• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin. to cook or not to cook?

fuck that, i just can't be bothered by people like him.
Telling someone to cook their smack because it kills and inactivates most viri, is just asking for trouble. It just suggests a safe feeling while doing something that is highly controversial when it comes to safe practice.

Most problems come from actuall particles / stuff in your shot, not because of viri in the smack. If you miss the shot, well, that's bad luck and something else. But telling me that cooking is more safe is bullshit. If it does one thing, it disolves stuff that wouldn't disolve using normal temperature. Cold water is like an additional filter, heating up and disolving everything makes the cotton filter kinda useless... Imagine all the wax and shit you'd get in your shot if you cook pills and shit...

doctor in biochem or not, that guy is a moron who is hiding behind titles 8) Get some street smarts man... Because you're a doc makes every word that comes out of your mouth worth more than mine? Get a fucking grip man...

Arsteraad said:
he was ''pwned'' because the guy claims to have a doctorate in biochem?

you know its amazing that you actually have any spare time to take off the lecture circuit and devote it to the illumination of our base minds. Just joshing though, i'm sure you more than deserve the doctorate that you possess and the privllege/salary that goes along with it.

I'm just sick of the word "pwned'', confine that shit to online gaming.

Guys - I didn't mean to start a flame war (haha) - I was just trying to be helpful. I don't expect or care if anyone believes my qualifications (btw - getting a doctorate is a lousy way to obtain privilege/salary...). I also hate it when people try to pull rank in an argument rather than sticking to facts so these are the facts that you can check in any microbiology lab manual.

Normally, to ensure sterility, glassware is autoclaved (pressure cooked) for at least 15 minutes because it actually takes a higher than boiling temperature to kill the spores.

But for spread plating the glass spreader is simply dipped in ethanol and passed through a flame. This is sufficient to kill all the bacteria.

A technique for growing a lawn of bacteria is to put them into a soft agar solution which is kept around 60 deg C. This is then poured onto a petri dish of hard agar. Students sometimes (often) screw up and don't wait long enough for their solution to cool and you won't get a proper lawn of bacteria because they are killed.

That's what I base my assertion that boiling kills most of the bacteria but not all.

i guess it depends on what strain of bacteria you're trying to grow. I imagine that there are some that are quite sensitive to heat, and others that are quite resistant. Leave alone the virus... The ones that make it in your smack will most likely be the reisistant kinda bacteria, since smack isn't the best medium to grow on to begin with 8)

^
I agree that there is some dependence on strains - the one you are most likely to see is probably staph (smells like rotten socks). Also, there will be some inactivation of viruses because of denaturation of the protein coat but that will definitely depend on the strain.

I also agree that it won't be all of them nor is it enough to make it "safe" because you really do have to kill all of them for that. I just wanted to point out that it's not an absolute - that bacteria and viruses are not some sort of superhero gods but I will be more careful with my wording in the future to separate the theoretical from the practical.

Your explanation of why people cook makes a lot of sense - and that's what I would have guessed was the reason - and FWIW - that's why I read this board - to learn about things that don't happen in the lab...

But man it really is a war zone in here...

Groovy guru said:
But man it really is a war zone in here...

oh, forgot about that. P.L.U.R <3 :D :) <3
Have a hug man, no war here, 'mkay?
*passes on the joint*
<3 lets atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection <3

Lets not preach hate"!

uhhh, i started this thread about cooking or not cooking heroin. not growing bacteria!!!! kinda got off track a lil bit but now every response is about bacteria etc etc. so lets please try to stick to my original question. no need to flame or argue. its pointless.
=-]

I cooked, and used sterile or sterilized needles, syringes etc.

All my hep-c tests have been negative (likewise HIV), and I have never got abscess, infections or like...

Wait, I have had infections ;)

I don't know whether people should cook. I think it is better to cook...

