• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smokable household herbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Incapacitator

Bluelighter
Hi,
I am out of drugs and alk and am just wondering what household items (herbs) can be smoked to achieve a high or at least a feeling of light headedness.
I did a search on here (search keyword was "smokable items"), but it didn't come up with anything, so I am asking this forum for help. What can be smoked?
Thanks,
Neo.
P.S. I will post a experience report if I can get a smokable item in my hands.

just found this.....Taken in high doses, nutmeg can be quite intoxicating, partly because it's similar in chemical makeup to MDMA. Nutmeg causes symptoms such as stupor, drowsiness, delirium and sleep. Many prison inmates have known about it and used it for years, which is why most prisons have banned the use of this spice! About 14 grams (two tablespoons) taken by mouth cause a rather unpleasant, dreamlike "trip". Other symptoms include a rapid heartbeat, dry mouth, and thirst. Agitation, apprehension, and a sense of impending doom may last about 12 hours, with a sense of unreality persisting for several days. Nutmeg contains five to 15 per cent myrista oil, which is responsible for the physical effects. About four per cent is Myristicin, which is structurally similar to mescaline. (Mace, the exterior covering of the Nutmeg seed, also contains the hallucinogenic compound myristicin). Elemicin is another potent psychoactive ingredient in nutmeg. Similar to SSRI antidepressants such as Prozac, Myristicin blocks the release of serotonin from brain neurones. Scientists believe that once the substance enters the body it's converted to methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) -- ecstasy.

and this.....
Whilst waiting to be paid for the month I decided I needed to speed up proceedings and took six days off, then proceeded to purchase eight small, brown, whole nutmegs of unknown origin from my local weigh 'n' save shop (In England).

Having tried a few times to smoke the stuff before, both the whole and pre-ground varieties, all I succeeded in doing was getting a tiny, almost unnoticeable pot like buzz (which could well have been attributed to placebo), and ruining a great bong that had seen some good times with this smelly, earthy shite. Next I bought a very sturdy looking chrome pepper mill, and a cheese grater (do'h!), then went up to my room and tried to grind the nutmeg up. Well it wouldn't fit into the bloody mill, so I wrapped it up in few big carrier bags, went to the shed and crushed the shit up no problem in the vice on my dads old workbench. Then I put the now half powdered stuff in the mill and ground away for about two hours. Nutmeg is really tough and the mill wasn't up to the job, so I did what I could with it then simply pulled apart any remaining chunks with my nails. Next I left it to one side for the night and got really, really drunk, which is another of my vices(sorry), and in hindsight this may well of contributed to the odd effects of the nutmeg that are described later.

The next morning I was up at ten, and ready to go at 10.30. I'd just reiterate all the other reports in saying that this stuff really doesn't go down easily. I don't agree that it's the taste of nutmeg that is to blame for this; it's definitely the sandy, ashy, earthy texture. I took it between 10.45 AM and 12.00(noon) with a lot of water, seriously I'm talking in the region of 3 litres, and with a break between each of 5 teaspoons I ingested. During this time I felt only a little nausea, as the water helps a lot as does smoking the odd straight, if you smoke. However I do have an Iron hard Stomach, and I still wretched once or twice at the moment this stuff hit the back of my throat. I'd recommend letting it sit on your tongue and then downing a lot of water, nutmeg and all. Get chugging the water from a wide brimmed jug or bottle AS SOON as the spoon enters your mouth!

So at 12.00 the real account begins.

12.00 – 14.00 The only discernible effect is a neither pleasant nor unpleasant, really mild pot like buzz, as can be achieved by smoking nutmeg. My feelings of anticipation quickly fade and are replaced by a small initial feeling of disappointment, tempered by consoling thoughts that persuade me to believe the previous accounts stating that this stuff takes a good five hours to kick in.

14.00 – 17.00 Ever conscious of the Internet research I conducted before soiling my soul with this shit, I begin to look for the expected effects, and notice only slightly brighter colours on the ever-white canvas that is the background of a Google Search. Every few minutes my head recoils in fits of blinking, involuntary I might add, which ensue as I struggle to give my pupils some relief from the deluge of light. This coupled with the slightly increased pot like buzz almost convinced me the experiment was worth the effort.

17.00 – 18.00 I grow tired of reading web pages, and decide to pay my mum a visit in the next room. She is playing James Pond 2 Robocod via a Genesis emulator on an old PC I had rigged for her. Interaction with her is at first, a daunting but necessary prospect, but I quickly realise I have a hard to describe bond with her above and beyond what usually exists. I grow immensely self-satisfied at the computer she was enjoying that was a result of my labours, and read into the hidden, or sarcastic, meanings of what she says to me. In short (not a style I’m known for) I felt satisfied with my nutmeg experience, felt it was worthwhile, and begin to anticipate with glee the coming effects.

