• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

make Hydrocodone Compound SR into IR

jdizzle said:
Hey popcorn, are you saying that you can defeat the time matrix of (non-gel) fent patches with the same lemon juice method?
They only patches that I know work with the lemon juice are the sandoz brand (the gel ones) I hate the mylan ones

*All posts made by myself are 100% completely False*

Anyone know if mixing the hydrocodone lemon juice with the sugar from the lemonaide mess up the acid breaking down the hydro?

Just smoke the sandoz fent patches on foil with a bic pen tube. It only takes a few puffs and your completely opiated. 8o Just try it. Make sure you don't burn it....VAPORIZE. It will come off with almost no heat damage to the fent....WOOO WOOO =D

XenoxyHcL said:
Just smoke the sandoz fent patches on foil with a bic pen tube. It only takes a few puffs and your completely opiated. 8o Just try it. Make sure you don't burn it....VAPORIZE. It will come off with almost no heat damage to the fent....WOOO WOOO =D

Of course. But the guy was asking about the non-gel patches (mylan).

Oh- it's worth noting that these hydrocodone compounds aren't SR because of a physical thing.

They're all hydrocodone polistirex. You'll have to convert it to a different salt (is polistirex considered a salt?) for it to be IR.

It would need to be acidic to break down. Mixing it with with a salt would be the opposite of what I need.

i was just about to post that a capsule could not be SR unless it was like kadian with beads or used the same technology found in TUSSIONEX(the polistrex). what u described points towards the latter....

the above poster Ham-milton clarified that.

very interesting though.

I know of pink capsules that come in a bubble pack that are ER 20mg HCD and 200mg apap, when you open the capsule the powder gels whenever it comes in contact with liquid. I just tried the original posters method with oj and it definitely did stop it from gelling up, but does that mean time release is beat? just because it didnt gel up? I only have 2 of these now, and wont be getting any more for awhile so does this work or is it better to just let it sit in oj or lemon juice for 12 hours or how ever long and do it that way? I think it may be working, but ive already taken 10mg of methadone today and 20mg of hydro really doesn't do much for me either way. this is more for future reference, when i have more of these.

compounds

I have only seen 20 mg compounds but they are instant release green powder clear capsules . They are cool last longer than Watson 10s I just eat the powder :) the are great. I still prefer 8 yellows though . Bigger rush . I haven't pooped in a long time though lol

Last edited:
convert sr to ir

I don't know how much is converted but the following works for me. Empty the capsule into a medium sized jar. The contents in my sr's are a pale yellow powder. Add about 6 oz of fresh, cold 7up. It will foam so allow for that. Cap and shake the jar every 10 minutes or so for about an hour until there are no pale yellow globs remaining. Then drink. Add more 7up to the empty jar, shake to get the residue, then drink.

Doctors who are against writing for oxy write these damn things. You have to go to a certain pharmacy where they compound them, they make your pills for you according to what the doctor scripts. My mother-in-law gets these damn things and Ive seen her move up 5mg at a time, always with 200mg APAP. She gets 30/200 HCD/APAP SR, and she started at 15/200. Honestly they suck, if you have a tolerance, but I'm interested in trying that lemon juice trick now. Eating 3 regular 10mg lortab or vicodin would most certainly be better buzz-wise, because they work instantly.

Compound labs vikes suck nowadays.

I have to chime in on this thread because I heard that drinking alcohol with tussionex breaks the polistrex down, if these capsules are just that, then dissolving in alcohol should work....please dont read this as "just drink with your pills"....

I just joined this and ask you can see by my user name, I am very grateful. Even though you all are using this med to do more than relieve pain, you have helped me tremendously. I have just been referred to pain management about a month ago and I am very independent with my pain med use...probably why they referred me. But, if I have pain, I want relief. Since I over used my meds they put me on the hydrocodone SR 15/200/50 (they add anti-constipation meds). It was compounded at a special pharmacy here in texas. I had to wait two days to get it. I was hurting! The medicine sucks. I had to spend two more co-pays to get extra med for breakthrough pain! Then I found yalls blog. Yes, the lemon juice worked. I had a procedure two days ago and came home and put two 15's in the lemon juice and had IR!!! thank you so much. I am here to vouch for the dumb SR meds and to say if you have any other suggestions I am all ears. I did the microwave version, but wonder if the slow soak is better. Anythink you can add will help. I try not to overuse the medicine, but after awhile, I have built up a tolerance. They are so mean at the pain docs office. Last visit I was in so much pain my BP was 137/87. They still didnt change my start date. I hate them!

Thank you so much! see my blog below-- I just joined to thank you. A pain management nightmare I have recently entered. Lemonjuice helped me so much the other day when I came home for yet another procedure -- which always increades my pain for the first couple of days. I used the juice in micro w/my SR's and got instant relief. much thanks! do you know if cold water extraction works w/SR's?

Old thread, but, just got 60mg compounded hcd w/ 200mg acet. Snorted half and ate the rest. Let you know how I feel in 45 min. or so

Old thread, but, just got 60mg compounded hcd w/ 200mg acet. Snorted half and ate the rest. Let you know how I feel in 45 min. or so

What are they prescribed for? A doctor is going out of their way to get you a special hydrocodone preparation and you're snorting it? You do realize that this is much less effective than oral dosing, right? Hydrocodone was designed to be absorbed rapidly and completely into the bloodstream when taken orally with a glass of water. Nasal administration is going to be less efficient than oral dosing, and due to the 200mg of acetaminophen and other inactive ingredients, it will be damaging to your nasal membranes (epithelial walls), so best avoid snorting the pills.

Just take them orally for best results.

"Compounded" powder hydrocodone capsules

As a newbie I can't (or can't remember how) to post a "new" thread so adding a question to this one:

- when "compounded" hydrocodone without acetaminophen is compared to oxycodone,
which is preferable?
In other words, if you had a choice to take "pure" compounded hydrocodone powder without acetaminophen at capsule dosage strength of 10mg each
as opposed to 10mg oxycodone tablets, what would be the difference or preference? Or is there any difference at all in effect? It appears from tricomb's previous post that oral dosage (as opposed to snorting) is preferred. Even to plugging?

Also, what buffers or other powder agents might be in the "compounded" hydrocodone capsules other than pure hydrocodone itself in powder form?

Why is the term "compounded" used? IMO if the straight definition of "compounding" for pharmaceuticals applies, it would mean "being for small batch or single individual patient production only" - which implies to me the powder in the capsule(s) could be "pure" hydrocodone and little to nothing else. y/n?

Apologies to all for the naivete of this post, but I'm obviously no expert - still consider myself an opiates "virgin" compared to the posters here. Any advice or even opinions from folks here who know what "compounded" capsules of 10mg hydrocodone (no acetaminophen) actually contain would be much appreciated. Thanks. :)