• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids snorting tramadol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having tramadol in my mouth for half a second while I wash it down is gross enough, but tramadol up the nose and a tramadol drop? Thats fucking disgusting. And besides what I imagine to be the worst taste in the world, it doesn't offer you any benefit that snorting other drugs does. That must be one of the worst things ever.

^No benefit.

Might work as a really quick ad however. Not much in terms of opiate like effects however, as this is due to the M1 metabolite that is formed in the liver.

ultram, which is the same as tramdal...it burns , dont...ive snorted tramadol b4 but didnt get high one it, just felt sorta better

sonic said:
^ No, the bio-availability of intra-nasal morphine (~10-15%)is lower than oral administration (~30%). Most opioids are more effective orally.
A few are worth snorting for some people. Hydromorphone, oxycodone (without APAP), buprenorphine, and fentanyl are the only opioids I'd ever snort anymore.

You should add Oxymorphone to that list. ~50% BA insufflated compared to 10% BA orally. It is a SIGNIFICANT difference, trust me. And, if you snort it after having a heavy fatty meal, you can expect nasal BA to go up to 75% or more, with oral increasing to no more than 30%.

Plus, the Opana ER pills gel, but it's really more of a "paste", when they come in contact with water (or your mucous membranes). This shouldn't deter intranasal usage though, as this keeps the drug in your nose and allows for complete absorption. It also seems to increase the duration of effects, as 10mg Opana ER snorted lasts for 4-6 hours, whereas 10mg Opana IR snorted lasts 2-4 hours (the Opana IR are perfect for shooting though... one 10mg pill can get an opiate-tolerant person 2-4 good shots!).

I'm still trying to find any information about rectal BA of Opana ER, and how one would administer it, as it would gel in the water in the syringe, making it almost impossible to administer to your rectum. Any ideas on this? I don't have any high-proof alcohol, I don't think, except maybe some Gin or Rum, but I don't want alcohol up my bum to begin with. If you have any ideas, let me know.

snorting tramadol

I find it funny that you lot complain about the burn which really isn't that bad. Even thought I do find it useless to snort tramadol and prefer to eat them.

Do you snort codeine? No. Why would you if it needs to be converted to morphine and codeine-6-glucuronide? Intramuscular injection is a better idea but I don't recommend starting injecting any opioid in any way. Just for the record - it should work better. There are papers stating codeine p.o. is only 60% codeine i.m. I've been there long time ago before I jumped to stronger opioids and it is a lot stronger.

Tramadol is the most worst tasting drug except for ambien, why the fuck would you wanna snort something that has like 100% oral BA?

Tramadol is the only drug that i have puked from btw, that taste is unhuman..

idk didn't do Ambien but have you been stupid enough to try Wellbutrin?? I HAD to blow my nose and it burned my thoat so bad. Sometimes I'm stupid, ok a lot.

This definitely didn't need to be brought back from the dead.

adder is right, the situation with tramadol is somewhat similar to codeine. To get the opioid effects of tram you need your liver to convert it to O-desmethyl-tramadol. However, tramadol itself has serotonin and norepinephrine (and possibly GABA-ergic) properties which would most likely be brought on quicker via insufflation. Assuming intranasal is an effective route for the drug in terms of bioavailability and rate of absorption.

IMO snorting tramadol works. You get a high (a different one than from swallowing-sorry i'm not very scientific with my descriptions!) from a smaller amount but only briefly, and it's much nicer to swallow a few. I have mine for pain relief anyway so swallowing is the obvious way as i'm using it for this not to get high, although have tried snorting just out of wanting to be out of pain quicker, and curiousety. But i find for me if i have breakthrough pain i empty the capsules (pure powdered tramadol no APAP) into a little bit of water and down quickly-disgusting but works fast.

