• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Best, fastest way to heal track marks!!

absent minded

Bluelighter
I need to figure out the best and fastest possible way to heal and make track marks go away. i am a regular injector of heroin and i need to have my arms good and clean for show in a week and a half. i have some pretty bad red spots and if you look at my arms it is very obvious that im a IV drug user. i want to make this go away the best I can before i have to go to a family reunion that I just heard about in a week and a half. i know that i can just wear a long sleeve T shirt but i want to be as safe as possible and if it gets hot inside or something and i have to take off my sweatshirt i dont want it to be painfully obvious that i have been doing lots of drugs. i was using that Vitamin A&D ointment that people use for diaper rash and minor cuts and burns, and i just switched to using neusporin. nothing is working fast enough. i was also thinking that if i put on some kind of bandage and put the neosporin on top of that i would be able to have it be healing all day compared to me just applying the cream whenever i get a chance and it getting wiped off by my shirt a couple minutes later. thanks guys! also if you have any good tricks.. makeup.. i dont know. 8(

Only suggestion I can give you is liberal application of neosporin.

maybe some of that stretch mark cream.

vitamin e and mederma can help, but really tracks are something you kinda have to accept as an iv drug user.

you can get some cute armwarmers/gauntlets though, and cover them up in style :p.

jykkE said:
Use some coverup makeup. It works.

this is what i would do if i was in your situation as well as the neosporin... i dont shoot but ive heard tracks should only take a week at most to clear up unless you use the same hole over and over. i would also find a less apparent place to shoot from now on just to be safe

what kind/brand? if i went to the drug store to buy some makeup i wouldnt even know where to start. one time i went to the drug store down the street to try an d get something to conceal my tracks and the lady gave me a "concealer twin" thing i dont even know what it is, but it looks like shit and it rubs off after like 2 minutes because most of my marks are on the crook of my arms

not sure how much help it is at this point but try and get the BD Ultra Sharp III 30g, it will clog up if you aren't careful but as long as you switch sites you just bruise up a bit but have no red marks. Aloe and Vitamin E should help you heal quicker.

DemonXstreeM said:
not sure how much help it is at this point but try and get the BD Ultra Sharp III 30g, it will clog up if you aren't careful but as long as you switch sites you just bruise up a bit but have no red marks. Aloe and Vitamin E should help you heal quicker.

i was gonna suggest some aloe vera plant or vitamin e cream as well. you shouldnt be bruising up if you're injecting correctly. my bruises have only ever arisen from missing partial shots, going through the vein and hitting muscle and pressure on the point of injection.

nothings gonna make them go away super quick. i had a good inch long track mark at one stage and it took a while for it to subside. it was kind of awkward being around my boss at the time, as well as wearing long sleeve shirts in an australian summer.

im not talking about bruises, im talking about the tiny round red entrance marks i get,

just as a note: I'm not talking about dark or major busing, I am talking about slightly gray skin around the injection site that can appear about a day or two after the injection.

DemonXstreeM said:
just as a note: I'm not talking about dark or major busing, I am talking about slightly gray skin around the injection site that can appear about a day or two after the injection.

ive never had this occur:\

O well, I dunno..... I never have a problem with red entry marks but do have some slight busing now and again.

Any who... not trying to hijack this thread... just try the aloe and E...

you might want to try some liquid foundation and powder. i dunno what would stick to the antecubital skin though, i've never bothered trying to put foundation on my arms. kind of a pointless task when they're covered in scars from cuts anyways. like i said, armwarmers are my friends ~_~. also you can try taking some NSAIDS to cut down on the short-term inflammatory reaction.

Hmm I'd say don't use for the week and a half, but I know how it goes if you have shit, your gonna do it..

I've never really had to hide tracks except for a job interview, then I kept my hoodie on for it.. I'd say find enougth long sleeve t-shirts or button-up dealies that are comfortable in warm temps or whatever.

i'm not going to use in my arms for the next week and a half but i feel like its not going to be enough time for me to heal up

Find a friendly lady who IVs. The women know all the answers... I bet Drugwench knows the score...

spunkitteh said:
vitamin e and mederma can help, but really tracks are something you kinda have to accept as an iv drug user.

you can get some cute armwarmers/gauntlets though, and cover them up in style :p.

thats right what i was going to say. mederma works pretty well to heal them up. and if you are worried about ppl seeing them, concealer works pretty well for it. i learned that one from this girl i used to get high with.

i thought my tracks would be gone by now but i can still see them. it sucks, i pretty much still wear long sleeves even when its warm out.