• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Putting a real perspective on MDMA vs Alchohol

wakinglyfe said:
Mmm fair enough, but assume that the drug was almost about to wear off (you're still high enough that the officer can sense in his gut that you're high, but really has little physical evidence).

If his only option was to take you in for a blood test that means you couldn't get convicted or even charged, correct?

Well, his first option is always the field impairment test, it's difficult for a sober person to pass so if you are affected by drugs in any way you will probably fail it. This is in the UK btw, I believe blood tests are more common in the US.

A pupil dilation test. Designed to test for presence of drugs.
Counting out 30 seconds. Drug users either under-read or over-read time.
Walking in a straight line nine paces forward and then back. This classic test checks co-ordination and balance.
Raising a foot in the air six to eight inches off the ground. Designed to test balance.
Touching finger to nose with eyes closed. This tests co-ordination.

If you fail the field impairment test they call a doctor and he will assess you. They may or may not bother with a blood test.

bryooo said:
No computer game whatsoever. All true, he was going 120 on the highway, and 100 tops in the neighborhood. It was about 5 in the morning and a few cars on the highway and none in the neighborhood. A car pulling out was unlikely but it still could happen, and we didnt see a soul in the neighborhood but it still could have happened as well.

That's taking a pretty big risk with other peoples lives.

liquid arcadia said:
again, i am not justifying driving on e, but seriously...tell me again why mdma is so frowned upon while everyone decides its ok to get smashed and still drive. many don't drive, but we all know once we're drunk you whole outlook on getting in a car drunk is no big deal. I don't remember the last time I did 140 balls out with 3 people in my car while on ecstasy.

its hard to justify because i was too on a drug, but like i said to my friend, I am not the one who just crashed my car doing 140 and almost killed people. hell it could have been me he hit. it was less then 1/4 mile between me and where he lost control.

talk about irony

Im sorry but the entire post reads to me of you attempting to justify that you were driving under the influence of mdma.

There is NO excuse for driving under the influence of any drug that may impair your ability to drive.

It may be my best friend you kill..............maybe not this time, but next time or the time after that.

It doesnt matter................its wrong.

And the concept that someone can even slightly consider that it might be OK is just disgraceful.

You are in charge of a dangerous weapon when you are driving a car.

Life is precious and death cannot be undone.

wakinglyfe said:
since LSD is expelled/processed totally from the body in just a matter of hours
thats what they said in the sixtys. iirc with better methods of analysis nowadays they have found the levels of LSD to coincide with the effects.

@bryooo
your friend is an idiot.

How would I be putting anyone else at risk by personally consuming a small amount of 'drugs'?

I'm disturbed by all this talk of vehicular abuse. Driving over 40mph in a residential zone at any time is extremely dangerous and irresponsible let alone under the influence of any intoxicating or hallucinogenic drug.

Does anyone here realize the instability of most street legal cars at 120mph?! FYI: I am going to a tech school for autobody and collision after a few years of working with classic cars. I know a great deal about cars and sadly, the results of impacts at different speeds. At speeds greater than 80mph, all those modern safety technologies become null and void. Forget side impact beams, crumple zones, side air bags, front air bags, abs/anti-lock brakes, etc. Your car will literally disintegrate and you WILL die!

I've sold SVT (Cobras, Lightnings, etc) for Ford, owned plenty of fast cars and I've wrenched them long enough to appreciate fast cars but there's plenty of tracks and it may be exhilarating but I've seen a small car get sandwiched between two semis so do everyone a favor and quit the debating. Driving a car is hard enough. Do it sober please.

Malium said:
I'm sure that this has been posted somewhere, and there are various articles talking about this study, but here's a link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/mar/04/drugsandalcohol.smoking

Basically it rates drugs based on physical harm, addictiveness, and social impact. Notice MDMA at 18. It looks like this:

Drugs assessed in order of danger

1 Heroin
2 Cocaine
3 Barbiturates
4 Street methadone
5 Alcohol
6 Ketamine
7 Benzodiazepine
8 Amphetamines
9 Tobacco
10 Buprenorphine
11 Cannabis
12 Solvents
13 4-MTA
14 LSD
15 Methylphenidate
16 Anabolic steroids
17 GHB
18 Ecstasy
19 Alkyl nitrates
20 Khat

This list is bullshit. I do think MDMA is less harmful than most of the drugs up there though.

serotoninstorm said:
How would I be putting anyone else at risk by personally consuming a small amount of 'drugs'?
I think you misunderstood me, i was meaning to say drug use in general can be harmful to others.

I'm more horiffied by the 16 year old driving 100 in residential areas. Are you talking miles or kilometers per hour? I'm no saint beleive me, I've driven my car a little to high once or twice, I knew i was takeing a chance and I was VERY careful. Definetly wouldn't go that fast and I have been driveing cars for years!

If you only knew how many young people die because of this. I don't care how good a driver your friend is. things can happen in an instant that can end all your lives when your driving like maniacs.

I hope you guys never smash into me or anyone I know.

