Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest In Peace, Alan (xtcxtc)

omg, i cant believe this, this is so sad :(
rest in peace alan <3

RIP Alan :(

thank you for everything you have done for Bluelight, we all appreciate your generosity.

Winding Vines said:
Funny chicpoena, nearly identical to what i experienced. Thething is last week and a friend brought him up out of the blue, and here I am now pulling out old memories and a pocket full of hopes and dreams. I am truly inspired, if only all of us lead life by his example. I feel like every bit of words cannot express exactly how i feel, trivial, its so hard seeing someone, anyone, on this site for so many years. Like going to class and seeing the same faces, home, and to realize and appreciate fully, how much time and effort this class has put into the home, school whatever.

My heart sinks at the thought of anyone of the community no longer being around, what ifs come to mind and throw on top of that a humble pie who has sculpted so many of us, without us even being fully aware of the influence.

Come on everyone, pursue the amazing and innovate yourself and those you love. Life is too short to not make waves, I say rock the boat baby.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it is odd, and maybe im just a mess now and the passing of alan has rendered me into a blob of salty monsoons and a marshland of heart.

i wish i would've had the chance to say thank you, i am such an ungrateful bitch I wouldn't be who I am today without this site and the beautiful people that have entered, crossed, and exited my life. It is a scary idea, to not have met who I have met....... Alan, you have some wonderful karma points, to the point of transcendence.
<3

Such a beautiful post. He touched many of us without us even knowing it, and passed before we could ever thank him.

I am still struggling to understand the synchronicity many of us have experienced relating to his passing.

<3 RIP

Been a sad month here at BL but to everyone that has passed we'll all meet up again one day at a big party in the sky. RIP alan, thanks for everything.

I had just learned about him a couple months ago too...I read his horse racing article and was telling my girl friend all about this awesome old man who had been funding bluelight all along and just enjoyed chatting it up on the boards inbetween IMs with hong kong and making millions of dollars.. And now he's with the angels...RIP Alan

(Though he's probably going to have to wait another 60 years for his earth bound 'angels' to reach their time and join him out there =p )

He sure knew how to make the most out of life:(
Thanks for everything Alan, god knows how many lives you helped to save.

My deepest sympathy to all those touched by this sad loss, and my respects to a man who lived life as he wanted to and helped make bluelight possible.

Rest in peace Alan. I knew of you but never had the honour. As has been said above, your actions won't be forgotten. It is amazing and inspiring to think how one person can influence the lives of so many others. Bluelight is incredible in so many ways... thank-you for the large part you played in this!

xtcxtc said:
could you not guess ?? but i spent 4 wonderful years there but still managed to fail to get a degree ( failed at everything else in life also except managing money )

from here

Whatever your 'failures', this site and this community is an incredible success <3 and is an example of what can happen in this world, even when most of the rest of the world is against it.

:( how sad; such a generous and caring person. 62 is way too young for someone who was having that much fun. my thoughts go out to his family and friends <3

I never bought
'The Zillionaire Genius Gambler With
A Philanthropic Bent
Towards
Harm Reduction
Is Funding This Site'

story.

Dear Alan,
I'd never met you,
I doubt'd you even
existed.

In the sadness of your
passing,
I hope your family,
friends
&
all of BL
recognize how
wonderful
the people you
don't know much
about,
maybe doin' so
much for the world.

You saved lives,
you buck'd the system,
an' it sounds like you lived
life in an astounding way.

You bless us with your generosity,
humble us with your humility,
an' restore my faith in humanity.

Such A Sad Loss.
But An Even Bigger Legacy.

You are an Inspiration.

Enjoy More Angels.

PEACE
UnSquare
<3

Alan:

I still have the e-mails you sent me when Jase and Skydancer had that falling out so many years ago. I felt privileged that you would confide in me and always respected your wealth of knowledge and experience.

RIP

bah that really bites.

thank you for providing something that had an impact on my life...

Peace out to the biggest playa pimp hustla BL's ever seen, and could hope to ever see.

Few will live as full of a life as I know you did.

Mariposa said:
Without Bluelight, I would not have my partner, my lifelong friends, and knowledge that may have saved my life. I will forever remember you with fondness, occasional amusement, and respect. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for everything. Goodbye, and see you at the races someday.
This is very similar to the first thing I thought when I read johnboy's announcement....I never met, chatted or in any way really interacted with Alan, but I know that his generosity has been a huge factor in making Bluelight what it is.

Without Bluelight, without the knowledge gained, the community here and the awareness of myself and the world around me which this site has fostered in me, I can honestly say that I don't think I would be here today. I don't really use bl so actively these days, but I will never forget the importance it has played in making me who I am; and I know that I am hardly the only person who feels this way.

Other people have said it, but it's extremely rare that one person's actions should be responsible for so much good...rest in peace dude, you have helped create a fucking amazing thing. <3

I never really knew him ... but anyone who has done as much as he has for BL def will be missed ...

R.I.P Alan,

I'm sorry to never have chatted with you, but none the less your actions will never be forgotten.