• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methylphenidate extraction, multi-brand & generic

FOr s1ck and Wizzle, the method I use is more indicated when you are going to use the MPH intravenously, so there are barely any residues left in the solution. What you need is a some 10mL syringes, coffee filters and cotton.
This method is called backloading. In your cases, crush the pills and use large amounts of alcohol to dissolve them. Let the insoluble inerts get to the bottom of the flask. Prepare a syringe shucking in a layer of cotton, then a layer of reasonably sized sliced coffee filters and then another layer of cotton and then re-attach the plunger pushing down the filters. Put on strenght. Remove the plunger and you'll see the filters are laying on the end of the syringe. Get another empty and sterile flask. Use another syringe to suck in the solution with few insolubles (since these will be in the bottom of the flask) and squirt this solution on the backloading syringe, put the plunger in and push down the now filtered contents into the empty flask. Do the same process over and over again until you see that there are resting a little bit of solution and the insolubles on the original flask. If the filters clog (unlikely), remove the filters and insert brand new cotton/coffee filters/cotton layers.
Like I said this procedure is mostly used for preparing IV shots, but in the end when the alcohol evaporates you'll have the purest methylphenidate possible to snort or whatever you're going to do.
Mind you I am suggesting ethanol because of the gelatin on the pills, with normal IRs water is much more recommended.
I hope this guide helped in some way.
Laterz. :)

Methylphenidate is very soluble in water.
Thats why people can snort it.

I don't even know if its any soluble in any type of alcohol.

Just crush the pills up.
Put the powder in some water.
Then filter it threw a coffee filter, and keep the liquid.
Ditch the filter, or whatever, there would probably be a few mg's on the filter.
Anyway, you could then just heat up the liquid in a microwave or something.
And let it dry out into powder, then scrape out the powder and enjoy!

unicornnn said:
Methylphenidate is very soluble in water.
Thats why people can snort it.

I don't even know if its any soluble in any type of alcohol.

Just crush the pills up.
Put the powder in some water.
Then filter it threw a coffee filter, and keep the liquid.
Ditch the filter, or whatever, there would probably be a few mg's on the filter.
Anyway, you could then just heat up the liquid in a microwave or something.
And let it dry out into powder, then scrape out the powder and enjoy!

That wouldn't take out the gelatin though. An alcohol extraction should.

^Did you try the method I suggested? At least a thank you would do... 8(

Will the extraction also work with the PCH generic? They contain:

*Methylphenidate HCl
*Calciumhydrogenphosphate
*Lactose
*Microcristalline cellulose
*Corn starch

EDIT: Tried the extraction on the Sandoz generics. For the record, they contain:
-Methylphenidate HCl
-Calciumphosphate
-Lactose
-Wheatstarch
-Gelatin
-Magnesium stearate
-Talc

Hi everyone,

I tried the afforementioned method with denatured alcohol. (the pharmacies didn't have any IPA so i settled for this, will get IPA though). The denatured alcohol contains:
- 96% ethanol
- methyl ethyl keton
- linalyl acetate

The MET should be no problem, The solution reached probably about 80 degrees celcius so it should all be evaporated.

The lenalyl acetate is probably still in there since it has a cooking point of 200 degrees celcius. I read that it's pretty harmless though so me and my friend sniffed some anyways and it works like a charm! It does taste kind of soapy though and I've read that the lenalyl acetate is also used in perfumes and such, so perhaps that explains the problem.

Also, I have about 450 milligrams of powder, while I used only thirty 10 milligram pills (300 mg Mpd HCl). Could this be explained by the lenalyl acetate?

I could evaporate the lenalyl acetate in an oven (200 degrees celcius). I am wondering though if that could be a problem since ovens aren't too accurate with their temperature and Methylphenidate HCl melts at 225 degrees celcius.

I'll be sure to get IPA for my next extraction.

Note: The coffee filter clogged up like a beeee-atch so I used two.

Any input will be appreciated, also on the PCH generics. Thanks!

Last edited:
my restaurant makes 130 boxed lunches for novartis every two weeks. It's a pain in the ass having to drag myself into that kitchen at 5 am, but i guess the pharmaceutical dudes have to eat too. And boy, do they love our cuban sandwiches...

sorry for that.

^is that supposed to mean you get any kind of novartis pharmaceuticals?

Getting the IPA is quite a fucking hassle, been through 3 pharmacies and they didn't carry it. I did get an address of a pharmacy that does, I'll probably cop some ether too while I'm at it :D

I've got a question...

How long do you let the crushed up Ritalin pills soak in the isopropynol alcohol before filtering?

Goddamn, fucking pharmacies!! I've managed to get diethyl ether but not IPA.. Can you believe that shit?? Ohh well, I'll just order it on the internet.

