• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Provigil (Modafinil)

Madhatter4

Bluelighter
Is snorting Provigil (Modafinil) more effective than just swallowing them?

probably - you get an onset of its effects similar to "instant release" - rather than a slower gastric release of this medication !!*

*I am completely speculating here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<<<<~~~~~

It's mentioned in a couple experience reports on erowid.
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=47073
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=12651
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=66134

Relevant parts:

Methods of ingestion:
Pill Form:
1-3 Hours to come on long lasting (I can take 200mg at 8am and still be lively at midnight)
Liquid Suspension:
1-2 Hours to come on
Infarcation (Nasal):
Instant hit, seems to last as long
Smoking:
No effect.

I then ground up the entire provigil pill and began insufflating small amounts of it until after 5 minutes or so maybe 1/6th of the pill was gone. After taking the provigil I began to feel the Adderall more intensely, and could tell the provigil had a feel of it own, less pushy and less speedy but perhaps more stimulating overall. The feeling was somewhat similar to what 100 mg of Adderall will do to me, however the feeling was much different than speed alone, and the duration was much shorter (about a half hour of really feeling up, with after effects of perhaps 5 hours). I think insufflating provigil with speed is interesting if you like bad drip taste and a euphoric high, but it is not so useful for studying. The provigil added much more to the euphoria than to the concentration or speed. The provigil seemes to also make me think alot which might make it good for critical thinking or writing a paper, but not too good for studying notes or doing math homework, it tends to create distracting thoughts.

At about 4:30 in the morning, I realized that there was no way I was going to get enough sleep to feel rested before the day started. So instead of going into hibernation, I decided to crush up one 200 mg tablet of Provigil. I separated it into two lines, one for each nostril. After clearing my nostrils, I immediately start coughing, and look for a drink. After a cool glass of Sunny D, the coughing ceases.

By 5 am, I still am tired, but I feel less foggy. I decide to play some guitar hero. After about a half hour of guitar hero, I feel even more tired. My alertness seems to be fading, and the fogs of insomnia return. My overall impression of the experience is quite disappointing. The only noticeable affect (mild alertness increase) was short lasting and not worth the shitty after taste in my throat.

Never tried it myself, though.

I would simply ask WHY since it just keeps you awake, it doesn't make you feel good (or, that's my experience).

i think i read somewhere it is not water soluable so dont waste your time

I tried snorting some modafinil (100mg) and noticed the usual effects, onset a little faster than oral (15-30min). This is powder, not crushed pills