• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin. to cook or not to cook?

To cook or not to cook??

If its real dope powder just mix it in w/ 10units of room temp. h2o per stamp/bag until its all dissolved. If its pure there wont be any cut (obviously) left on the bottom of the spoon... Filter it and boot...No cooking needed.

Ive never used tar or IV any pills so I'm not a cooker. Im on the East coast so I get pretty good powder... anything that wont dissolve after a few stirrs at most a minute or so of just stirring it in some room temp water isnt something I would want to shoot into my veins.

But I do know that if you start to see vapor when you cook your evaporating the h2o there will deff. be some dope mixed in w/ those vapors just because narcotics are very water soluble and dissolve very quickly.

I vote any tar you get crush it real fine and dissolve it into room temp or luke warm water even if you have to stir it for a lil while. The pure dope will allways dissolve with out heat leaving any cut or impurities...

But cooking untill it boils is deff. weakening the strength of the dope.8)

I am always told the only gear that cooks up in cold water with on citric is pure heroin which is pure white.
Is that just a load of crap?

Thats China White.

Its around here maybe a couple times a year. Its a bit more expensive (well, same price - smaller bags, so same thing!).

Whilst I don't believe for a second its completely pure - it does tend to be a FUCKTON better.

And no, you don't have to use heat/citric with that. You also can't smoke it - it just burns instead of runs. I have seen junkies mix it will a few drops of olive oil (and once cod liver oil:p ).

In a real pickle here. Do I deal with the DONT BUMP OLD THREADS crowd or the USE THE SEARCH BUTTON! crowd. I choose the former.

So do you or do you not lose dope heating it? I like to use 15-20cc's per 2-3 stamped bags then boil it to a nice 5-10cc's of thick liquid, then hit the spoon with 25ccs of clean water for a second shot of the thick left over film. I figure I lose less to the film this way vs no heat and trying to rub the cotton around with my finger getting more of the film on my finger than the cotton.

FIFTEEN MINUTES!!??are you serious?
HAVE YOU EVER SHOT DOPE OR HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SOMEONE SHOOT DOPE?? I don't think more then 10 seconds tops with a bic lighter or matchstick is neccessary. more then that and it's over kill. and i mean kill/dead as in evaporation. all you are tryin to do is get the heron to blend into the liquidmix. overheating your mix can and will cause any cuts/stretchers to jell up and you''l lose the shot. but what do i know i am presently i'ving 2 bundles a day 5-7 stamps per fix and i've been using since 1984.
I remember the times when we would car pool into the bronx and of course always being ever so eager and so clever i did witness more then once, my fellow dope fiends dumping contents of bag/stamps into said pin/syringe and then opening door of car and leaning out and drawing up water from puddle of water. and if they were lucky it was running water from an open fire hydrant.....then you shake then shoot. fun fun fun who could wait till they got home? were talkin nice s/e/a white h,yummie

People where dissing this dude on this thread but not all heroin users are suburbanite white kids on computers. Some are junkies and this is how they live. Scraping from bag to bag using whatever water they can find. They end up clean at 40 in NA with Hep C eventually but these are the real junkies. We are rank amateurs and I hope to stay one.

Personally, I never cook it..but I get the purest of pure shit. If I got stuff from someone I did not know, I would cook it. but for now, I let it soak in 50 units of water in a contact lens case and use a cotton ball to suck up the cut. I get the brown powder (in southern cali this is the rare and best shit you can get, the black tar is much much less potent and stomped on.)

If you are getting east coast nice white powder definitely do not cook it.

All the dope I get I just pour into the spoon/cooker/whatever, add water, stir for 30 seconds and it's done. Heroin is water soluble. if you see particles left over that is cut, that you do not want in your veins-which you want your cotton to catch. Cooking just helps the CUT to dissolve.

Honestly, if you are getting dope that is so hard to mix up its leaving a lot of insoluble particles behind after filtering with a cotton, I think you need a new connect.

This does not apply to tar...that is nearly impossible to not cook.

Cooking will just do more harm then good. I am in NJ, but around here I have never heard of ANYONE getting sick from bacteria from dope. I have never cooked my shots or boiled my tap water and never had a single problem.

It would take much longer than 20 seconds or a minute to kill off bacteria (if you are using like puddle water). You have to boil for atleast 15 minutes. If anything cooking your shot of east coast powder is going to get some nasty shit you don't want in your veins, which will cause problems, either immediately, or progressively over time.

I get the high quality shit too. Like I said. I cook it to evaporate the water. Get my shot more concentrated.

Cold shot versus boiling your shot before filtering?

So...Ive heard mixed feelings about whether one should dissolve their H in cold water and then just go right at it, or whether it should be dissolved in cold water and boiled. I see no reason why you would want to boil your shots before injecting, as making your water hotter would absolutely introduce more dissolved solids into your solution, making your shot dirtier and worse for you.

WHat do you guys think the drawbacks and benefits of each different methods are? Also, which do you personally prefer?

