its a tad late for this but it had 2 be said if it hasnt been already; He was a great man and a BlueLight (and real life) Hero.

A foe of few a friend of many, This Tokez 4 u.

Rest In Peace. && Congrats on completing a great fucking life.

Alan:

I always trusted you never to mince words with me. I'm in a state of conflict about some stuff. I wish I could talk to you about it, but you are at peace now, and I will have to resolve these things on my own.

In the meantime, I can only state that I hope you adequately expressed your wishes during your lifetime, and that if you did not, those who follow behind you will honor your legacy. You have no way to enforce the furtherance of that legacy now, so I hope you have chosen wisely. A lot of people depend on your goodwill.

Best regards,

Mariposa

somehow i only just heard about this.

certainly i never knew alan personally, and only engaged with him on a few occasions on this board. on those occasions, though, he struck me as very intelligent, quite stubborn, forthright - i.e. truthful... it's a virtue - broadminded, and, perhaps above all, pretty fucking weird.

i liked him.

beyond that, what he did in funding this website was phenomenal. obviously he trusted the admins of the website a great deal - there aren't many people in this world who'd give mountains of cash, however much it was, to a bunch of drug-addled idealists seeking to educate the rest of the fools. but alan did, and in doing so, saved countless lives.

to anyone who respected alan's life and respects him in death, i can only hope that they continue to agitate for the cause that bluelight stands for - harm minimisation, self-autonomy, and education. these things are paramount imo, and it's a tribute to alan that he thought so highly of them.

for some reason my post isn't showing up? (i don't mean to derail the thread or show disrespect, i'm just a touch confused.) i thought maybe i'd imagined it, but i searched and my post is there. but when i view the thread... it's not?

that's the one. the last one i see before mine just now ("for some reason...") and yours, is mariposa's, timestamped 04-06-2008, 12:13.

odd.

Samadhi said:
I can say with honesty that this site has changed my life. Alan, i will be forever grateful to you.

<3

I wanted to echo this statement. Thank you so much Alan.

:)

R.I.P Alan. Very sad news to hear of this, I've been away from Bluelight due to some struggles of my own. Recently have healed good enough to get back onto life and I travelled through Hong Kong on the last leg of my belated honeymoon. I didn't even know of your passing :(

You will be missed by many people for many reasons, you were a person with a beautiful heart. May you be enjoying your "angels" and smiling upon us.

I used to be at Bluelight a long time ago. Unfortunately I forgot my password, that's why I registered again this year.

I remember Alan, he was a very special species in this world and an absolut genious in gambling.

As already said, he was always in the back, even though he donated Bluelight.

At the time I was a moderator, I remember that some moderators where amazed that he had the permission for the moderator forum, that was the first time, I came aware of his donating.

R. I. P.

Wow, I didn't realize who was posting those "Angels" in the Gallery.

Ppl that are good at math (like Alan) seem to benefit from LSD by at least trying it once or twice. (Many ppl in Silicone Valley used LSD.)

Wonder what Alan's experience with 'cid was?

I hope someone at Bluelight is working with his Estate to enforce xtcxtc's Will!

R.I.P.

alan1.jpg

http://www.121s.com/viewtopic.php?t=30200

Last edited:
sharpsense: what was your user name? If you can prove your identity somehow, PM me and we'll see if we can recover it for you (probably you'd need to know or have met a current admin or senior mod who could vouch for you).

Goddess: we're not getting anything from his estate, unfortunately :(