• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Slipped/herniated disc and bursitis.....what pain meds are used to treat this?

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
First let me say,
I know alot of dumbasses come thru here with non legit injuries or pain like LOLZ WUT CAN I GET. In general those threads are kinda looked down on , for good reason. But I am lookin for some opinions from people who had/have this, and what their experience was. I was just curious what is commonly prescribed for this. I need you guys's help.

I got bursitis in my left hip and what the dr. thinks is a problem with one of the discs in my lower back. I been using oxy to help the pain for work cuz its almost impossible to work without some chemical help, without turnin into a limping , tired old lady after cleaning like 2 rooms. (Im a housekeeper.)

I was curious if there was anybody here wit either of these problems and if you were familiar at all with any medications that might get scripted for it. Im gettin a Xray and MRI's to check out my lower back. I know yall aint doctors , but im just puttin a real basic question out there, If you have a disc problem (slipped disc or herniated disc) did you get any painkillers prescribed?

For the record.... At this point, Im past gettin high, it takes way too much for me to get high anyways, and I aint even lookin for that, I could use other things if i wanted to get fucked up. I just want to know if there could be some kinda light at the end of this bullshit-ass tunnel so that I could get back to work and not end every day by havin to lay down for hours to un do all the damage i did that day at work. Without pills i can hardly bend over some days without fallin down from the pain shooting thru my back. It aint no fuckin joke. It would give me a lot more confidence to keep goin and keep tryin to get help with it, if i knew that there might be some relief at the end of the process. I been takin 800mg ibuprofens wit no luck, advil, aleve, bayer, motrin, tylenol, aspirin, none of it does shit.

But i think i gave enough information, and its a common condition that alot of people I known have had, so if Im wrong to post this let me know but I would hope that yall would know me well enough by now that youd understand why I wanted to post this.

My mother was just recently diagnosed with two slipped discs.

Doctor gave her 60# oxy 5/325 and the pain management guy offered the same when that script was up.

At the pain management place they did some treatment that involved an injection into the spine once a week for three weeks...plus some other chiropractic rehab stuff.

That was it then.

edit: what was i thinkin, sorry i read your thread completely wrong... i dont know, sorry

she might be in luck. I knwo someone with a herniated disc and they started at 5 oxy but thats pretty much where they start everybody. herniated disc is some terribly bad pain from what i understand and they will porbably give your mom as much as is comfortable. be safe. dont steal from your mom w/o her knowing, you'll feel bad if you have any heart at all). -Spaz-

Last edited:
^ lol sometimes it pays to actually read the thread. 8)

Ok, My mother has the same disorder or somewhat similar. Herniated L4 and L5 and degenerative disk disorder and pinch nerves in her right hip. She gets Lorcet(vicodin 10/650) and soon to be Oxy 40mg 2 times a day possibly higher because of he tolerence to the medication. Also 2 somas 4 times a day. She says these meds work wonders shes a customer service rep. manager and sits all day and that puts alot of strain on the back and leg. She said the soma is most helpful because it targets the area with pain and seems to warm it and relieve a good amount of pain. I also have Bursitis in my shoulder and Soma works great for pain i also get vicodin but when in alot of pain there are times u cant sleep soma helps well there too. My buddies and i call it the Soma Coma. Hope this was helpful

Well i've got a si and L4 L5 disc problems. I've been seeing a pain management DR. for 2 yrs. i get a shot every year, which only last about a week.B honest with your DR. and tell him what works for you and he will listen.
Me I've been on 7 10/325's and 2 20 oc's a day for 2yrs now. Like my Dr. told me when you keep asking for more cocktail the less you'll get, soI've asked for nothing more. Plus this cocktail works great

You need to find a compassionate docter. Unlike Sportfishers when u ask for more cause ur in more pain he should give it to u. thats what my doctor does, hes ver y compassionate. If u ask for more they shouldnt give u less. they should accommodate your pain levels.

Same as all said above, but try a traction machine too. Pain meds and traction can do wonders for a slipped disk.

