• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

a question about gabapentin (neurontin)

What are these drugs (Gabapentin and Lyrica) usually prescribed for?

I've very curious as to what they are usually prescribed for. As well possible if anybody knows weather or not they are prescribed often or hardly at all (hard to get ahold of). Say are they prescribed just as often as benzos, opiates, aspirin, tylenol? I'm in Canada.

As well, what kind of side effects do they create over the long term. I know that Tylenol or Tylenol containing drugs like Percocet or Vicodin over the long term casue damage to the liver and kidneys.

What are the side effects over the long term of using one of the 2 drugs I mentioned? What about everyday side effects? For example: depression, constipation, agressiveness, etc.

who would agree in saying that gabapentin is a narcotic,even though ts not classed as one? i know i get a very pleasent narcotic like high from it.......what do u guys think?

No, it's not a narcotic. The term narcotic really only applies to opiates, but can be applied to other depressants and (legally at least) applies to cocaine, though that's really incorrect.

Neurontin is prescribed lots. It's used for epilepsy, anxiety, (for some) bipolar disorder. It's used for nerve pain, as well.

Lyrica is prescribed a little less often, being that it's scheduled. It's used for nerve pain, epilepsy, and anxiety.

they're pretty much identical in effect, but pregabalin is more recreational because while gabapentin's 'high' will disapear after a few weeks of use, pregabalin is recreational for a lot longer.

I know that Tylenol or Tylenol containing drugs like Percocet or Vicodin over the long term casue damage to the liver and kidneys.

Sure, and Benzene causes cancer. Tylenol is a brand name, and this may seem a little pedantic, but it's not really proper to say that something contains Tylenol. That'd be like saying that my arm contains Hammilton. Or that my microwave contains GE. It's nit-picky, sure, but there are lots of products bearing the Tylenol name that contain other actives other than APAP.

Anyway, they can cause weight gain, swelling of hands and feet (water retention, I think).

Gabapentin is about as safe as marijuana. Overdoses of 32 grams have been survived with minimal support. As doses increase, less is absorbed, making it impossible to get more than X amount into your body.

edit: that's not a problem with pregabalin. I don't know if you can overdose on that. Not many things work the way it does.

Ham-milton said:
No, it's not a narcotic. The term narcotic really only applies to opiates, but can be applied to other depressants and (legally at least) applies to cocaine, though that's really incorrect.

Neurontin is prescribed lots. It's used for epilepsy, anxiety, (for some) bipolar disorder. It's used for nerve pain, as well.

Lyrica is prescribed a little less often, being that it's scheduled. It's used for nerve pain, epilepsy, and anxiety.

they're pretty much identical in effect, but pregabalin is more recreational because while gabapentin's 'high' will disapear after a few weeks of use, pregabalin is recreational for a lot longer.

Sure, and Benzene causes cancer. Tylenol is a brand name, and this may seem a little pedantic, but it's not really proper to say that something contains Tylenol. That'd be like saying that my arm contains Hammilton. Or that my microwave contains GE. It's nit-picky, sure, but there are lots of products bearing the Tylenol name that contain other actives other than APAP.

Anyway, they can cause weight gain, swelling of hands and feet (water retention, I think).

Gabapentin is about as safe as marijuana. Overdoses of 32 grams have been survived with minimal support. As doses increase, less is absorbed, making it impossible to get more than X amount into your body.

edit: that's not a problem with pregabalin. I don't know if you can overdose on that. Not many things work the way it does.

thats where i get it, from my father who has sever neuropathy and his legs are basically shit. painful shit. and the neurontin helps him tons.

what about snorting it?
i imagine it burning like hell

what mg pill?

i have 800s, and they HAVE to weigh aruond 200-250 grams...

been awhile for this thread, lol.

but uh yeah, my pops takes 600 mg tablets.

and what i do now is take 1.2 grams basically every other day to keep tolerance low