• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methylphenidate extraction, multi-brand & generic

Wizzle

Bluelighter
So, this friend of mine has a script for 10 mg methylphenidate. The brand name is Sandoz. I was wondering if you can extract these the same way as the brand name Ritalin? The ingriedients in the tablets are:
-Methylphenidate HCl
-Calciumphosphate
-Lactose
-Wheatstarch
-Gelatin
-Magnesium stearate
-Dutch:Talk (chalk???)

I've read in another thread that the goodies in Novartis Ritalin can easily be extracted by mixing the thouroughly crushed pills in some kind of cooled alcohol (IPA 70% or higher for example at refigerator temperature [5 degrees celcius]) and filtering it through a coffee filter. Then let the solution evaporate and tadaaa! Pure methylphenidate. I have read that this method also works on Concerta.

Since Sandoz is the generic chain of Novartis the ingredients are probably exactly the same. I couldn't find the info on the generics in English so I'm just checking with the experts here to make sure.

Please help me out here so my friend and me can use his script to party once in a while without sniffing chalk!

The purification is for sniffing, so minor amounts of inactive ingredients aren't a problem.

Sorry for the rant, i'm high as hell on this shit now 8) (actually like it better then cocaine). Goes well with a few mojito's too!

I gues Ya'll get the point. Will the alcohol extraction work on this generic? If not, What will? Also, if there is a better or more refined method I'd also like to know, as long as the solvents and such are easy to acquire.

Thanks!

UPDATE on the extraction, please read page 2!

Last edited:
Methylphenidate is a lot more soluble in water than in ethanol, who the fuck would suggest an ethanol extraction? Only if quick evaporation is your intent.
The gelatin will fuck your extraction up, forget about it. Anything that gels up is shit, sorry. You're better off with novartis'.

Found this on Gelatin:

Nothing is known with any certainty as to its chemical constitution, or of the mode in which it is formed from albuminoids. It exhibits in a general way a connexion with that large and important class of animal substances called proteids, being, like them, amorphous, soluble in acids and alkalis, and giving in solution a left-handed rotation of the plane of polarization. Nevertheless, the ordinary well-recognized reactions for proteids are but faintly observed in the case of gelatin, and the only substances which at once and freely precipitate it from solution are mercuric chloride, strong alcohol and tannic acid.

So that would mean afforementioned alcohol extraction would take out the Gelatin, or am I lost in translation here?

Wizzle said:
Dutch:Talk (chalk???)

talc??

a methylphenidate extraction would be great to read about,
any chance of posting a link or two you (or anyone) have found?
or, i could utfse but i'm lazy.....

anyway, i have little experience with this compund,
but i imagine concentrated product could be interesting to work with.

narutokun said:
Methylphenidate is a lot more soluble in water than in ethanol, who the fuck would suggest an ethanol extraction? Only if quick evaporation is your intent.

Wizzle said:
The purification is for sniffing

I would imagine quicker evaporation would be a big advantage so heat doesnt need to get involved, as long as methylphenidate is not relatively insoluble in organic solvents (much liquid would be neeeded. would take longer).

to the OP -- good post, know about the rant and ramble thing, im still fucking high from last night's benzo binge......

-SWlM

narutokun said:
The gelatin will fuck your extraction up, forget about it. Anything that gels up is shit, sorry. You're better off with novartis'.

Methylphenidate hydrochloride is barely soluble in water. Check out Phreex' post in this thread.

^The stated above is ridiculous, I will refrain from any further comments on that. Methylphenidate HCl is freely soluble in water.

PhreeX said:
Methylphenidate is soluble in alcohol, ethyl acetate, and ether. It is barely soluble in water or petroleum ether.

Methylphenidate hydrochloride is soluble in water, alcohol, and methanol. It is semi-soluble in chloroform.

The OP has methylphenidate HCl.

You guys need to read more carefully :p

^The op is the one that needs to read right. I am fully aware that methylphenidate alone is poorly soluble in water, and just to make things clear, that is useless info since everyone mostly gets it in salt form.
Wizzle said:
Methylphenidate hydrochloride is barely soluble in water. Check out Phreex' post in this thread.
He says mph HCl is barely soluble, he's obviously completly wrong. It's common sense that most hydrochloride salts are water soluble ffs.

narutokun said:
^The op is the one that needs to read right. I am fully aware that methylphenidate alone is poorly soluble in water, and just to make things clear, that is useless info since everyone mostly gets it in salt form.

He says mph HCl is barely soluble, he's obviously completly wrong. It's common sense that most hydrochloride salts are water soluble ffs.

I guess I did misread it. Now can you help out instead of just being a smart-ass? 8)

What do you wanna know? I think a concensus was reached. Get the most pure ethanol you can get and extract the pills with that, since the proteinoids will precipitate out of solution.

Methylphenidate Hcl is very,very soluble in isopropyl alcohol, like most Hcl salts.

to OP: try to get 100% IPA. It's easy evaporate.

Wizzle said:
Found this on Gelatin:

Nothing is known with any certainty as to its chemical constitution, or of the mode in which it is formed from albuminoids. It exhibits in a general way a connexion with that large and important class of animal substances called proteids, being, like them, amorphous, soluble in acids and alkalis, and giving in solution a left-handed rotation of the plane of polarization. Nevertheless, the ordinary well-recognized reactions for proteids are but faintly observed in the case of gelatin, and the only substances which at once and freely precipitate it from solution are mercuric chloride, strong alcohol and tannic acid.

So that would mean afforementioned alcohol extraction would take out the Gelatin, or am I lost in translation here?

Well, I was wondering if this was true, and an IPA/ethanol/other alcohol will also get the gelatin out... And if it does will the procedure just be:
  1. Crush pills
  2. Dissolve in IPA
  3. Filter through coffee filter
  4. Evaporate IPA

Or do I need to let it sit around for a second or whatever?

By the way: Thanks for helping me out, the noses are grateful

Just a bump... I want to be absolutely sure above procedure will work! I don't want to waste time nor money on this..

That sounds fine although if you're going to filter "normally" you'll need to add more alcohol and wait a bit cause obviously the filter is going to get dirty easily, slowing down the solution's flow rate.

Allright! Imma shop for some high grade IPA now... Will a standard coffee filter be fine or would anyone suggest anything else?

^I can suggest another method if you are interested. It is more time consuming, though.

narutokun said:
^The stated above is ridiculous, I will refrain from any further comments on that. Methylphenidate HCl is freely soluble in water.

i agree with narutokin on this, even in phreex's guide it says this

"Methylphenidate hydrochloride is soluble in water, alcohol, and methanol."

narutokun said:
please do.

im getting some focalin, and while the pills are easy to sniff, id rather have the pure mph hcl.

thanks!

thats what i meant to quite, sorry narutokun :)

i didnt mean to come off as insulting!