What does tramadol compare to? I know its no morphine or tylenol. But at my work (a vet clinic) they said that tramadol is the most abused non-controled drug in veterinary medicine. I was just wondering what all the hype was about. Also is it the type of drug you have to take more then perscribed to feel a "high" so to say, or does the perscribed dosage work just fine?

What does tramadol compare to? I know its no morphine or tylenol. But at my work (a vet clinic) they said that tramadol is the most abused non-controled drug in veterinary medicine. I was just wondering what all the hype was about. Also is it the type of drug you have to take more then perscribed to feel a "high" so to say, or does the perscribed dosage work just fine?

It's completely relative. Some people love it, some think it's alright, and others hate it. For the longest time tramadol was hated by most regulars on this board, but most of those people had never even tried tramadol. I was turned off from it based on what I read here, but I eventually was offered some tramadol powder by a friend and it got me pretty high although at the time I had no opiate tolerance. I also found that mixing tramadol with valium was a blissful combination and the valium alleviated some of the negative side effects from tramadol.

tramalamadingdong

holy shit i used to date this girl with a prescription to tramadol. i would wake up at her place and we would pop one or two of those in the morning. i gotta say that made for some of the most pleasant bike rides i've been on. middle of summer, fucking gorgeous out, such a great opiate buzz. cruising around from logan square to the west side at nine in the morning. killer boots...

of course tramadol was the first opiate (besides the occasional vicodin) ive ever done on a consistent basis. but i fucking loved it. it got rid of all my anxiety. it basically slowed me down a few notches. it was so easy to sit and have a conversation with someone. strangely enough, it felt really similar to when i used to take ritalin (orally). similar in my mind to tram's in that you get this great little mild body/mind buzz that makes it so easy to focus/concentrate/engage in conversation.

jesus christ, ritalin, now thats a strange drug. i never understood how ritalin, a stimulant(?), could calm me down like that and help me focus when taken orally. it just slowed my thought process down, maybe bc it got rid of my anxiety. now crush that pill up and snort it and you got a whole diff ballgame. very similar to coke, only better imo.

i tried snorting the tram's once, and didnt care for the feeling. much more pleasant downing them. but after a while it seemed like i built up a permanent tolerance to trams. they were never as magical as when i first started taking them, having the most amazingly chill bike rides. anyways now i have a little addiction to the 'ron... so yeah.. trams probably wouldnt do shit for me anymore, haha.

I actually enjoy snorting tramadol when I'm already on them, as strange as it sounds. It's a nice body high and beats swallowing them to bump up the effects because tramadol takes 4 hours for me to feel it usually. My pills have no apap or other nasty bits in them and don't really burn at all, and I chew some gum to take care of the nasty drip taste.

i've snorted them a lot but eating is better. But if your already on your faded step then snorting them works but they hurt as do all pills.

first to snorting tramadol: hahahahha.... silly.

to center: fuck you snorting pills is awesome no wonder your an ex-bluelighter (and why am i trying to talk to him?)

and to snow man, your a pussy if you wouldn't drop a shitload of codeine if they were right in front of you. it's converted to fuckin morphine when it's in your system! so ha fuck you.

I have been taking Tramadolfor kidney pains and recently have been using them recreationally. I take Tramadol/Ultram...aka ultras that are 650mgs. i crush them and remove the time release bits. I make a couple lines and snorting the whole entirety of the pill. The suggested recreactional dose is around 200 but raise it to like 650 its an amazing high unlike anyhigh i have ever experienced before....TRY THEESE ULTRAS!!!! 8o

i must dissagree... IME 600mg of dextropropoxyphene gives a very pleasant codeine like high but for longer... propoxyphene is pretty useless as recreational.... but not dextroprpoxyphene.... (IMO...)... whereas tramadol does not really feel like an opiate IME....

I feel like tramadol does have recreational value. Not opiate like but still not terrible. Has a nice speedy effect also reduces anxiety just be careful not to take more than I beleive its 400mg at a time. Also no reason to snort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.