What I've learned from wilderness survival is that as soon as water reaches a boil it becomes safe to drink. That means that many of the harmful organisms in the water are killed off very quickly, just by reaching a certain temperature. It's kind of like how you have to cook meat to a certain temperature to kill off salmonella. it doesn't matter how long you cook it for, you just have to get the meat to a certain temp. . Obviously drinking freshly boiled river water is not the same thing as shooting it up in your veins. . . those are two very different things, we don't have stomach acid in our veins. . . too bad, am I right?. Still, it is correct to say that many harmful organisms, bacteria and parasites are killed off with a rapid boil. Viruses are a whole other story. they do not die from a quick boil all the time, and there's many other types of bacteria that will survive being scalded, but it think it's safe to say that bringing your dope up to boiling point even for one second is safer than not doing it at all. It won't make you invincible, but it will lower the risk of an infection.
on another note, I'm in CA with the tar and I've noticed sometimes heating it up will make little black things show up in the mix that aren't there with a cold shot. I don't know if it's better to solidify these things and then filter them out, or to let them stay binded with the water and then shot them up too. I still like heating my shots up though.

Hi,
I'm new here.
But, this thread is very interesting.

I have a very serious and Urgent reason why I need to (asap) IV heroin.
It is white powder, so farI have only been sniffing it.

I have a huge tolerance to opiates. Although, until yesterday, i had never even seen heroin.

I am not sure at all, how to IV.

I'm not starting a habit! Believe me.

I've been on methadone for almost a decade. I am tapering off the methadone by using ANY shorter acting opiate that I can get my hands on.

I have used Oxycontins, Percocets (weak), now Heroin.

Any advice on how I filter it through the cotton (?), like:
1) do I put the cotton on top of the solution of Heroin and water that I will bring just to a boiling point?

2)do I forget about using cotton at all?

If I have to use cotton, oksy, then, what?

Do I put a cotton ball on top of the water and Heroin and stick the (TINY) needle into the cotton?

Thanks for any help.
I hope most of you can understand why I am doing what I am doing.

I know that for so, so, so, so many people, methadone has saved their lives and IT IS, for many people a miracle medication.

However, for me (and others) it has done nothing but destroy almost every aspect of my life.

I am not exaggerating (sp?). The simple fact that I am stuck (literally stuck) on methadone has ruined so many parts of me and my life (so horrendously) that I must get off of it now, or dying would be a better alternative..and that cannot happen, as I love my kids too much.

Honestly, if my son were older, not 7 yrs old..but oldr, like my daughter, who is just now a teenager (a mature one, believe me), then I would do it.
I already know how, I've counted the pills I would take so I would not feel my death. This is how real it is for me to need to be off of methadone.

I am a upper-middle class mom, I take the kids to soccer , etc...
NO ONE would EVER suspect I was on methadone (the people I have told to gauge a reaction, they were so shocked that they almost fell over or took up kickboxing! Seriously, to a lot, to TOO mkany people, people think that if you take methadone, you have stringy, oily hair, bad teeth, you're skinny and you have a bosy odour, etc....etc...) we all know that is NOT even close to being true.
Their are doctors, pharmacists, teachers, you name it, who are on methadone too.
The stereotyping is sickening.
Okay, I'll sto-p the ranting, I am sorry everyone. :| (I'm putting you all to sleep--I won't do it again, k?) :)
A lot of actors too. I knowq for a , let alone trying to shoot heroin...and hopefully being successful at it, so I can buy it somewwhere and keep itr up.

I will say, that once I am off of the methadone completely..I only have to spend 72 hours in HELL to get the other opiates (Heroin, Oxys, etc...) out of my system.
..and since my Endorphins and Dopamine have been severely destroyed over the years while on methadone, I will be taking tylenol with codeine daily. Not overdoing it, just the regular up to 8 to 10 tabs a day.
Not like ny oareents though. Mom has been addicted to opiates (Codeine) for over 40+ yrs. Dad? I can't begin to count. It's not the codeine, who cares aboiut that, that doesn't hurt you, it's the Acetominophen that kills your lliver.
In Canada, a bottle of 200 pills that have in them: 8mgs of Codeine/15mgs Caffeiene/325mgs (??) Acetominophen cost close to nothing. (for real, they are so cheap)

I'm lucky there.

