• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids identify a fake OC80

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxycont1n

Bluelighter
My friend has come across a few fake: OxyContin 80mg pills. They look almost identical to the real ones. I have taken a picture but the quality isn't too good, so if anyone asks I will upload it. There are a few ways to tell if you come across a real or fake OC80, so I'll give you guys the inside scoop. Keep in mind you really have to have a real one to compare it to, and still you can barely tell the difference.

#1) The coating is a little bit darker, it's almost impossible to tell. A cellphone light seems to work good for detecting this. It also seems that the coating might be thicker?
#2) On the OC side, the imprint seems to be a little bit deeper.
#3) You can always check the taste. Real OCs taste bitter while the fake ones taste like nothing.
#4) If you bite it, it seems to have a harder texture.
#5) With real OC80s the imprints from backside and frontside do not usually line up. Its printed at random so the imprints could be on any slant, so it is possible for a real 80 to be aligned. The fake ones are always aligned from front to back. So if you find an aligned 80 make sure you check it.
#6) You can just tell the quality of the pill coating and shape isn't the same. But still it's very hard to tell.

If you happen to end up blowing one of these, you will notice there is no drip or taste. It also might break out to a little bit more. Texture may also be a little different. Nothing is too noticeable.

Just want to show everyone how to avoid buying these little pains in the ass! I will upload my picture upon request. You can't see any differences but if anyone is interested to see how incredibly identical they are, let me know and I'll get it up. peace out!

edit: these are not the light green coating-less fentanyl fake 80s

Last edited:
Also, the fakes I've run across were the same green color all the way through. Where as the real is just the coating.

i think those are the pills with 1mg fentanyl in it. hope you didnt throw it away?

oxycont1n said:
i think those are the pills with 1mg fentanyl in it. hope you didnt throw it away?

That's what I read in the DEA microgram a few months back...
definitely not *completely* worthless. Not worth what they probably paid for it, but not like its nothing.

yea those fenty pills are def worth buying. i def would. has anyone come across these other fake ones tho?

Yes, I have heard of a few people running across these pills. I have no clue what's in them but it's definitely not an opiate. They apparently look nearly identical or identical to the real ones.

CloudyHazeD said:
Also, the fakes I've run across were the same green color all the way through. Where as the real is just the coating.
Those, which were on the DEA microgram, were said to contain fentanyl...I don't know if i'd even be upset with that

oxycont1n said:
My friend has come across a few fake: OxyContin 80mg pills. They look almost identical to the real ones. I have taken a picture but the quality isn't too good, so if anyone asks I will upload it. There are a few ways to tell if you come across a real or fake OC80, so I'll give you guys the inside scoop. Keep in mind you really have to have a real one to compare it to, and still you can barely tell the difference.

#1) The coating is a little bit darker, it's almost impossible to tell. A cellphone light seems to work good for detecting this. It also seems that the coating might be thicker?
#2) On the OC side, the imprint seems to be a little bit deeper.
#3) You can always check the taste. Real OCs taste bitter while the fake ones taste like nothing.
#4) If you bite it, it seems to have a harder texture.
#5) With real OC80s the imprints from backside and frontside do not usually line up. Its printed at random so the imprints could be on any slant, so it is possible for a real 80 to be aligned. The fake ones are always aligned from front to back. So if you find an aligned 80 make sure you check it.
#6) You can just tell the quality of the pill coating and shape isn't the same. But still it's very hard to tell.

If you happen to end up blowing one of these, you will notice there is no drip or taste. It also might break out to a little bit more. Texture may also be a little different. Nothing is too noticeable.

Just want to show everyone how to avoid buying these little pains in the ass! I will upload my picture upon request. You can't see any differences but if anyone is interested to see how incredibly identical they are, let me know and I'll get it up. peace out!

edit: these are not the light green coating-less fentanyl fake 80s

Do these have any kind of opiate in them at all? Or is it just some random white powder pressed in there? I would like to see a pic of them. Even better would be a side by side with a real one if ya can. Oh ya, what part of the country are you in?

The fentanyl appeared to be synthesized using the Siegfried route, and was found in both tablet and powder forms. One tablet exhibit contained 201 round, green tablets bearing the “OC-80” logo (total net mass 27.5 grams). These appeared to be distinctly undersized mimics of legitimate Oxycontin® tablets (which contain 80 milligrams of oxycodone; see Photos 13 and 14); however, analysis by GC, GC/MS, and IR indicated that these tablets actually contained 1.5 mg of fentanyl hydrochloride. Tablets like these have been seized throughout the country, and it appears that this lab was a source or possibly the source (could not be confirmed, because the tablet press, punches, and dies were not submitted). There were many thousands of these tablets at the laboratory.

photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

Whose ever stupid enough to believe those ones that are green all the way through are actual 80s needs to get their head examined or just stop buying drugs all together . If Oxycontin made any change whatsoever to their products they sure as shit would let the public know.. use some common sense.

LightTrailz said:
Whose ever stupid enough to believe those ones that are green all the way through are actual 80s needs to get their head examined or just stop buying drugs all together . If Oxycontin made any change whatsoever to their products they sure as shit would let the public know.. use some common sense.
I agree, they look nothing alike.

the fentanyl ones dont but it sounds like the one the op is talking about looks pretty damn close id like to see pics =o upload em to imageshack or somthing

ok i will upload pics when i get ahold of my friends camera i took the pics on. these fakes are IDENTICAL. you cannot tell any difference in the pictures nor the naked eye. there is just some white powder on the inside that tastes like nothing. they are arising here on Long Island. they definitly arent just some real pills i mistook for fake. i still have 1 and i have compared it to real ones many times. they are nothing like the fenty based pills. simply the same outside as a real OC and the inside is just filler.

Im on long island and have been hit with these fake 80mg ocs a couple of times now. They really look so similar its real hard to tell at first but the taste of nothing is really what seals the deal.

Ugh threw away a couple hundred $$ on these.

Oh well! Atleast you will know to actually LOOK AT THE FUCKING DRUG BEFORE YOU BUY IT. Next time!

Lesson well learnt!

center said:
Oh well! Atleast you will know to actually LOOK AT THE FUCKING DRUG BEFORE YOU BUY IT. Next time!

Lesson well learnt!

Well maybe you should read the thread.... these look IDENTICAL to the real things!

The only way to really know is you take a bite into one of them, or study them next to a real one.

Was reading on opiophile that these are most probably were made by purdue to be used in the double blind tests and stuff.... somehow they leaked.... ughh

do these idiots read?

he is NOT talking about the fentanyl ones that were shitty-copies that were green all the way through....these look nearly identical he has said it one hundred times.

also maybe these are the inert "diversion" OCs they keep at pharmacies to give to robbers?!?!?
i know for a fact purdue makes inert OCs for this purpose or testing

thing that sucks is you can't go to grip up these 80's fake or real from your local supplier adn be like " hey man you mind if I suck the coating off all these before I buy them just to make sure there real"? They'd laugh at you, then cut u off haha

Status
Not open for further replies.