Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Putting a real perspective on MDMA vs Alchohol

liquid arcadia

Bluelighter
Putting a real perspective on MDMA vs Alcohol

Everyone of us has experienced a time where we have brought up MDMA to someone uneducated and watched their reaction. The reaction like you just told them you are thinking about putting a gun to your head. We all know how pointless it is to try and justify as well. I say this because this story really won't work for those people. For all you though, check this out.

Now i first must say, i agree driving under the influence of anything IS stupid. but we all make stupid choices and decisions, and i KNOW many of you have driven on pills. So please don't leave those comments. I understand and agree.

Summer of 06, a friend and I drop some good clean MDMA beans. I don't really know where i was going, just enjoying myself driving around. I got onto the highway, from exit 32, headed for exit 33 which is about 3 miles or so. I am in the middle lane doing around 75, a few cars ahead, and a few behind.

In the blink of an eye i see and hear a car rip past me in the fast lane. this car was going so fast that even though on first instinct i knew the car was a purple scion tc, i really had to ask myself. this car had to be doing at least 140mph. he was already two bus lengths ahead within a second. at that point is where i asked myself was that a scion? ahead he continued at the same rate of speed approaching a few cars ahead. I quickly thought to myself, wow this dudes going to crash. sure enough this old van in the fast lane see's him coming, decides to blinker to the middle lane at the same time he attempts to merge and pass, both cars quickly pull back to the right lane and for at least 10 seconds me and 5-10 other cars watch in horror as the scion spins and spins and spins covering almost 1/4 mile of highway. somehow the highway seemed to play pong with the car, shooting him all the way to the slow lane, and then back to the fast, and so fourth. eventually he spun all the way into the median where he stopped facing the other direction.

it was a very eerie feeling as many of you know to watch this happen. time slowed down, and you could hear the tires and the screaming of the passengers (his windows were down).

i immediately pulled to the side of the road, where the van they hit was now in the slow lane moving at at least 5 mph while the passenger was tying to get out lol. it was a van full of Rastafarian people. i asked if they were ok and the lady said nooo. meanwhile my friend is shouting NO, NO, NO GOOO, please get of here man, please this isn't good we shouldn't stop man. I laughed and said dude, we just found something to do, don't freak out, i am not the one that just crashed my car doing 140 mph and almost killed a lot of people.

i called the police, told them the mile marker, got out and started talking to the guy who was behind me who also pulled over in complete awe of what we just saw. the driver is INCREDIBLY lucky he did not flip. he had 4 passengers, including an underage girl.

my friend, still bugging the fuck out, keeps telling me ok man we called the cops lets go, as i stepped out of the car LOL. I walked straight up the cop, pupils the size of a full moon and said, "officer i just want to tell you that that guy was FLYING"

it took almost 10 minutes to get the rasta's in the van to understand we were telling them to pull onto the side of the highway. the whole back of the van was split into a v, being an old van i cant imagine the impact of that car since i assume after laying on the brakes he had to still be doing at least 100 on impact, while also cutting the wheel causing him to spin. im sure if it was head on he would have killed everyone because that van was packed to the max.

eventually the cop comes up, takes my info and tells me i am good to go. My friend finally calms the fuck down and we start talking about what the fuck we just saw. especially being on MDMA. man I've never felt such a deep feeling of despair as i watched 4 people's life's possibly about to come to an end.

about a week later the cop called me and came and met me at my job. very friendly state trooper. as i walked up to his cruiser he's like "whats up dude" lol. he took my statement and i asked what happened. he said the guy was 25, drunk and had 3 other people with him one an underage girl. he listed the incredible amount of charges on this dude and went over my statement with me and we parted ways.

again, i am not justifying driving on e, but seriously...tell me again why mdma is so frowned upon while everyone decides its ok to get smashed and still drive. many don't drive, but we all know once we're drunk you whole outlook on getting in a car drunk is no big deal. I don't remember the last time I did 140 balls out with 3 people in my car while on ecstasy.

its hard to justify because i was too on a drug, but like i said to my friend, I am not the one who just crashed my car doing 140 and almost killed people. hell it could have been me he hit. it was less then 1/4 mile between me and where he lost control.

talk about irony

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. :)

Alcohol is ingrained into our culture. It has a long history of abuse in humans dating back millennia. It's socially acceptable in our society, not to mention people can appreciate it for the taste (not straight alcohol of course, just the tasty medium that we drink it in) as well as the effects.

