• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

just experienced the 2nd or 3rd cotton fever of my drug-using life

unsui said:
how long does it take for bacteria to form on cotton, or just on a spoon with heroin sitting on it out in the open?

As was said, many variables to this. Ive had damp cottons sit around for up to 4 or 5 hours and not get cotton fever when using it to filter another shot. Then again, Ive gotten cotton fever when using fresh cottons, so take it for what its worth.

does re-filtering over and over help remove any of the risks?

No, unless you are using a micron filter that can filter out bacteria. Regular q-tip or cigarette cotton will not filter out bacteria.

do you get cotton fever just automatically from shooting any cotton, hair, speck of dust, etc. into your vein (on accident)?

"Cotton fever" is a bit of a misnomer. You can get cotton fever without even using cotton to filter your shot - or in other words, just by shooting a unfiltered shot. You can also get it when using fresh, sterile cotton. Its not always caused by cotton. Its caused by any bacteria or certain particulate matter getting into your vein. "Cotton fever" is your bodies defense system against these "intruders."

I shot mud puddle and 2 dubs and I was Kool and I got fukked up by a little piece of cotton off a qtip outta ciggs not trying to use rachet filters from the ash tray and the crazy part is fresh out of the package and I saw it and I couldn't get it out and damn sure wasn't gonna loose no dope ha that fr fucked me up shiver cold fever and itchy ASF thought it was from the pet odor carpet powder lol I licked it nope only her-0n lol just dope *"hey listen, don't get a cotton fiber in your rig , *WORTH REMOVING! Stay elevated and remember to breathe hydrate and don't go too ham mixing benzo and oppiees you will prolly die ride it out remember to anticipate the lag in the rate of absorbtion -....+shaman out