• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

(Sydney & Melb) chemical brothers We are the night tour March 2008 REVIEWS!!

they changed their show a bit

some of the graphics were all new, some that were previously used for other tracks have been reallocated to different ones (this may have something to do with having one huge hanging screeen (like U2) now rather than 3-5 smaller ones before), they play longer versions of some older classics (which was VERY surprising).

i'm kinda split on the graphics changes. since i've seen them so many times, the cowboys and kicking asses (donkeys) and robots all fit better with their original respective tracks.

the sound.... better than ever. no shit. the wife even liked them, and she hated loud noisy and crowded spaces. everyone in the stadium was standing through the entire two hours.

they play longer versions of some older classics (which was VERY surprising).
I was so grateful for this because this tour was the fist time that I had seen them.

^listen to the live in chile set linked in the future music thread.
90 minutes of adrenalin.

Sydney entertainment centre.... Perfect chemical bros venue!

loved the visuals Farking massive system for such a small space.. (i've seen smaller arrays at outdoor festivals.. the middle was a bit wierd.. I think a computer crashed... so I procounced it was intermission..

so that ends my summer of insanity unitill mexico in july! Cemical bros came a close second to daft in terms of gigs seen this last yr..

Second, really? What did daft punk do that tcb didn't have in spades?

btw: the computer didn't crash. The same blackout occured at futuremusic

this was by far the highlight of my summer... daft punk were amazing, but nothing could of topped this show.

i was sitting right up the back looking straight onto the stage, i couldnt ask to be anywhere else but there.

i hate the entertainment centre... with a passion... and it actually did a great job of hosting these guys.

The sound was pure, the lighting was pure, and just everything was spot fuckin on.

the highlight for me was obviously when they played block rockin' beats, such a fat fuckin tune, and was so large in there also.

that clown scared the living shit out of me...

^^ What the fuck was up with the clown? I almost had a heart attack when i saw it

Loved the butterflies, i thought they were coming out of the ground for real.

Awsome how they opened up with galvanize. Good crowd, good vibe. Fantastic show

i still have vivid recollection of sydney (and melbourne) big day outs 2000, where one of the visuals included faces that burst into fire. :Dw:Dt:Df:D

YOU ARE ALL MY CHILDREN NOW

I thought Believe had awesome visuals. I could hardly stand up straight while flying through that architecture. I think my favorite would be between believe and do it again.

Best night out in 3 years!!!

Massive thanks to my partners in crime M&M. :D