If you must drive fast, do it sober and away from homes/schools/society/me

bryooo said:
I think you misunderstood me, i was meaning to say drug use in general can be harmful to others.
I think that has more to do with money (and black market economics cause by prohibition) than the drugs themselves.

serotoninstorm said:
I think that has more to do with money (and black market economics cause by prohibition) than the drugs themselves.
First of all, I was just saying that my friend handled his car pretty well for those speeds and for being under the influence, I never said it wasn't dangerous, or anything of that sort. And second, harder drugs like meth or heroin have been known to conduct violent behavior towards others, I've seen my fair share of violence that normally would not have happened with the absence of alcohol.

this is so true. I remember those commercials while in highschool about "holes in your brains from just one tab" and "my daughter died from one tab" and then to EDUCATE myself and find out the government lied in those ads and used false evidence and testing was amazing. This is not what goes in the news media though, they sweep it under the rug. Alcohol is horrible, my uncle died at 44, my dad is going through liver failure all bc of alcohol. Why is it legal when it does so much horrible things to our society. My best friend almost died after driving drunk during a roll over. When I drove on E i drove 5 mph under the speed limit bc I did not want the music in my car to end!!!! I was fully aware of my surroundings and everything. It is amazing to me, and yes I know the shock when you try to explain the "education on MDMA" lol.

honestly, driving stoned is harder in my opinion. when i am BLAZEED i find myself feeling like my car is gonna break on me, and driving can be a little difficult. not that i cannot do it safely, but any amphetamine is going to increase your ability to focus, that is unless the dose is altered, mda, or strong as fucking hell (in which i would rather lay on a bed w music or be a passenger since driving kills your roll)

bryooo said:
Speaking of driving while rolling, Friday night me and my friends dropped a few and went out driving on the peak. My friend who is 16, was driving his rsx-s 6pd, incredibly fast and incredibly well. Going on average 120mph on highways and even neighborhoods, we were all buckled up and it was a very nice ride. I think the pills made him more concentrated. And i know for a fact these rolls had MDMA in them.

heh pretty dumb man, my whole point was mdma does not give you that high alchohol does that makes you feel invisible and appear straight up stupid from a sober persons perspective. not that mdma doesnt do this also, but add the two together? i cannnnot stand drunk people when on mdma.

btw my car was off the road that night being repaired, funny u say that, this is the car i normaly drive :) swapped with a tsx motor

img5380as7ye0.jpg

fuck driving that fast man its justplain stupid evenxz if ur sober.

my whole point was this drunken fool decided to show off his car to 3 people including an underage girl. possible, yes. possible with traffic, obviously not. thats the difference between me being high and realizing not to fly up on traffic that fast and him being wasted mashing the pedal and reacting probably 5 seconds too late

bryooo said:
No computer game whatsoever. All true, he was going 120 on the highway, and 100 tops in the neighborhood. It was about 5 in the morning and a few cars on the highway and none in the neighborhood. A car pulling out was unlikely but it still could happen, and we didnt see a soul in the neighborhood but it still could have happened as well.

fuckin makes me even more angry right here. first off 16, second off dont justify urself for shit, thats xzjust stupid and you will learn. tell your friend he is a moron and when he totals that car and kills himself i hope you think back to this story.

i sure will since my insurance will climb because dumb ass kids driving around a car that really shouldnt be introduced into someones life until they are at least 19. tired of everyone smashin up rsx's and everyne else having to suffer on their insurance bills. it costs more to insure an rsx than an s2000 or evo. and its because of people like your friend. but 16 years old, it dont matter im talkxzin to a brick wall who knows everything anyways.

im 22 btw

MazDan said:
Im sorry but the entire post reads to me of you attempting to justify that you were driving under the influence of mdma.

There is NO excuse for driving under the influence of any drug that may impair your ability to drive.

It may be my best friend you kill..............maybe not this time, but next time or the time after that.

It doesnt matter................its wrong.

And the concept that someone can even slightly consider that it might be OK is just disgraceful.

You are in charge of a dangerous weapon when you are driving a car.

Life is precious and death cannot be undone.

and you are right, thats why i really meant its hard to justify, but i only use the story when people try to tell me that e is worse than alch and what canxz become of it. my whole point was i wasnt the moron doing 140 because i was 1/2 concious. i was getting from point a to b, driving safley, putting my roll on hold.

you all know what its like when ur driving on e, it sucks, you cannot focus on ur roll, you cant, you have to pay attention to the fact that you are driving. all u feel is happy and busy, mdma for me is fun because i can close my eyes and forget where i am, you cant do that in a car unless you are parked. esp if ur blowin up who wants to be behind the wheel of a car wasting their precious amazing body high and mind state.

Last edited:
BadStart said:
I'm more horiffied by the 16 year old driving 100 in residential areas. Are you talking miles or kilometers per hour? I'm no saint beleive me, I've driven my car a little to high once or twice, I knew i was takeing a chance and I was VERY careful. Definetly wouldn't go that fast and I have been driveing cars for years!

If you only knew how many young people die because of this. I don't care how good a driver your friend is. things can happen in an instant that can end all your lives when your driving like maniacs.

I hope you guys never smash into me or anyone I know.

If you must drive fast, do it sober and away from homes/schools/society/me

within one months time in 2 seperate towns a total of 7 kids 3 in on car, 4 in the other, died because of driving fast.

both were sober, both were in WRX's. one was an STI with a lot of mods, that car was comepletly gone, totaled, you couldnt tell anythingxz froxzm anything.

driving is dangerous in general, and both these driverxzs were under 18. its sad.