@ EON

I don't think you have to wait more then a minute or two.

eon_blue said:
I've got a question...

How long do you let the crushed up Ritalin pills soak in the isopropynol alcohol before filtering?

I usually let them soak for 20-30 mins, stirring occasionally. I believe you could do it in shorter time but 20-30 mins isn't that long. It's worked well this far.

LivingOnValium said:
I usually let them soak for 20-30 mins, stirring occasionally. I believe you could do it in shorter time but 20-30 mins isn't that long. It's worked well this far.

Cool, thanks. I have 99% Isopropyl alcohol and I tried this with 5 or 6 of the 10mg Methylin pills, but i only let them soak for 30 seconds before filtering. I got a white, powdery residue on my plate after the alcohol evaporated...not a crystal clear substance.
I figured I didn't let them soak long enough. I've only got maybe 10 left so I may try it with those, just for kicks.

If you want to get (crude) crystals make sure you evaporate the last bit of IPA as slowly as you can. I usually don't have patience for this.

I know this is a very old thread, although I found it a most interesting one! Does anyone here have information on this related issue. I have the Generic form of (Methylin) on my pill bottle the exact name says "Methylphenid 5mg" . So, first off, is there really a difference between Methylphenid and Methylphenidate?

Secondly, has anyone else tried any of these methods in trying to get pure Methylphenid powder or anything more pure than the original crushed pill? And does anyone else have any better methods of extraction, or any good threads or links that they know of that have very good methods.

Thanks!

wallmart here sells IPA 95% or something for a buck a bottle.
Why is this so hard to find? Should be with the medical sanitizers / Polysporin / First aid

// i would just filter them with water. Everything that is left after evaporation is water soluble and will not clog up your nose (cause we just disolved and filtered it 8))... Now, just snort the leftover to see if the Ritalin is in there. Otherwise, it still is in your filter, and you can still take it orally. So even if it should not be water soluble, you won't loose much of it even if you fuck up.

Just the kind of thread I've been looking for. Phreex's info on purifying Ritalin tablets, into pure MPH is great, but It's good to hear people's experience of actually doing it. It seems that whatever method one uses, the resultant concentrate is often 'sticky' (I think this may be to do with the gelatinous contents of some brands and generics), One way to avoid the problems inherent in this (eg - how do you insufflate a sticky powder?) can be overcome if, after having filtered and dried your solution (whichever method) you then take the resulting concentrate and make a nasal spray out of it. There is a general thread about nasal spray preparation here http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=325155&page=4
Ignore what I say about the purification method (I naively thought that a simple CWE would do the trick for Ritalin tabs), use one os the ones mentioned either in Phreex's thread, or above, then follow the thread to create either a bespoke spray, or use an existing pharmacy spray that can be opened and resealed. A slightly saline MPH solution at approx 10mg/0.1ml is not easy, I'm working on it, and this thread is very useful. I won't post the results until I'm certain I've perfected the best method, both for extraction, and nasal spray administration. Watch this space.
If there is anyone else out there working on an MPH nasal spray please PM me.
thanks
AN

So if I had the MTH mixed with the IPA, and I let it sit out for a while, or until it was completely dry, there will not be any IPA or chemecals from that substance left in the dryed substance either on or off the filter.

I just wanted to make sure so I do not do this and then end up killing myself... So please clarify this for me!

If anyone that has knowledge on this could please take all this information from this thread and break it down into a simple step by step on exactly what you need to do to make methylphenidate into the pure substance, (or purer). hehe.

Also, Is methylphenidate and methylphenid the same chemical?

Thanks!

Do you need to heat the IPA/MTH solution to evaporate all the IPA chemicals, or can you just let it sit in the open for a few days or however long it takes to fully evaporate?
ty

UPDATE:

Okay, so I did the extraction twice now. But I didn't come out with the best results.

In the first extraction I put 30 well-crushed tablets in about 50 ml of 99,8 % isopropanol (IPA) stirred it, let it sit, repeated that a few times and filtered it through a coffee filter.

In my second extraction I did basically the same thing but let the solution chill overnight in the fridge and I used double coffee filters.

The filtering through the coffee filter goes real slow, I guess because it gets all clogged up.

When the solution is finally filtered i got rid of the coffee filters and put the IPA/MPH HCl solution on a flat plate and dried it with a hair drier. I did not have the patience to just let it sit (haha).

What I turned out with on both occasions was between 175 and 225 milligrams of MPH Hcl instead of 300 milligrams.

What should I do to increase my yield? Use more IPA? Flush the filters with IPA before disposing of them? Use lab filters? Or have more patience?

Please note that the MPH HCl is really hard to get of the plates, you might want to even re-dissolve it in water and let that evaporate to really try your patience! :D

The product is great though, no question about that. The extraction is definitely worth it.