• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

pseudoephedrine abuse( sudafed )

raising_da_piggy

Bluelighter
how safe is the use of sudafed? and how many tablets will i need for a nice stimulating effect? this is pseudoephedrine im on about in these tablets, any more info on this substance would be cool , cheers.

IF your expecting to get any sort of recreational effects, your out of luck. pseudoephedrine will not cause any sort of Euphoria at all. Just a nasty amped out feeling. Shur u can get high from it, just not anything even close to worth it.

How many mgs are the tablets? 100-200mgs should get you stimulated.

^ lol

Well one time I dropped some DXM it had pseudoephedrine in the pills and it created for a very different trip, a speedy ecstasy like feeling with trails and tracers instead of feeling sedated as I usually do on DXM. It was the funnest trip I ever had on the stuff. That's the only way I see you getting recreational effects with that stuff.

Boiling in Acid said:
you can easily turn it into something worthwhile.

sure, but that is out of the option. Legal issues and such nasty things 8)

i wouldn't bother with it and just drink a strong cup of coffee. It has the benefit that you are able to sleep at night ;)

^ What he said. And if it is anything worthwhile it probably won't be "easy".

yeah honestly!

i found if i take pseudo to the extend where i can feel it "stimulating" me i feel so strung out and can't sleep at night. Use it as directed if you have to, but don't abuse it. It's not worth it.

A little over a year ago I walked in on a couple of my friends snorting some white powder, and got all excited and asked if I could join in (figured it was coke or speed).

"No man, this is crushed up Sudafed...gets you all speedy"

8)

I was thoroughly disappointed in them.

Pop about 250mgs of pseudoephedrine then for some very DANGEROUS fun take two cottons of benzedrex and about 200mg caffine. But again very dangerous, bad for the heart kinda dangerous. Like unless your crazy dont take my advice dangerous.

Before responding to the subject, I have a complaint. I love bluelight and have enjoyed reading the information provided herein. Having decided that I would like to contribute my experiences, I signed up for an account. Forty-five minutes later I'm still waiting for authorization to post.

Just to post, mind you, my personal experiences and advice. Pixels on a screen. Nevertheless, I'm in the "moderation queue" for the past hour, now. Going to check again and,

ok, I'm in...

Pseudoephedrine is quite safe in my experience. I've consumed many of those pills and they're fine.

According to - http://www.pcl.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/PS/(+)-pseudoephedrine.html - the median lethal dose (orally) is 660mg/kg.

I'd keep it to 2-4 (30mg) pills per dose, every 4-6 hours. More than that would likely have diminishing returns.

In my experience, pseudoephedrine may precipitate anxiety.

I take pseudo because it gives me a mild tweak. When I'm on it, I take 90mg every 4h or so.

It also helps with my mood; I find it to be as or more effective than paroxetine, bupropion, and citalopram.

I have abused methamphetamine and cocaine in my past; I suspect these past experiences with such stimulants have preconditioned me to the effects of pseudoephedrine. That is, if you haven't done coke or crank, don't expect to feel much off of pseudo. It's a subtle experience for a stimulant-virgin mind.

As I said, it usually just gives me a mild tweak. A "smooth" feeling that I, for the most part, subconsciously enjoy while performing everyday activities. I've found that I need to take some time off between boxes as well, perhaps about a week or so, to let my natural chemicals replenish.

Bottom line, it's not going to fuck you up too bad, you might lose a bit of sleep and feel mildly strung out on occasion, but it clearly won't compare to the feelings of despair and hopelessness that one might experience from more powerful stimulants.

I've found this drug to help keep my appetite in check as well.

Is the OP sure that it is Pseudoephedrine in the medicine he is buying? Phenylephrine has been replacing it in decongestants like cold and flu tablets here in Australia for quite a while now.
There is probably threads regarding this floating around the place.

Klue said:
Is the OP sure that it is Pseudoephedrine in the medicine he is buying? Phenylephrine has been replacing it in decongestants like cold and flu tablets here in Australia for quite a while now.
There is probably threads regarding this floating around the place.

Back in 2003 especially around Taylors Square, Sydney, they were starting to clamp down hard on Sudafed and similar. They always asked for my ID.

Around other parts of the world though, I notice pseudoephedrine is actually quite easily available.

Sudafed makes me sleeepy and zoned out. A nice trip sometimes, actually. Actually I might start another thread here to see if anyone has this opposite effect to pseudoeph?

I've personally never gotten any type of effect of pseudoephedrine on doses up to 240 mg ( about 2 mg/kg ), aside from an awesomely clear nose. I'll prolly expirement a little higher soon, but I honestly don't think pseudo does anything beyond it's label.

entropy90 said:
Pop about 250mgs of pseudoephedrine then for some very DANGEROUS fun take two cottons of benzedrex and about 200mg caffine. But again very dangerous, bad for the heart kinda dangerous. Like unless your crazy dont take my advice dangerous.

dont listen to this guy.

Entropy90 is a lady. And yes while she includes the dangerous disclaimer she also adds the word fun. Regarding benzedrex: I was a 6'4" male weighing 275 Lbs when I tried Benzedrex for recreational use. When I did it I ate 1/2 of the cotton at a time and that did me fine. I ate the other 1/2 another day and fwiw that was all I ever did of that.

^Hey, just checked and Im still a dude. If calling me a lady was an attempt to be sarcastic or something nice try but not really. If it was an honest mistake then cool whatever Im a guy, but just a quick question what would make you think chick?

drunken_etard said:
dont listen to this guy.

Thats exactly what I was telling him to do. I just wanted to provide the info on what IMO is a fun time. I did mention that it was incredibly dangerous and only some one of equal or greater insanity would attempt it.

lol sorry. I could have sworn I saw a picture of you. *recalibrates mental image* Did you seriously eat two of those cottons?

Drink some coffee. If you want to get high, buy some cocaine. Save the pseudoephedrine for when you've got a cold. Seriously.