Since MDMA really only became prominent in the mid '80s (having slowly developed since the '70s) during the Reagan administration and the peak of drug paranoia, the drug was destined for Schedule 1. Sure, more people may get killed by alcohol, and more people are proven to suffer far worse deleterious effects from alcohol in the long run, but it seems that the official drug of the human race is indeed alcohol, and it ain't going anywhere. You'd think we would have learned something from alcohol prohibition in the '30s, and applied that to the entire spectrum of illegal drugs.

i know what ur sayin. when i'm drunk i KNOW i cant operate a fucking vehicle. and people are against driving while rolling for a good reason, because u arent in ur normal state of mind, but every time i have ever driven while i was rolling and there were sober people following me that have never rolled before, its always funny becuase when we get to our destination they get out and are like "dude ur fucked up and u drive better than anyone i've ever seen sober drive" i dunno.. like when i'm rolling all my senses are increased and its like i can pay attention to everything so much better

My main problems with it are:

- People on MDMA very frequently have zero attention span
- Eye wiggles (dose/person dependent i guess)
- Mild hallucinations that can distract one... streaking of lights, halos, shiny things
- Tablets have ... who knows what in them (possibly hallucinogens), and lots dont test pills or have good drug sources
- Your reaction times are probably going to be messed up
- If something happens it will help to further demonize MDMA

I'm not saying i think driving drunk is ok. I would attempt to forcibly restrain someone if i felt it necessary, if they tried, and probably get myself beaten down in the process. Or involve the law, though i'm loathe to do that under almost any circumstance.

and no, i dont drive around really stoned or anything either. i have in the past. i don't now. I think that if we ever want ANY of these things to be legal, we must be responsible adults and use them in a safe manner. That includes not driving while under the influence.

I don't even like driving the next day after using MDMA though honestly, I'm so fried.

I dunno whether you can blame driving like that on the alcohol. You don't drive at 140 just because you've had a drink, it's more to do with being a crap driver.

I hear what your saying, about thinking driving drunk isn't too dangerous when you are drunk. I also agree that I don't get that same feeling of safety about operating a motor vehicle when under the influence of MDMA.

Setting aside the arguments on what substance is safest to use when operating a motor vehicle... it's important to remember that it's never safe to operate a motor vehicle while impaired (on any intoxicant - licit or illicit).

fizzacyst brought up some good points about why one shouldn't drive while under the influence of MDMA. Tracers will definitely be distracting... and the eye wiggles can be downright dangerous.

I think a better comparison is ketamine to alcohol, with ketamine winning out, in my humble experience....

specialr

An aspirin is a drug too...if I take one pill I shouldnt get behind the wheel? The fact that MDMA is illegal has nothing to do with a persons ability to drive safely. People are going to do what they want to do and it all comes down to personal choice. Its obviously safer to drive sober...thats a no brainer but everyone reacts to drugs differently...some people cant do shit while under the influence and others can. Some people are shitty drivers even when they are sober and I see it when I get cut off all the time by the asshole on his cellphone...should he be arrested too?...sometimes I think the government are chasing the wrong people but who am I to say.

^Yea, but Aspirin isn't an intoxicant. MDMA, alcohol, cannabis, etc. ARE intoxicants. You should NEVER drive while intoxicated.

serotoninstorm said:
^Yea, but Aspirin isn't an intoxicant. MDMA, alcohol, cannabis, etc. ARE intoxicants. You should NEVER drive while intoxicated.

