• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Making opium from dried pods:the right method?

^ha, no. I am not sure what brown powdery material you are talking about unless you mean you crushed the pods after removing the seeds... in that case, its poppy straw.

To get opium, you have to score a living poppy and a white latex substance comes out and you collect and refine that... THAT is opium.

Poppy straw contains the same alkaloids as opium but also a lot of plant material, waxes, tannins and other plant junk.

You could've searched around BL as well as google and sites like wikipedia, erowid, etc. to have your terminology clarified, no need to bring back an old, dead thread that is only tangentially related.

Welcome to bluelight! Check out the Guidelines and Posting Standards at the top of OD to get a better feel for what this particular forum is all about.

so if i make a solution with the calcium hydroxide to make a putty will i end up with a good enough product?

I always use multiple grams of CaC03 when making tea. I believe calcium morphenate is more bioavailable, and is more heat tolerant.