• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

a question about gabapentin (neurontin)

fck_nazi_sympathy

Bluelighter
i started taking gabapentin cause i heard it had a pretty sweet high. and it did for like the first three times. now it doesnt do anyhting. im wondering if anyone might have any idea why.

where did anyone get the idea that gabapentin yeilds a recreational high?

have you TRIED benzos or opioids?

...the comparison is laughable... although the one good quality i can think of regarding gabapentins recreational potential is that it has a synergistic effect with (most noticably) benzos.

ill take 3200mg of gabapentin along with 120mg of valium, and it gives me a high i can feel, where as that amount of valium would normally be undetectable.

s1ck said:

...the comparison is laughable... although the one good quality i can think of regarding gabapentins recreational potential is that it has a synergistic effect with (most noticably) benzos.

ill take 3200mg of gabapentin along with 120mg of valium, and it gives me a high i can feel, where as that amount of valium would normally be undetectable.

haha, well i really cant get aholdof benzos

s1ck said:

it is no secret that some people enjoy gabapentin, myself included. yes I do opiates just about every day but I still really like the stuff. different strokes

fck_nazi_sympathy said:
what would you find appropriate? i weigh about 180 and was taking 3600mg

I don't know - 3600 is already a pretty high dose

do you take it all at once?

might i suggest alcohol then?

what youre doing can be likened to attempting a high from benadryl...

melange: no wonder you like it, you take opioids. there is a synergy at work, and my guess is THAT is what you like.

gabapentin alone is almost impossible to feel IME

melange said:
it is no secret that some people enjoy gabapentin, myself included. yes I do opiates just about every day but I still really like the stuff. different strokes

I don't know - 3600 is already a pretty high dose

do you take it all at once?

all at once. sometimes with alcohol

yeah 3.6 grams of gabapentin is pretty high, maybe if you would take a break, you can reduce your tolerance and be able to feel it the same again?
have you tried smaller doses? with those you wouldnt build tolerance as fast, or at least i didn't. although gabapentin didnt have much recreational effects for me, when combined with other things, esp benzos, it was nice. and also as your dose of gabapentin increases, the bioavailabitily decreases, and a full stomach will help the BA.

neurontin gets me high as fuck and ive been an opiode and benzo veteran for just nearly a decade now. dont talk shit jsut cause you dont like a drug.
i love neurontin. it gives me some of the best feeligns in the world. seriously i fucking love it. i also LOVE lyrica
peace dawgs

pregabalin/gabapentin synergizes well with weed too I find.

Have to pretty high doses to feel much without something else with it. It is OK for a non-buzzed relaxer though. It is subtle compared to benzos but sort of adds a unique flavour to other things.

klowns said:
neurontin gets me high as fuck and ive been an opiode and benzo veteran for just nearly a decade now. dont talk shit jsut cause you dont like a drug.
i love neurontin. it gives me some of the best feeligns in the world. seriously i fucking love it. i also LOVE lyrica
peace dawgs

Same here man. I love my opiates/opioids/benzos too ,but Gabapentin is a great drug also. I get a very powerful aand enjoyable high from it, and a lot of my buddies do too. about 1 in 4 people dont gett too high/dont enjoy it in my experience. you cant deny the experiences of others.Seriously, i wonder why Neurontin isnt scheduled in the US, the high is very enjoyable and euphoric, i would even call it a narcotic,IMO.

PS-try taking 2.4G-3G(medium large dose) on an empty stomach and wait two hours before eating anything.one thing ive noticed is that it almost always takes 2 hours to kick in. o , and if u cant get high off of that ammount, you have a tolerance.take a break.

Last edited:
what youre doing can be likened to attempting a high from benadryl...

No, it can't. One is an anticholinergic, and the other gaba-ergic, but with very unique effects on ion channels.

No comparison at all.

Ham-milton said:
No, it can't. One is an anticholinergic, and the other gaba-ergic, but with very unique effects on ion channels.

No comparison at all.

thank you

Lyrica

Lyrica ( google it ) is pregabalin. It does yield a GHB like high whoes intensity is dose dependant.

Lyrica is a shedule V controlled substance. That should tell you something. It is pretty easy to get.

There are many Lyrica threads around

Ham-milton said:

No comparison at all.
i meant in the sense that its pointless, not its mechanism of action8)

i dont feel jack from any dose of gabapentin.

ok. i was wrong.

im FREAKING THE FUCK OUT (or i was) BECAUSE OF MY ARM (see my other thread if youre interested).

i have a benzo tolerance comperable to anyone on this board, im not trying to show off so dont flame me for it. i just cant feel benzos anymore.

anyhow i was freaking out SOO hard, and so i took 8mg of estazolam. normally i couldnt feel that. i followed it up with 3200mg of gabapentin, and i actually feel pretty good (aside from fearing for my life, you understand...)

im not gonna say the gabapentin alone did this, but i admit, i was not giving it enough credit.

im wondering if another say... 1200mg would be dangerous?

im on bactrim and keflex, im hoping it wont interfere with those. i cant see how it could, but i am just a layman in this regard.

Neurontin is actually loved by some people. They love it like Bush loves Jesus- sexually.

They're as partisan as Condi Rice at a dinner with Dennis Kucinich.

I love it, but I can't afford it lately. Gives such a manic high, more so than amphetamine, even. I'd say it compares to methcathinone. I feel stupid saying that, but somehow it does. My wife and I almost got kicked out of Pizza Hut (*sob*) one night I had taken it, they thought I was on speed (so did my wife).

Unfortunately, nope.