I now feel hungry and decide that I will go to the Chinese chippy (fish and chip shop) for some curry sauce for my dinner. The local one is closed for refurbishment so I have to venture further afield, to the nearest nice chippy. As I leave the house I notice the daylight immediately, and it rips me from my dull mind frame. As I walk down the oh so familiar streets I feel a strange sensation that there is hidden depth to these streets and I chart my own imagined history, from the times of Neanderthals to the present day, all of this set in my home town, and lasting a minute or two. Unlike the ”trips” I have experienced when really pilled up (on 8 or so E’s) I was always in complete control of the thought process (it was only this, no visual or auditory trips occurred at all) and was able to drift to this state at will, then return to reality when I chose or when I was forced to. In the shop I was calm and relaxed, but on the way back home my mind began to wander again and I analysed in detail my views on life, what is expected of me, how I could improve my lot, and what drugs I will try over the coming weeks. Again, I was always able to exit these bouts of deep thought at will, and able to resume them at the point of exit when I saw fit. I think 'controlled' is the most accurate description, but I did perceive colours and light as brighter than one would normally expect for the entire journey and this effect was most uncontrollable.

18.00 – 03.00 I get really drunk as I always do, and cannot perceive any nutmeg related fun at all.

03.00 – 11.00 I sleep ‘as sound as a pound’ with no problems. No deep thoughts, hallucinations or dreams that I can remember.

11.00 – 17.30 I read the web and about a quarter of Terry Prattchet’s ‘The Fifth Element’ but notice nothing other than a ‘dull in the head’ feeling extremely similar to that experienced after smoking pot in the morning then not smoking any more for the rest of the day, but I still found the day to be more relaxing and fulfilling than I would without the nutmeg.

17.30 – 02.00 I just Drank a lot and went to bed. The nutmeg was dismissed and long forgotten.

Strangely enough my experience account is really dull, and the experience itself was almost dismissible as a non-event, but the day after this was really good fun as the real experience began. I woke up really relaxed yet fully alert. My pupils were dilated (like after an E or two) and I felt an underlying sense that life really wasn’t so bad at all. My muscles were drained and wasted but in a pleasant way (the weird tingles in my legs were incredibly enjoyable), and the slightest little attempt at humour was hilarious to me. This approached upon an MDMA like euphoria, but fell short by quite a margin. When later I got drunk as usual, the nutmeg enhanced a ‘procedure’ I am very familiar with by replacing depression with a sense of well being.

Overall this was an enjoyable but disappointing experience, and it took too long for the spice to reach fruition. One thing I would suggest is that you really do plan ahead, as I did, and take 2-4 days off or take nutmeg in a school/college holiday.

It seems the high was low and the low was high. The after effects are a must in my opinion, but there was no rush, and therefore no real ‘hit’. I’m sure I’ll try it again in a larger dose. However this an unusual, almost weird drug that may disappoint as much as it will exhilarate.
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=21663

Please do not eat nutmeg. I would bet dollars to donuts that you will regret it. Just chill out, find something entertaining to do while sober and get high another time. I know its hard but its better if you can create habits that find entertainment independent of getting high. You sound young, trust me you will want to establish these habits as early as possible in your "drug life".

i heard if you drink bleach it is like being wicked drunk.

JUST KIDDING

look in your mom's medicine cabinet, maybe she has some benzos

Madhatter4 said:
How old are you Neo? Im guessing maybe 12 or 138)

i got five on that....lol

yea dont eat nutmeg, that shit is hands down one of the worst feelings you can experience. its not worth how shitty it makes you feel afterwards, and the "high" isnt even that fun anyways.

cant you go find a bottle of booze or something? steal some beers from your parents?

Madhatter 4, as a matter of fact, I am 14. I have heard a fair shair of tales about bad nutmeg trips, so I won't try it.
Eckofire, my mom doesn't have benzos but other stuff.. I won't list them and ask what works because I think that is against the forum rules.
'medicine cabinet', I would be able to steal a little bottle of herb liquour (48%alc), but it is only about 1 shot..
I do have 2 cigs left though.. Maybe if I smoke them after I drank the shot I could get stoned?

yeah unless you just started smoking cigs i doubt you will get a buzz off of em. sorry kid looks like your outta luck for tonight. go hang out with your friends. maybe they have drugs

You tell us. You are the one that has been smoking for close to a year. I know I must sound like some annoying parent or something but I am telling you try to find something else to do besides catch a buzz you won't regret it.

Ok I just drank the shot and smoked a nice cigg... Results: Nice buzz!
I am thinking of using some inhalants like lighter gas or nail polish remover though..
I'll keep you guys up to date.
Neo

Neo Incapacitator said:
Ok I just drank the shot and smoked a nice cigg... Results: Nice buzz!
I am thinking of using some inhalants like lighter gas or nail polish remover though..
I'll keep you guys up to date.
Neo
dont huff. it will make you feel like shit, and its very bad for you. it can cause permanant brain and organ damage, and people seriously injure themselves under the influence (passing out and hitting their head)

just stick with the booze and cigarettes.

^^dumbass, go get some dxm; hell, theres probably tussin in the house somewhere...

you're a fucking idiot. you cannot huff without experiencing significant brain damage.

IV alcohol is a better idea.

Fuck, you'd do better listing what you have in the medicine cabinet over huffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.