Burning Man Festival 2008 - 8/25-9/1 - Black Rock City, NV

feelgoodhit

Bluelighter
Burning Man 2008

2008 Art Theme: "American Dream"
In 2008, leave narrow and exclusive ideologies at home and carefully consider your immediate experience. What has America achieved that you admire? What has it done or failed to do that fills you with dismay? What is laudatory? What is ludicrous? Put blame aside, let humor thrive, and dare to contemplate a larger question: What can America contribute to the world?

pavilion08_sm.jpg

how many blers are going? :] i just got my ticket in the mail with a lemonhead. ^.^

I wish I could go but I usually blow my load on EDC a couple of months earlier. Even if I could i'd like to go in a RV and don't have one...

worst theme ever. i'm skipping burning man 2008 after attending for the last 8 years. it's really run its course for me. there are still great parties out there if that's your thing though, so have fun!

i've been four times but i have not been for 6 years. i really want to go this year.

alasdair

feelgoodhit said:
yeah? you're not going strictly because of the theme?

no, of course not :) the theme was one of the final nails in the played out coffin though. i don't recommend against going, but i personally am done for now.

i'm in the process of selling my ticket :[ it's not in the cards for me this year, but it's my goal for next...

I wish. I'm pretty sure I'll make it next year, though. I didn't do enough planning this time around and spent all my money going from NC to CA for a trance party (well worth it).

yeah im going....but that is a really shitty theme. oh well, im sure we can come up with something creative. this is gonna be my first year going. anyone here got some tips?

I'd love to go, as this year is the first year in many that I have the time off to do it. However, not a single one of my friends wants to go, as they are unadventurous bastards it seems.

i'm going with my boyfriend and his brother and a friend. we're all meeting in reno and taking an RV to the event. i would like to know any advice on a meetup place for an acquaintance from CA who i want to try to see there? i dont know what to tell her.

well let us know how your camp is gonna look like. are you setting a special theme for it?

Ok... $250 for a 7 day camp fest in the desert is not that expensive.

Burning Man is a lifetime experience.!