Thanks for all the responses so far peeps....Im bout to go get my Xray done now and dependin on what that shows, a MRI after that. the Bursitis is a real mutha fucka Ill tell you that. Sometimes shit'll have me jump or yell out when the pain starts real bad. I cant even really lay on my left side sometimes. Shit, even in the shower havin the water run on it too long hurts. The shit with my back, comes and goes, but its always there to remind me with a sharp pain as soon as i bend or twist the wrong way , when its laying dormant. When im workin, forget about it, im stiff as a fucken board and pretty much it makes me feel like a cripple.

Its a bitch. I had so much problems with oxy and dope, and got off it. I been off for a while now, and i had these pains while i was hooked on it, but i didnt notice it cuz i was always on something. Now that i been clean for a long time, i realized it was just gettin worse and worse all this time as i abused shit. Now the true irony is that i NEED meds to work. Thats what i get for bein a dumbass right. serves me right. fate sure got me good with that one.

Anyways, Im 20 yrs old, so i dont know how it would look if i was talkin or asking to get put on meds. i dont think thats a good look I dont want it to look like DSB (drug seeking behavior.) Well, the thing is, i *AM* seeking drugs...but not for fun or for a fix.....But becuz of the pain. Anyone in true pain wants relief right? its just gonna be hard to walk that fine line between lettin them know that i am in severe pain alot of the day when i work, and lettin it be known without makin it look like im hinting at somethin...*sigh*....I hope they dont recommend some shit like physical therapy without meds. i can deal wit whatever treatment they want to give me but I am hopin i can get some pain releif that dont involve laying on the floor with a big rubber band and stretching my back with it or laying on a exercise ball or some shit. :|

Ill let yall know how it goes. More responses would be great too.

Does anyone know if I can get anything for scoliosis related pain? Last I checked a few years ago it was only 8% but it might have gotten worse. I'll have an MRI or xray to prove it.

Basically the only pain I have is at the site of that bone that sticks out under your neck. One sticks out more than the other and it seems to be out of place or misjointed, and I also get a sharp pain occasionally in the middle of my spine.

I have several slipped discs, nerve damage, and hip problems. I have never been able to get proper pain relief due to my age. Although I've never tried hard enough to go through the correct channels. I just got my stuff the easy way. The most I ever got was some 10mg norco's and some soma or flexeril. Real crap...especially when you got a tolerance from hell. If you stick to the prescribed dose it may help a bit, but don't expect to get any huge doses to start. You'll have to spend a good 6 month to a year to get something worthwhile going through the pain management system or if you find a quack you might be able to get something good off the bat.

BTW I am now 27...and have been dealing with these problems for about 9-10 years without any legit pain relief. I now take bupe because it's easier to get than actual painkillers. Although it barely touches the pain. You may have better luck than me due to being a female. (not to be sexist, but women seem to be able to get painkillers with less concern than young males)

Not tatted up ones with Sopranos accents. ;)

Anyways, good to see a variety of responses to have some idea of what i might be in for.....Thanks everyone and anyone who posts in the future too.

^ Yeah. I think the "NJ" in "I (people running from cops or whatever they are doing) NJ" means New Jersey, not south florida :D

I am definately not overweight and im healthy. the doctor n x ray tech said that there aint no natural way i would be feelin this at this age and it aint common so that must mean theres somethin pretty legit goin on as far as this is concerned. I already been taking ibuprofen800s and it dont do a god damn thing. Exercise is kind of impossible becuz the pain hurts so much sometimes i cant even bend over or move in certain ways. right now, that would cause so much pain and most likely make it worse, so IDK....Im willin to do whatever i gotta do to take care of it but im just sayin that right now , pills seems like the only thing that helps.

do u really want to be on opiates the rest of ur life?

right now its the addict inside u telling u that u need opiates for ur pain....ur pain is being exaggerated by ur own bodys cravings for the opiates.

i am a chronic pain patient and have been opiate free for about 4 months.

