Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Huge Amount of Oxycontin Taken in Robbery

erosion

Bluelight Crew
Huge Amount of Oxycontin Taken in Robbery
News 12
January 29, 2007

Law enforcement agencies across the area are on alert for a possible surge of a dangerous drug... Oxycontin. Informants are being pressured, rewards are coming forward, and the heat is on to find out who robbed the Berry Pharmacy in New Richmond, Sunday afternoon.

In a story you'll see only on Local 12, investigators are telling our Rich Jaffe that it's one of the largest Oxycontin robberies this area has ever seen.

On the streets, one single 80 milligram Oxycontin pill sells for 80 dollars, one dollar per milligram. Sunday afternoon, a thief hit Berry Pharmacy for a motherload of Oxycontin, more than five thousand tablets worth hundreds of thousands of dollars on the streets.

Chief Dave Willoughby, New Richmond Police: "My biggest fear is that the, with this large amount of Oxycontin being out on the streets, that it will get into the hands of people who don't know how dangerous it is to abuse it, whether they take it by swallowing it, snorting it or injecting it, it could be lethal immediately."

On the market since 1995, Oxycontin is called the heroin of the Midwest. Illegal demand for it has grown in the last few years, since it became tougher to make Methamphetamine.

"Investigators say they believe the owner of the pharmacy was parked behind the shop and when he came out to his vehicle to get something out of it, the thief was hiding behind one of these walls. He came up to the owner, stuck a gun in his ribs, and then forced him back inside into the pharmacy."

Joe Lutmer, Pharmacist: "The criminal is always going to think you have some, so no matter how much you have in stock, I don't think it keeps you safe, they're going to take what you have, they're out for one thing and that is to get the Oxycontin."

At Tischbein Pharmacy in Hyde Park, they have camera's, an alarm system, and a police station two blocks away. With never more than a small amount of Oxycontin on hand, it still puts people at risk.

"If it's taken correctly, Oxycontin will supplement pain management. If it's crushed and snorted and injected, it will kill you."

Rich Jaffe, Local 12.

A spokesman for Purdue Pharma, the company that manufactures Oxycontin, tells us that in the last few years, the company has spent more than 325 million dollars to test and develop drugs that are more abuse resistant. They've also partnered with law enforcement agencies to try and crack down on Oxycontin abuse and robberies. Purdue is offering a one thousand dollar reward through CrimeStoppers for information leading to the arrest of people involved in the New Richmond robbery. If you know anything about it, contact CrimeStoppers at 352-304

Link

a little one sided, "it will kill you" if crushed or snorted? Not likely if you're not retarded.

Who calls it heroin of the midwest?? No one I've ever met.

They only want to steal your oxycontin? Must be really dumb rednecks if they forget the desoxyn, adderall, marinol, norco and vikes, their entire stock of barbs and benzos and clomethiazole? The hydromorphone, oxymorphone, morpthine and pethidine?

How the fuck could they forget those? Or even just one of them? Most of them would be recognized by anyone at least a little familiar with the drug scene.

Either the burglar was extremely lucky, or it was an inside job in some way.

i say it was an inside thing.. someone left a door unlocked or made copies of the narco key (which is pretty hard considering 1-2 people have it at a time)

^
Well, the burglar ambushed the owner in the parking lock with a gun. He then made the owner go inside with him. I assume he then got him to open up the narcotics safe.

I was thinking inside info as in the burglar knew the OxyContin inventory and he knew that the owner would be there at that time alone.

wow, there is some serious misinformation in that news story.

where did this happen? like what state was this?

can't believe they're making 5K tablets sound like so much. yeh, its a lot, but tjeeze, its not *that* much, lol;) It doesn't even represent half a kilo of oxycodone. if they said like 10 million tabs, then yeh. blown out of proportion.

If the robber is smart he wont start selling them right off the bat..... he should just stash the pills somewhere safe for at least a year

I used to live in the midwest (Ohio) and heroin was a hell of a lot cheaper than OCs, though they went for 50, not 80. $1/milligram? Maybe during a drought on the east coast, but heroin of the midwest my ass. Mexican tar is the real heroin of the midwest.

Madhatter4 said:
If the robber is smart he wont start selling them right off the bat..... he should just stash the pills somewhere safe for at least a year
If he's really smart, he won't blow through half of the stash. :D

Narcotics safe?? at the pharmacy where I used to work, the oxy sat on the shelf behind the counter just like everything else. The only precaution we would take when we closed is taking out the money from the cash register...

If its crushed/snorted or injected it will kill me?!.

Bravo on the scare tactics.

the shit they put in these storys is rediculous.

they try and make it sound like oxycontin isnt considered an abusable/ harmful drug unless you crush and snort em or anything else but pop em. of course if you pop em oxycontins completely legit! :p

GreenMachine said:
Narcotics safe?? at the pharmacy where I used to work, the oxy sat on the shelf behind the counter just like everything else. The only precaution we would take when we closed is taking out the money from the cash register...
Well, I think they were violating the law then. All narcotics, not sure with what C it starts with, but CII certainly, needs be locked away in a safe.

Most, if not, all narcotics are in a locked up safe that only the pharmacist can open.. the owner nor techs cant get in there.

And why would a pharmacy have that much OC on hand? Seems excessive.

That would be 50 100ct bottles. I guess they could move that much in a month... I don't know. :|

a friend of mine gets 200+ 30mg roxis a month.. some pharmacies have excessive amounts to supply the demand