Pink Floyd vs Led Zeppelin

Which one?

• Total voters
definitely zep

there is very little pink floyd that i actually like

nothing against them, just my personal taste

Floyd v Zep makes some sense to me, cos I see them both as dinosaur 70s groups (not meaning that totally as a diss), although obviously they were doing different things.

*shrug*: hard for me to call, hard for me to care; they've both got a few good tunes but neither greatly interests me.

Jesus fucking wept, there is no contest IMO. All hail the mighty Zep.

Pink Floyd confuses me in a bad way. I think I've had too many bad trips that they had involvement in.

Led Zeppelin however make want to cry tears of joy in so many good ways. Zep on Ketamine is a life changing experience.

the vote is an easy pick for me

oh by the way, which one's pink?

derrr.... i was quoting floyd lyrics dummy!

Based on my musical tastes, one might assume that I like Led Zeppelin more than Pink Floyd, especially since LZ was really one of the first heavy rock bands (many consider them to be the ancestors of heavy metal).

However, this is not the case.

Overall, I think Zeppelin was an extremely creative, talented, rock band. I consider John Bonham to be a virtuoso on the drums, and Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones are both amazing as well.

But unfortunately, it's that Robert Plant guy that gets me. Many consider him one of the best rock front men to ever live; he has terrific range and a unique voice, but I simply can't stand his vocals. I have tried over countless years to appreciate the man's sound, and I simply can't do it. I still listen to Zeppelin; I try to ignore Plant's vocals and appreciate the other aspects of some great songs, but because of Plant, I wouldn't consider LZ on my favorite bands, and thus wouldn't place them ahead of Pink Floyd.

And, uhhh, yeah Pink Floyd is really good and stuff, for various other reasons. %)

ninjadanslarbretabar said:
pink floyd had one hard rock song :

Pink Floyd - The Nile Song

did in 1969, same year as the first 2 LZ album

:)

wow! listen to those drums!

never heard that one before, and i consider myself a bit of a fan. thanks dude!

another overlooked album of Pink Floyd's was The Zabriskie Point Session's, i think it was a soundtrack for the 1970 movie of the same title?

i dont know, either way check it out, some great instrumental songs, lots of slow guitar noodling overlaying eachother with slide guitars, good stuff

today i would go with filet mignon
why, is one really more "win"
i mean if you live near the sea you might get real cheap and fresh lobster..
im more use to filet mignon tho
are you saying there is one more obviously more win than the other ?
which one ?

nealcassady said:
album of Pink Floyd's was The Zabriskie Point Session's, i think it was a soundtrack for the 1970 movie of the same title?
from what i remember the movie was crap and the album only had 2 song from them

wiki check.. 3 song from them
i do remember that i liked one of the song and it wasn't a pink floyd number...

i didn't cared too much about Zabriskie Point...

oh but :
wiki again said:
Bonus disc from 1997 release

1. Jerry Garcia – "Love Scene Improvisations" (Version 1) (Jerry Garcia) – 6:18
2. Jerry Garcia – "Love Scene Improvisations" (Version 2) (Jerry Garcia) – 8:00
3. Jerry Garcia – "Love Scene Improvisations" (Version 3) (Jerry Garcia) – 7:52
4. Jerry Garcia – "Love Scene Improvisations" (Version 4) (Jerry Garcia) – 8:04
5. Pink Floyd – "Country Song" (David Gilmour/Roger Waters/Rick Wright/Nick Mason) – 4:37
6. Pink Floyd – "Unknown Song" (David Gilmour/Roger Waters/Rick Wright/Nick Mason) – 6:01
7. Pink Floyd – "Love Scene (Version 6)" (David Gilmour/Roger Waters/Rick Wright/Nick Mason) – 7:26
8. Pink Floyd – "Love Scene (Version 4)" (David Gilmour/Roger Waters/Rick Wright/Nick Mason) – 6:45
those are new to me and might deserve some care..

look at all the battles.

floyd won this one for me,

Neil-Young-Hard-To-Find-Rari-332565.jpg

vs

lynyrd_skynyrd.jpg

i wonder if anyone would argue skynyrd and mean it.

1 vs 7
usually that not a fair fight
but in this case
neil shall overthrown

but dont be shy to push the new thread button if you want..............(specially if it doesn't include the skynyrd )