• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam: how does it feel?

^^^ not like you're just gonna get Temaz after complaining about Insomnia 8)
for some things you just have to be smart on how to get them! Ever seen "No country for old men" ;)?
Not that i encourage these things whatsoever! Be nice!

I haven't tried any of the hypnotic benzos, but the others I have.

I take 2 x 5mg of diazepam for my general anxiety. Knowing that, 20-30mg will give me a really good buzz with a little euphoria. Xanax is nice cause it hits fast and hard, but wears off quick (so best to take before sleep). Klonopin is somewhere between, I find it similar to diazepam. Ativan I have never really gotten anything out of.

If you are expecting a high like a good oxy or hydro high, then look elsewhere. If you want to relax and have all your worries melt away, benzos might be your thing. Good with a drink or 2 and a smoke. If you don't like the buzz off a few beers, then benzos might not be your thing either.

yeah... My girl took 30 mgs Valium once and she just said it knocked her the fuck out, she can't understand why everybody is so keen about it.

I guess it's not for everybody. Most benzos i found are a good "tool-drug". Nice to mix or use in connection with other drugs. Hell, no night of ecstasy without a benzo for the comedown.

rave23 said:
^^^ not like you're just gonna get Temaz after complaining about Insomnia 8)
for some things you just have to be smart on how to get them! Ever seen "No country for old men" ;)?
Not that i encourage these things whatsoever! Be nice!

Hoe does he get the pills in that film then
?

no, he blows up a car in front of a pharmacy and uses the confusion to steal/rob the medicine from the pharmacy when everybody is like "wtf is going on". Pretty cool i thought, steals stuff to take a bullet out of his thigh.

Like i said, don't even think about it 8)

alright this is going to make me sound like a complete stoner...which i am. Buuut i think some people (like myself) just naturally have high levels of chi (or natural energy if you will) and when they take a depressant like a benzo they feel high because they start to relax and become more in harmony with everything around them.

But even though i am a benzo feind i still have to say other than that there's really nothing great about benzos. I mean sure they'll help you get laid (not talking about drugging anyone, i'm talking about raising your confidence levels) and they might help you relax but i'd stay away from them

adding myself to the list of people who haven't felt euphoric off benzos. I've felt more euphoric off ambien than I have off any benzo (triazolam, diazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam), although ambien was the first one of those i tried. I've never tried one of the benzos more notorious for being euphoric like temazepam though so that might change.

The way you feel from valium depends allot on whether you have any tolerance to it or not. At first it just made me really tired mainly but after I got used to it I felt very relaxed and care free and could stay awake and function. The scary thing about benzos is you can take them for awhile with no problems but after awhile when you stop taking them you get some really nasty withdrawals that seem to last forever.

-> Basic Drug Discussion

The effects of benzos are too subjective. You can't rely on other people's reports about what it feels like.. the only way you'll be able to tell is to try it. Personally, valium is my favorite benzo. It feels relaxing, a little bit euphoric especially when my tolerance is low, and I find it mildly sedating but less so then a lot of other benzos.

Benzos are something like opiates/opioids, only more delicate in the sense that you need to actually DEVELOP A TASTE for them. This doesn't always happen with 1-2 tries, with one specific benzos but rather 1-4 tries in specific/different situations with different benzos. If you guys and girls remember the first few times you tried opiates/opioids, you probably didn't see what the whole fuss was about, especially if you had HIGH, HIGH expectations or if you took a small dose or a good dose but of a specific opiate/opioid which you might not be that good/recreational to begin with. As well, consider yourself more than luck NOT to find benzos (which have a worse withdrawl than opiates/opioids) recreational. Be glad to use them AS THE DOCTORS RECOMMAND. As well if you don't find opiates/opioids recreational, don't try to find neither opiates/opioids nor benzos recreational (by more and more usage like I stupidly suggested) because these 2 drugs are the most addictive family of drugs on the face of the earth (at least physically speaking). I know from people that crack/cocaine is addictive but no so much physically. The only other drugs I can think of being more addictive than benzos and opiates/opioids are barbiturates (other than phenobarbital which I don't find recreational but a good pharmaceutical) and possible alcohol (the only reason I put alcohol is b/c the ability to cause seizures when withdrawling).

Benzos, barbiturates, GHB, and alcohol are the ONLY drugs that cause potentially deadly effects when withdrawling such as seizures.

triazolam should be as euphoric as temazepam. It certainly has a reputation for causing blackouts with lots of stupid things done.

sonic said:
Personally, valium is my favorite benzo. It feels relaxing, a little bit euphoric especially when my tolerance is low, and I find it mildly sedating but less so then a lot of other benzos.

Speaks for myself too. I almost find it more sedating than Temazepam, but I'd think that's to do with the more pronounced muscle relaxation.

Fuck this - chlordiazepoxide = librium - shit. Diazepam = valium - so-so. Temazepam = sedative properties (10,20, 30 mg).Midazolam = strong (WAIT!! - I am thinking)! Clonazepam = high sedation.

In short - we should get back to broadmead to get together.

Jasoncest would answer this question the best IMO, because he reacts to it very similar to me and describes it much better than i can but i'll give it a shot anyway.

The few times you use it at a 5mg dose you'll feel slightly happier than normal, relaxed, more likely to do things that would normally cause you anxiety, etc.

The few times taking a 10mg dose will be more happier and euphoric but more sedating.

The fiew times taking a 20mg dose would make you feel more euphoric and sedated but very comfortable in your skin and you will have no anxiety and will feel like like is great, which it is! :)

However after taking it 5 or 6 times, just like with most drugs, it's never as good no matter what dose you take (within reason). But it still has great anxiolytic effects for me even after 4 years on benzos (3 years on klonopin, 1 year on ativan (2 months) and valium (10 months). I take 2.5 or 5mg every 2 or 4 hours (depending on dose 2.5 or 5). and i do that 4-5 times a day. It works a lot better than klonopin, librium or ativan ever did. klonopin worked for about 3 days for me then just made things worse no matter what dose 0.25mg to 8mg a day.

To me valium is the classic perfect benzo for daily use for people who suffer from debilitating or sever anxiety. I have GAD, SAD, panic disorder, insomnia, depression, etc. It elevates my mood and tolerance doesn't build that quickly and it always works if taken as directed, i never took more than i was prescribed with the klonopin usually 2-4mg a day and it just didnt do anything, didnt help my insomnia, didnt help during a panic attack (takes 1-2 horus to kick in, if you call a klonopin "effeccT" kicking in, i dont really really any kick. and it didnt help my SAD/GAD at all. and caused me to have mood swings, depression, horribly lowered inhibitions to the point where i started using the needle, etc... valium isnt like that. i didnt think any benzo switch woudl make a difference but it didnt. that's my journal entry story. i love valium and i think its the best overall benzo out there that for medicinal purposes for GAD, SAD, and or PD.

valium + marinol + suboxone + focalin + ambien + EOJ?'s daily coktail, i'm one happy full-time employed worker thanks to valium :)