my pain has dramatically improved! i have done nothing else to help it so what else could it be? no physical therapy, no exercise, nothing. my pain has not gotten better, but my body is no longer exaggerating it so that i feel i "need" pain medications. sure it sucks being in pain still, but atleast its not that completely sore feeling i got from either WDs or PAWs. muscular, skeletal, all of it hurt!

from being constantly in the range of 6-8 on the pain scale 24/7 for the past couple years, to at this moment feeling about 3 or 4 is a great improvement.

lacey ive read these boards enough to know that u havent been clean of opiates long enough to see if u can make it without them. im not saying ur making up ur pain or anything like that, but please believe me(coming from one of the biggest opiate users on here)that opiates can have a SIGNIFICANT impact on ur level of pain and its not always for the better. not to mention the power of the mind....why do u think when even a completely pain free person WDs from a strong opiate that they have alot of body aches and pains? there is no real physical reason for this that i am aware of(other than the fact that u may over do something WHILE on an opiate hurting urself more) it is purely physiological aka the mind controlling the body. it is a symptom that serves to further reinforce ur bodys addiction.

also, once u have been on opiate pain medications for atleast a year straight, u cant even tell they are working. u feel the pain all the time but the opiates just make it seem OK

id be willing to bet a wager nothing comes up on an xray or mri......................................................................................................................................................

lacey k said:
im healthy. the doctor n x ray tech said that there aint no natural way i would be feelin this

pills seems like the only thing that helps.

just read my post and read ur own words a couple times.........

u have no recent trauma either?

exactly.

btw, here comes the flames

and for the record,
if i could go back on opiate pain medications i would still do it in a heartbeat.

yiggy said:
just read my post and read ur own words a couple times.........

u have no recent trauma either?

exactly.

Who told you that...about a year ago i was at work in a tile floor restaurant kitchen when it flooded and all the dirty grease came back up too, i slipped like a mutha fucka , twisted the fuck outta my back n landed on my ass. couldnt do shit for a week n couldnt bend right for at least 2 more wks after that but never got it looked at cuz i thought it worked itself out. but ever since then shit aint been quite right but now i work full time as a housekeeper at a hotel sometimes for 9-10 hrs a day. maybe that dont sound like shit to you, but it aint no joke. them supervisors work the fuck outta us, best believe. ever since i started workin there shit has became worse. i put it off til one day i couldnt get out of bed without feelin like i was gettin mortal kombat'ed where they pull out your spine lol. layed in bed all day cuz of that shit, it was pretty lame...no pun intended =P. that aint nothin i would wish on myself even to get some kinda pills, cuz most likely it wouldnt be that strong anyways, not do shit to help n id still be feelin pain.

Anyways... How long i been off opiates for then since you know? Ill tell you what, that there aint no way ithat this is related to w'd. you must have a pretty off view of when i quit them shits if you think that but thanx for your opinion all I can do is wait n see. . Dont know why it required a triple post tho. Well like i said.....I asked for peoples input n i got it so aint no hard feelings but you wrong....;)

Thanx nguboi...Yep im definately down for the physical therapy n whatever else but that was kinda the whole point of me postin this thread to see what range of things could be treatment for that n what drugs if any...Good to see different peoples experiences...

your gonna have hell getting a script for anything that works more than maybe a brief script for some 5mg percs or vicoden especially at your age, though being a woman will help.

i was 27 when i found out i had deg. disc disease and a couple herniated and ruptured discs and stenosis and at 6'1 and 250 i got 5mg percs and eventually moved up to 10's.

its almost not even worth getting anything.

if its nerve pain neurontin or lyrica MIGHT help... the thing that works the best for me is weight training and exercise.. the more muscular i am the less it hurts... anabolics and hGH for me ... funny all this stuff started to hurt after i hadnt been on any muscle building drugs for over a year and was out of the gym.

oh just a random post i found of yours from the beginning of this month.....

King Ivory.....Pretty good ish. black stamp, which i dont see alot. paterson nj.

Black diamond...... red stamp, crap. from god knows where originally , someone I know bought up near port jervis ny and gave me one.

also its extremely wierd that u didnt mention throwing out ur back while slipping on grease flooded floors in ur first post....i think that was pretty pertinent.