• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin heroin. to cook or not to cook?

I will settle this now with a few facts and common sense... dope IS souble in room temperature water.... so mix water a dope... and it will ALL dissolve into the liquid! anything that doesnt dissolve is a cut, not dope, and not something u want to bang! If you heat it up... these other cuts will get to there disolving temps and become part of the liquid!! So dont heat! your just melting more cuts into the mix!!!

Exactly, that's what I've been saying for a long time. Thank you. It's the same reason you don't heat pills. The binders and fillers will go into solution if you do.

Best case senario--

1. Mix with cold water , stir
2. filter with cotton to remove cuts
3. clean spoon and spray back into spoon
4. heat to kill germs
5. suck back into syringe using cotton!

Great idea right! This makes everyone on both sides of argument happy

It is a great idea. Unfortunately, most junkies are too impatient to do such a thing.

Oh well. It's still viable for people like me who only use dope occasionally now and can wait an extra 40 seconds before shooting up.

Here in the uk heroin wont break down unless you add citric acid or lemon juice ect.
I guess that just shows how shit the here round here is!
Another quick question if i may?
What is tar? Over here all the heroin Ive seen is always in powder form

^ No, it just means it's #3 instead of #4 (base instead of acid). It has no bearing on purity.

Tar is pretty exclusive to the Western and South Western US. It's a gummy substance that is diamorphine along with other opiate alkaloids like 6-MAM. Some say the high is different from plain-jane powder heroin, which makes sense because of the addition of other alkaloids, but the one thing powder has on tar is tar can never even be close to 100% pure while powder most certainly can.

^ No, it just means it's #3 instead of #4 (base instead of acid). It has no bearing on purity.

Tar is pretty exclusive to the Western and South Western US. It's a gummy substance that is diamorphine along with other opiate alkaloids like 6-MAM. Some say the high is different from plain-jane powder heroin, which makes sense because of the addition of other alkaloids, but the one thing powder has on tar is tar can never even be close to 100% pure while powder most certainly can.

Thanks Sixpartseven :)
Any idea why we in the uk need to use such things as citric acid to break the gear down?
I am always told the only gear that cooks up in cold water with on citric is pure heroin which is pure white.
Is that just a load of crap?

Im not a shooter so dont flame me, Just a thought would a drop of alcohol kill the germs and also help dissolve the opiates without heating?

Where i live there is shitty heroin that pretty much has to be cooked to make a shot. And if its really crappy, it will start to congeal in the rig. I dont fuck with that type of dope, but its cheap so its all over the street.

Respectable said:
Thanks Sixpartseven :)
Any idea why we in the uk need to use such things as citric acid to break the gear down?

He already answered it. ;)

The gear you get is #3, meaning it's heroin base, instead of a salt like heroin HCl. The base isn't soluble in water, so you add citric acid which forms heroin citrate which is soluble in water.

boiling pills

i read that you aren't even supposed to use HOT water w/hydromophone pills (just WARM) -- i've always assumed it's for safety, thinking that hot or boiling water would break-down some of the binders/fills that i'm trying so hard to not pull-up.

what you say for pills then?

thanks

QUOTE=ccm;5766857]Cook the H, either tar or powder until it briefly boils. You are not wasting dope - just evaporating a little water. You boil briefly to knock out the impurities in the dope. If you do not cook you are begging for endocarditis (bacteria in the lining of the heart) or osteomylitis (a bacterial infection in the bone). You *really * don't want either of these conditions, both of which can leave you in a wheelchair.

I know that some of y'all are going to say, "I have never cooked and have had no problems" but I have never gotten AIDS while slept with people unprotected. See what I mean? You might get lucky, you might not.

Please be careful.[/QUOTE]

^ That's right, you do not want to use heat or the normally insoluble ingredients will go into solution.

He already answered it. ;)

The gear you get is #3, meaning it's heroin base, instead of a salt like heroin HCl. The base isn't soluble in water, so you add citric acid which forms heroin citrate which is soluble in water.

Thanks for explaining :D
I am a bit slow lol biology was never my strong point! ;)

In the NJ/Phila area, we only get powder, and I've never seen anyone bring heat to dissolve it. That is something I've only seen with tar.

Nah, you're not dumb. Sorry if I made you feel like that.

Pedantry is, essentially, a very annoying observance for correctness. It's been shown to be 100x more potent than morphine, causes hallucinations and delusions, and is physically addicting.

Is it just in the uk we use the expression 'cooking up' to discribe preparing a shot?
Sounds like heating up your gear is pretty uncommon and unnecessary everywhere else. You are lucky,dont have to worry about whether you have a lighter, citric acid ect.....