• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Huge Amount of Oxycontin Taken in Robbery

erosion said:
On the market since 1995, Oxycontin is called the heroin of the Midwest. Illegal demand for it has grown in the last few years, since it became tougher to make Methamphetamine.

riiiiiight, because most opiate users are meth addicts who couldn't find a fix so they settled for the complete opposite... 8)

ellua said:
riiiiiight, because most opiate users are meth addicts who couldn't find a fix so they settled for the complete opposite... 8)

Right? I don't know if news writers are on strike too, it seems that it is getting increasingly bad.

I found this tid bit interesting:

...in the last few years, the company has spent more than 325 million dollars to test and develop drugs that are more abuse resistant.

Seems they've gotten their moneys worth for that :|

I just hope that something miraculous doesn't come out of the works sometime soon that would make pain meds not fun :(

phrozen said:
^
Well, the burglar ambushed the owner in the parking lock with a gun. He then made the owner go inside with him. I assume he then got him to open up the narcotics safe.

I was thinking inside info as in the burglar knew the OxyContin inventory and he knew that the owner would be there at that time alone.

yes inside job no way they would score that many tablets randomly..... maybe even the pharmacist himself.

between 4 people I know, they get 1000 per month. Just say this pharmacy has like 30 pain patients. Its not that hard to beleive

erosion said:
Purdue is offering a one thousand dollar reward through CrimeStoppers for information leading to the arrest of people involved in the New Richmond robbery.

LOL, thats gonna do something.

This isn't terribly far from my house... At all.

There hasn't been much illegitimate OC around, though, so I suppose this guy is doing what someone else suggested and sitting on them; that, or just releasing like, 200 a month. That's plenty of money to live off of, and it doesn't "flood the market", so to speak. He'll be in control of pricing for this area for a while, I imagine.

erosion said:
News 12
January 29, 2007
A spokesman for Purdue Pharma, the company that manufactures Oxycontin, tells us that in the last few years, the company has spent more than 325 million dollars to test and develop drugs that are more abuse resistant. They've also partnered with law enforcement agencies to try and crack down on Oxycontin abuse and robberies. Purdue is offering a one thousand dollar reward through CrimeStoppers for information leading to the arrest of people involved in the New Richmond robbery.Link

... 325 million seems like a significant effort, and a $1000 reward is decent, but in reality that is nothing. Purdue makes billions of dollars a year. you'd think they would drop a little more dough if they really wanted these people caught. but thats just it, they don't. they want their drugs on the street, getting new people addicted and making it more popular overall. business is good for purdue, as well as the dude that robbed that shit.

FightSobriety said:
I used to live in the midwest (Ohio) and heroin was a hell of a lot cheaper than OCs, though they went for 50, not 80. $1/milligram? Maybe during a drought on the east coast, but heroin of the midwest my ass. Mexican tar is the real heroin of the midwest.

I may be WAY behind in post here, but anyway. I'm in the Midwest too and Oxy 80 runs about $40. And if this is true, "If it's taken correctly, Oxycontin will supplement pain management. If it's crushed and snorted and injected, it will kill you." We would have a lot of dead people...this article is totally full of crap. Just more anti-drug bs. If the midwest is dealing with any drug its meth, not OC...

oc's cost $1 a mg here. every once in a while, they'll be a little cheaper, but not often. i've heard it called hillbilly heroin, but that's from the news channels around here. hell i wish there was heroin in these parts, i wouldn't have have waste my time and money finding pain pills.