Any help with how to IV this, especially the cotton part..oh, and how much water do I add?

Thank you for reading this.
I swear i am so not usually this boring!

Reading this for me... that is so appreciated, i am grateful for it.
thanks all..
Please help me??

Peace,
Hana

yikes

wow i dont know even where to begin with this one.. you think it would be BETTER to start having a IV herion habit than maintaining on methadone??? interesting, for myself and alot of other people, we go on methadone BECAUSE of our IV heroin habit. doesnt that tell you something? i mean, i know how methadone can drain you but if you think heroin is going to be better... i think you are in for a surprise. why dont you try a very slow taper,,. like 5 mgs every week or two. you make it seem like methadone is the worst thing in the world and a IV herion habit would be an IMPROVEMENT. thats kinda silly. and that 72 hours of hell you speak of, is usually alot longer. especially with your years of opiate experience. and IF you can kick the heroin habit you just wont feel "right" you have no dopamine left in you. thats what the methadone does. it replenishes that because the opiates you abused depleted your body's natural poduction.

anyway to answer your question quickly, put the dope in a cooker or spoon add enough water, not too little, not too much, i always add around 80 units in a 100 unit rig, cook it till it dissolves, then add the cotton and suck it up , get the air bubbles out and slam that shit. get a rush for a couple seconds then want to do it again in 20 minutes. over and over and over again. realize that a shot of heroin will NOT HOLD YOU like the methadone does. not even close. i prefer to be on methadone than heroin. i really do. and im not a newbie. ive had a heroin habit for 11+ years so ive been there done that believe me.

you need to talk to your dr/clinic about what is going on. if you dont wnat to be on methadone start cutting down dont just cop a dope habit. if you think yoru life is bad now, HAH, just wait till you are sick every couple hours and NOTHING in this world matters to you except your next shot of dope. its not a fun existence. you wont have time for your kids. everything and everyone will take a backseat to your dope habit. trust me. its NOT a road you want to go down but obviously its up to you. and btw its a little expensive. just a tad. please rethink your decision. i dont think your life will get any better from having a herion habit than it would be by having a methadone habit.

and give us some more history on your mdone program. dosage etc etc. maybe you just need a lower dose. sorry for the long reply but i just dont see how a IV heroin habit will help fix your problem. if anything its the complete opposite. a IV heroin habit is HELL. i know methadone WD can be horrible ive been there but you shouldnt be WDing from methadone. you should take it every day. you cant always get heroin and usually you can never get enough. ever. trust me its never enough. anyway sorry for the long reply i just thought that i needed to say something cause the path you want to go down leads to a place like no other and there is usually no return or escape. its a horrible existence. good luck and be safe. and id like to hear from you on your progress. keep us updated. thanks

icculusioso said:
What I've learned from wilderness survival is that as soon as water reaches a boil it becomes safe to drink. That means that many of the harmful organisms in the water are killed off very quickly, just by reaching a certain temperature.
i think that is mostly to kill parasites more than bacteria or viruses..but i am no expert. your stomach is a lot better at fighting bacterial infection and you can eat a lot of things and have no reaction while injection the same thing into your bloodstream would have much worse consequences. so just because something is safe to drink, does not mean its safe to shoot directly into your bloodstream (thus effectively bypassing your body's natural defense mechanisms).
icculusioso said:
I'm in CA with the tar and I've noticed sometimes heating it up will make little black things show up in the mix that aren't there with a cold shot. I don't know if it's better to solidify these things and then filter them out, or to let them stay binded with the water and then shot them up too. I still like heating my shots up though.
yeah i use tar too.. that floating black stuff is the cuts that dont dissolve, as heroin itself (and thus good tar) is completely soluble in water. so if it doesnt dissolve when you cook it, you are not losing any drugs. it is definitely best to filter them out whenever possible.

or just get better tar ;). the stuff with a lot of floating shit is usually lower quality and heavily cut. looking for a better source is your best option.

