• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

MMA - 3-MeO-4-Me-Amphetamine

I think the 3-methoxy group removes or at least alleviates the neurotoxic properties... Would be interesting to know if 3-methoxy-4-chloroamphetamine would be neurotoxic or not?

I'm really not sure this is true. The paper which I believe is being called to attention here is "Non-neurotoxic Amphetamine Derivatives Release Serotonin through Serotonin Transporters", which states

Nichols et al. (9) have synthesized analogs of MMDA
that are not neurotoxic. MMAI and MMA both resemble
MDMA in drug-discrimination trials (9) but do not by them-
selves destroy serotonergic terminals.

Yet in the paper referenced [(9)], there is no such mention of 3-Methoxy-4-methylamphetamine, not only as a non-neurotoxin but at all.

^ From the paper: Synthesis and pharmacological examination of 1-(3-methoxy-4-methylphenyl)-2-aminopropane and 5-methoxy-6-methyl-2-aminoindan: similarities to 3,4-(methylenedioxy)methamphetamine (MDMA). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1674539

The racemate and the enantiomers of 1-(3-methoxy-4-methyphenyl)-2- aminopropane (6) and racemic 5-methoxy-6-methyl-2-aminoindan (11) were tested for stimulus generalization in the two-lever drug-discrimination paradigm. Both 6 and 11 were found to substitute with high potency in 3,4-(methylenedioxy)methamphetamine (1) and (S)-1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-(methylamino)butane (2) trained rats. ...

The results indicate that compounds 6 and 11 have animal behavioral pharmacology similar to the methylenedioxy compounds 1 and 2, but that they do not induce the serotonin neurotoxicity that has been observed for the latter two drugs.

Ah, the reference is just misplaced then. Thanks. 9 in the paper is "Nonneurotoxic Tetralin and Indan Analogues of 3,4-(Methylenedioxy)amphetamine (MDA)", not the above mentioned article.

I did a 25 mg test Saturday.
I chose to dose slightly lower than last time, because I had to interact with people who do not appreciate drug use.
Effects were slightly less as expected, but othervise identical to the 30 mg test.
I noticed that around 2 hours into the experience, my eyes where very very bloodshot. The white part of my eyes where completely pink. I only lasted an hour or two then it subsided.

I'd imagine that synthesis of this compound from eugenol would be pretty easy. Who wants to start placing bets on how long it takes this one to "hit the streets" so to speak?

I would imagine that the synthesis from eugenol would be very similar to the synthesis of MDA from safrole. I won't say anything more than that, but it seems like a decent route.

Also, I didn't mean the physical streets, I meant the RC market (which is why I put "hit the streets" in quotes).

So is there any depth to this compound or is it just a stimulant?
What do you mean my depth?
My impression of this substance is that its not a mere stimulant as say amphetamine. I have still only done a few lowish doses of 25 and 30 mg, but I find that besides its stimulating effects its also entactogenic and slightly psychedelic.

by "depth" i would say greater insights about oneself and the world around you, grasp deeper meaning, mind expansion, ect

I am sad to inform you that "Dextrose", who I think was one of the persons in the world with most experience with MMA passed away last weekend from a heroin overdose...

I never met him IRL, but he came off as a kind, intelligent and very knowledgeable person.

RIP Kasper

MMA trip report

dosage: 45mg
duration: 12h

After 45min I feel first action of this material.

1 hour:
I observe little visual effects like small dose of PEA.
I feel very anxiety and uncertainty. I have teeth problems.
"Why? What do I do? What happen?" - I'm asking myself.
It's very hard experience for me.

3 hour:
I use 2g GHB that to take control.
It has very positive action.
I feel stable and dense power flow. It's like MDMA introspection to inner space.
I'm swimming in euphoria and saying "mjau" like little cat.
It proceeds very long time.
But I haven't MDMA-like stimulation and empathy. I don't want to speek.

6 hour:
I have some minor 2c-like visuals.
I feel pleasure and calmness. I'm very glad.
It isn't same MDMA. MDMA is like House of Cards - it's very beautiful,
but doomed to be broken.
MMA trip during and during a long time.
Action of this material so hard, but very stable.

10 hour:
I have pleasant afterglow.

It was very bright and individual experience.
I haven't problems with my body, I feel very good.
I will do it again, I think =).

That sounds nice enough, but I can't help but think that the N-methyl homologue would be better. Also, based on what I've read about the positive psychedelic effects of 3-halo-4-meo-amp from the hive, I can't help but wonder curiously about the possible effects of 3-me-4-meo-amp and its N-methyl homo.

Did you experience color brightening?

dosage: 45mg
duration: 12h

After 45min I feel first action of this material.

1 hour:
I observe little visual effects like small dose of PEA.
I feel very anxiety and uncertainty. I have teeth problems.
"Why? What do I do? What happen?" - I'm asking myself.
It's very hard experience for me.

3 hour:
I use 2g GHB that to take control.
It has very positive action.
I feel stable and dense power flow. It's like MDMA introspection to inner space.
I'm swimming in euphoria and saying "mjau" like little cat.
It proceeds very long time.
But I haven't MDMA-like stimulation and empathy. I don't want to speek.

6 hour:
I have some minor 2c-like visuals.
I feel pleasure and calmness. I'm very glad.
It isn't same MDMA. MDMA is like House of Cards - it's very beautiful,
but doomed to be broken.
MMA trip during and during a long time.
Action of this material so hard, but very stable.

10 hour:
I have pleasant afterglow.

It was very bright and individual experience.
I haven't problems with my body, I feel very good.
I will do it again, I think =).

Nice report. Was there any depression the following day or two?

25mg MMA

took about 1 1/2 hr to develop. .....feels similar to 2c-c, tremors, mild euphoria somewhat lethargic. took 1g G to alleviate the tremor and much more euphoria noted, much smoother now. time dilation similar to THC. brighter colors, sound enchancement, imagery when eyes closed. good for meditation and fully controllable not pushy. arrived at +3 about 5 hours in. no urge to converse or roam outside. good body feeling, inner peace, similar to mdma, but the love/empathy aspect is missing. still going strong at the 6hr point. will add more later...

additional notes:
the afterglow seemed even better than the early to middle stages of the experience because there was more motivation for activity. there was no impotence.
the following day significant energy depletion was noted. not sure i would go much farther than 25mg the next time but would consider adding a light dose of 2c-x to boost the psychedelic effects.

Last edited: