• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

(Sydney & Melb) chemical brothers We are the night tour March 2008 REVIEWS!!

madmick19

Bluelight Crew
Its been three long years since the Chemical Brothers unmistakable brand of electronic insanity gripped the nation.

Five albums, three Grammy Awards, countless hit singles and some nine million album sales later, the Chemical Brothers bring their explosive new live show to Australia.

The sensory overload that is the Chemical Brothers live experience was launched at the world famous Glastonbury Festival earlier this year. The closing set left punters and media alike astounded at the sheer scale and epic spectacle of the Chemicals mind blowing audio-visual assault. Following Glasto, the band have rocked Fuji Rock Festival in Japan, Montreax Jazz Festival, The Summercase Festivals in Spain and have appearances scheduled at Bestival, Electric Picnic Ireland, Creamfields UK, not one but three Brixton Academys and a huge show in Londons Trafalgar Square, amongst many others, before arriving to Australia in March 2008.

Dates:
Wednesday 5th March Melbourne vodaphone arena
Friday 7th March sydney entertainment centre

Set times:
7.15-8.00PM - MUSCLES
8.00-8.50PM - JAMES HOLYROD
9.00-11PM - THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS

Tickets:
Sydney
Melbourne

chemical_brothers_press_gen.jpg

I have sooo been waiting for chemical bros to come back to dust off "my party gear"....wooooop
nayone else comming to the syd show, mezzedup and me will be there with bells on if not fluro colours ;)

Last edited:
Man you luck muckers. I was thinking about going to Aus to see them again! The wife would have nothing of it though. lol. I get chills just reading this thread. I saw them in LA, USA. If you are on the fence about going or are thinking about skipping it DON'T!!! This was seriously one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. I was moved to tears. It was simply divine.

I cannot even begin to express my utter dismay at missing out on tickets. This went on sale the same day as Justin Timberlake and I couldn't afford both. Don't crucify me because I went with JT.

tickets for sydney sold out first day. was there a new allocation?

i wouldn't miss this for the world.

anyone else going to this and then the next day seeing them again at future music???

L2R said:
tickets for sydney sold out first day. was there a new allocation?

I believe there was (is?).

Seeing them at Future is enough for me and my wallet however. ;)

This will be my 5th Chemical Bros experience

Looking forward to it and I cant believe its less than 2 weeks away!

i checked last night with "best available seat" options both dance floor and seats and neither came up as available.

btw: this will be my 7th and 8th cb shows.

wifey and i got dancefloor tickets.

^ conflicting information blows!

Even though I really couldn't picture being in the stands for CB

anyone else seen them at a venue like this before?

The issue for me with this show is that its at the entertainment centre...

This would of been 20 times better at the hordern.

If they wanted to, to have 10,000 people, do 2 shows... they would of both sold out easily.

i love the chems, but future is all my wallet could afford

^ Yea sitting down for Chems for the lose.

Lucky you got floor tix L2R. Should be a good night.

i can, and have, repeatedly seen the brothers both seated and dancing. fantastic any which way.

it's really something special to sit back and watch a set on psychedelics or even sober.

their shows are the most stimulation i've experienced (relatively speaking)

By pure chance i managed to get a ticket to the sydney show.
Can't believe it's a week away, can't wait. March is going to be a hectic month! =D

funny story...

im now going also, after saying how much i couldnt afford it

my mate got 2 tickets off ebay for $80.

they are seated, but good seated tickets.

It makes me smile.

madmick19 said:
anyone else coming to the syd show, mezzedup and me will be there with bells on if not fluro colours ;)

Ahemm.......??? *cough* free tickets *cough* I do believe someone else will be joining you that night.

nice soo it looks like there will be a oldskool bl convention ;)

anyone feel like an early drink at 6pm before it nearby at some dodgy pub??