In Australia..

In Australia I have never heard of anyone heating the solution. Pharmacies here which sell Fit Packs also sell disposable spoons with the kit which are plastic. Obviously not something that can be heated anyway.

The gear is always white and dissolves on contact with cold water.

Sometimes i've just stirred it up heaps good but %90 of the time i got brown powder dope that you had to cook to properly dissolve all the chunks,

so it just seems natural to me to always cook my dope but there have been many times i haven't because i was in a rush or it was windy and i was outside or something like that....

In Australia I have never heard of anyone heating the solution. Pharmacies here which sell Fit Packs also sell disposable spoons with the kit which are plastic. Obviously not something that can be heated anyway.

The gear is always white and dissolves on contact with cold water.

Yep thats true with most Australian dope which i believe is #4, in the past i believe it has been %90 SEA white dope but i have personally experienced quite a bit of brown powder dope similar to the shit we get in Europe and you need citric acid to mix it up and i would suggest always applying heat to this type of heroin....(this was in the Sydney area 2006)

Also you can apply heat to those plastic spoons, those spoons are often used to cook up mscontin,oxy with heat offcourse.

^^ this has been said before, but in response to the last thing you said about prepping MSContin etc, its a REALLY bad idea to heat pills when prepping for IV. the good stuff is easily water soluble at room temperature(therefore no heat is needed), so by heating all you are doing is forcing all the binders/fillers to dissolve that you do not want ending up in your veins.

heat=BAD BAD BAD when prepping pills for injection.

chinacat311 said:
^^ this has been said before, but in response to the last thing you said about prepping MSContin etc, its a REALLY bad idea to heat pills when prepping for IV. the good stuff is easily water soluble at room temperature(therefore no heat is needed), so by heating all you are doing is forcing all the binders/fillers to dissolve that you do not want ending up in your veins.

heat=BAD BAD BAD when prepping pills for injection.

Yeah but without the proper equipment one may be forced to use this method, your going to need heat if all you have is a spoon, a rig and a lighter theres no way your getting that shit into a consistent solution without using heat.

Using black tar, I've never heated, just stirred until dissolved, but used a .2 micron luer filtered syringe for bacteria.

pkt said:
Yeah but without the proper equipment one may be forced to use this method, your going to need heat if all you have is a spoon, a rig and a lighter theres no way your getting that shit into a consistent solution without using heat.

the point is, ALL of the drugs (morphine/oxycodone/etc. ) will dissolve easily in room temperature water. so you dont need anything more than a spoon, you just add the water and stir. you filter and draw it up, leaving all the bad stuff (fillers and binders) in the spoon.

when you heat it, you arent dissolving any more of the drug, you are just dissolving the bad stuff. so you dont want a "consistent solution', as that means you have dissolved a bunch of fillers and binders, which are horrible for your veins and usually end up lodged in your heart/lungs. when shooting pills, the solution in the spoon should be murky, because that means that the extra shit has not dissolved, then when you filter you get a clear solution of pretty much just the drugs in the syringe, and a white sludge left in the spoon, which is all the fillers.

it doesnt matter how much equipment you do or do not have. never heat pills. it will NEVER get you higher or help more drugs dissolve. ALL THAT HEATING DOES is force the extra inactive (read: BAD) things in the pill to dissolve, and then they end up as shitty little particles floating around in your bloodstream, causing a lot of damage.

i never cook, east coast tan/gray/white powders good quality doesnt need heat to dissolve anything anyways, besides as many many people have mentioned, the shit that doesnt dissolve IS NOT HEROIN.