I myself go for the cold shot because a) heroin dissolves perfectly fine in lukewarm to cold water..... b)i dont want to waste any h/destroy any opioid molecules through heat or evaporation..... and c) I dont want to make the shit i dont want in my shot more likely to dissolve in my solution and pass through my filter.

Let me know what you guys think, lets have a little debate about it.....

I'm not an IV user, but I know a few, and I've always been told you boil it to kill any bacteria that may be present in the dope. Bacteria is everywhere, why do you think so many people get abscesses?

This has been covered before, and to my knowledge, there is no benefit at all really to boiling your shot and all it accomplishes is dissolving those particulates you wouldn't want in your blood stream in the first place. Also, I have known many an IV user, and not one has ever boiled a shot in front of me.

You should always crush your dope as finely as possible, then mix in a sterile cup until it is dissolved. It is not difficult to dissolve, heroin, oxy, dilaudid, opana, morphine are all extremely water soluble and regularly transfer very quickly. Morphine has the lowest mg/ml at 60, but you would have to be putting like 100mgs of heroin into one shot until you got to the point where there were any particles. (Yes many people shoot several .1 bags, but they aren't pure H, ever.)

use cold water and filter with a micron filter. If for some reason you want to die ar make this more damaging to your body, you can use a thick, tightly packed cotton filter.

Good luck.

Edit: you would have to boil the solution for upwards of 10minutes to kill bacteria/ fungi/ mold, etc...

also, you don't briefly heat it not only because it doesn't actually "disinfect" anything, but because it makes things that were not soluble at a cold temp (where opiates are easily soluble) , so basically all the cut, plastic, lactose, god knows what is in black tar, sticks, leaves, etc... all of that stuff breaks down into the solution a bit when you heat it.

what? That is incorrect... if you have 1mL of water (one shot) and want to shoot a bunch of oxy, up to around 120-140mg of oxycodone will dissolve in one mL of water. All the rest is just binders that you are making dissolve...

Think about it, only 10-25% of a pill is usually the active drug, often less, so it shouldn't be hard to get enough OXY in one mL that you have to do multiple shots. 120mgs of oxy banged at once is ALOT. ( Using oxy as example cuz of your avatar)

As far as heroin, its solubility is 149mg/ml, so you would have to be shooting some pretty good shit to max that out.

You are deluding yourself with the heating thing. If you are that concerned, and aren't going to take my advice on getting some supplies, I would say to run the mixture through a large 5mL syringe with densely packed cotton and 1-2 layers of coffee or lab filters also. then when you have the filtered liquid, pull the plunger out, pour it pack in, and run it through again. The large surface area of powder means that whatever didn't dissolve into solution the first time, probably will if you pull the solution through 2 more times. I would then filter with a similar but new setup (pre-wet the cotton and pack it tightly) and try that.

It really is worth it to just go the sterile route though...

and trust me in order to fit that amount into a 3ml syringe using roxi's you have to heat it

That's just not safe... the solubility of oxy in warm water up to 180 Farenheit (where it starts to break down) Is only slightly above the normal cold-water solubility of ~120-140mg/mL

If you need to shoot that much, get a 3mL leur-lock syringe with some 28 or 29 gauge screw-on tips so you have a big barrell, but a regular sized pin.

I'm not an IV user, but I know a few, and I've always been told you boil it to kill any bacteria that may be present in the dope. Bacteria is everywhere, why do you think so many people get abscesses?

Because they are not micron filtering. :)

Heating a shot is not sufficient to destroy many bacteria present, and heating a shot can encourage some inactive ingredients such as corn starch, to become soluble in the water.

When I Cook and When I Don't

I've been getting black tar off and on for a little over 20 years. I put it in a spoon, squirt some water on it and let it melt.

Usually, I end up with a clean looking, brownish-black liquid. It kind of looks like Coca-Cola with no ice or bubbles. I've tried cooking this and nothing visible happens. I draw the liquid up through some cotten and it makes a nice, clean shot. When this is what I get, I don't cook.

Occasionally when the tar melts, I get liquid that is cloudy and brown (kind of like chocolate milk).

When this happens, I cook.

After about 15 seconds over the flame, the cloudy stuff in the liquid starts condensing into little floating dots. These dots collect, float to the top, get darker and clump together. After a minute or so, I end up with clean looking, brownish-black liquid with a clump of black stuff floating in it. I use a plunger to push the clump out of the liquid. This mysterious stuff looks, smells and tastes (yes, I touched my finger to it to taste it) like burnt wood/ash.

Once the ashy stuff is out, I go on with the cotton and get a nice, clean shot.

I've tried pulling the cloudy liquid into a syringe without cooking it. The syringe often clogs, the cotton gets saturated with brown goop and the shot feels dirty compared with what I usually get. When the liquid is cloudy, cooking is the only way to go.

The tar looks the same, so I never know which it is until it's melted. Maybe someone out there can tell me what it is that may be used to cut the tar which makes the liquid cloudy and which turns black and ashy when exposed to heat. I'm glad it's so easy to remove. It clumps up very neatly when heated.

Regardless, hopefully someone will find this information useful. If nothing else, I think it's kind of interesting.

Be safe everyone.