Your right...but aside from an aspirin there are many prescription drugs people take that state right on the bottle itself to not operate any machinery while under the influence. I totally agree with driving sober...no excuse for putting other people lives at risk just because you want to make a stupid decision but at the same time I think its hypcritical for the government to legalize alcohol and not MDMA even though more people die from alcohol related incidents compared to MDMA. I really think people should be given the choice when it comes to drug use...we all know its a risk everytime we use but thats a personal choice.

Very true. This ridiculous prohibition will come to an end one day (and I sincerely believe I'll still be around to see it).

I'm sure that this has been posted somewhere, and there are various articles talking about this study, but here's a link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/mar/04/drugsandalcohol.smoking

Basically it rates drugs based on physical harm, addictiveness, and social impact. Notice MDMA at 18. It looks like this:

Drugs assessed in order of danger

1 Heroin
2 Cocaine
3 Barbiturates
4 Street methadone
5 Alcohol
6 Ketamine
7 Benzodiazepine
8 Amphetamines
9 Tobacco
10 Buprenorphine
11 Cannabis
12 Solvents
13 4-MTA
14 LSD
15 Methylphenidate
16 Anabolic steroids
17 GHB
18 Ecstasy
19 Alkyl nitrates
20 Khat

Cannabis is more dangerous than solvents? LSD is more dangerous than MDMA? Whoever made that list is a genius. Yes... I'm being sarcastic.

Apparently the study was done in the UK by Professor David Nutt, from the University of Bristol, and Professor Colin Blakemore, chief executive of the Medical Research Council. Of course -I've- never heard of them prior to this, but I'm not exactly in the medical field :p

Is it accurate? I don't know, but I find it interesting.

Here's another article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6474053.stm#drugs

And an article with some criticism of the study: http://www.progress.org/2007/drug10.htm

Last edited:
Speaking of driving while rolling, Friday night me and my friends dropped a few and went out driving on the peak. My friend who is 16, was driving his rsx-s 6pd, incredibly fast and incredibly well. Going on average 120mph on highways and even neighborhoods, we were all buckled up and it was a very nice ride. I think the pills made him more concentrated. And i know for a fact these rolls had MDMA in them.

bryooo said:
My friend who is 16, was driving his rsx-s 6pd, incredibly fast and incredibly well. Going on average 120mph on highways and even neighborhoods.

Is this a computer game you're talking about or are you seriously saying you drove at 120mph round neighbourhoods while high on E?

Regardless of how well you think your mate can drive what happens if someone walks into the road by mistake or an old lady pulls her car out in front of him?

Last edited:
A quick question about DUI and LSD... since LSD is expelled/processed totally from the body in just a matter of hours, would it be possible to be convicted of DUI while driving under the influence of it?

wakinglyfe said:
A quick question about DUI and LSD... since LSD is expelled/processed totally from the body in just a matter of hours, would it be possible to be convicted of DUI while driving under the influence of it?

They wouldn't need to test you for the drug, they'd just check the size of your pupils against a chart they carry, make you stand on one leg and touch your nose, walk backwards heel to toe etc. If you failed that you'd be prosecuted for DUI while under the influence of drugs.

Mmm fair enough, but assume that the drug was almost about to wear off (you're still high enough that the officer can sense in his gut that you're high, but really has little physical evidence).

If his only option was to take you in for a blood test that means you couldn't get convicted or even charged, correct?

Ismene said:
Is this a computer game you're talking about or are you seriously saying you drove at 120mph round neighbourhoods while high on E?

Regardless of how well you think your mate can drive what happens if someone walks into the road by mistake or an old lady pulls her car out in front of him?
No computer game whatsoever. All true, he was going 120 on the highway, and 100 tops in the neighborhood. It was about 5 in the morning and a few cars on the highway and none in the neighborhood. A car pulling out was unlikely but it still could happen, and we didnt see a soul in the neighborhood but it still could have happened as well.