Bluelighter
Pinkfloyd.jpg

vs
Led_Zeppelin.jpg

T10781684.jpg
GO !

pink floyd for me thats for sure
it took me some time to appreciate Robert Plant voice
pink floyd is way more diversified, but they have the advantage of a longer carrier too

not sure which one was the more influential but Led Zeppelin had a rapid, direct influence on what was going on at the time

another vote for floyd, especially if I shut my eyes and plug my ears if someone starts talking about their work after Dark side.

Pink Floyd.

If for nothing else, then because they're slightly less unattractive than zeppelin in the pics you posted ;)

Man ninja, you sure are making us create a lot of polls recently. ;)

I went with Pink Floyd, naturally.

floyd
i can listen to dark side on repeat for weeks at a time in my car

What is the deal with these arbitrary match-ups?

the theme for this one is:

"bands you really loved in highschool that BA still loves at 30" ;)

Finder said:
What is the deal with these arbitrary match-ups?
traffic ?
a excuses for random discussion about bands we like ?

music is subjective so could you elaborate on what kind of scientific formula you would use for a less arbitrary match-up ? :)

Pander Bear said:
another vote for floyd, especially if I shut my eyes and plug my ears if someone starts talking about their work after Dark side.

I went for Zep exactly because of that which you don't want to hear of. However, if it weren't for their latter day shit, I would say Floyd in a heartbeat.

ninjadanslarbretabar said:
traffic ?
a excuses for random discussion about bands we like ?

music is subjective so could you elaborate on what kind of scientific formula you would use for a less arbitrary match-up ? :)

I mean, jazz vs blues makes sense, stooges vs. sex pistols, but Floyd vs Zepp just doesn't make as much sense to me I guess.

That's just it, the other comparisons generate some discussion, otherwise it's just picking whatever one is your favorite.

n1274400066_30040040_6270.jpg

guess....
Pink Floyd to me may be the greatest band of all time, although I enjoy Led Zep I find Pink Floyd's lyrics and sound to more fit my style

For me yes...... shit that would be an epic battle in my mind trying to decide between the 2. Eitehr way, to me, they are both better than Zep

ninjadanslarbretabar said:
so pink floyd vs grateful dead would have being better ?

I guess. Some other psychedelic band, perhaps. Just ignore me. :D