• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Health Issues

I've used kratom HEAVILY for a good number of years now and have no ill-effects...my health has never been better, in fact.

So long as one is healthy in other aspects of life (diet is clean, exercise is frequent, sleep is solid, body is hydrated) then I see no problems with Kratom use (personally) especially as it harbours many health benefits of it's own.

It is without a doubt the best Anti-Depressant out there...very clean mood elevation.

Wow... This is getting moronic. The color of your feces has more to do with what you've eaten than anything.
And eating (or drinking) a lot of kratom will turn them green, all right =D. Nothing harmful about it tho, as far as I can tell. The chlorophyll might even be good for you.

You can definitely develop chronic constipation on long-term, high dose kratom, without a question... just as you can with opiates. That isn't healthy, I can tell ya, although I don't think it's dangerous either.

Kratom is actually an effective colon-cleanser for many. I've never ever experienced constipation in all the years and through all the kilo's and kilo's and kilo's of the stuff.

I'd really like to know what is behind the claims of yellowish skin, if it has been reported outside of the Thai studies...

I'd really like to know what is behind the claims of yellowish skin, if it has been reported outside of the Thai studies...

The people they interviewed were poor thai farmers and could have had yellow skin for any number of reasons. I've never seen it reported anywhere else.

I have personally used kratom multiple times a day (mostly extracts like FST) for years and my skin is not yellow. I don't feel all that unhealthy either. For reference, I did also use leaf daily for a few months but the bulk of my use was FST.

Who knows though, I haven't had any liver tests done so maybe I'm fucked even though I feel healthy enough.

I've recently turned to Kratom, Tramadol, and O-Desmethyltramadol as substitutes for a two year Oxy habit. I'm permanently off Oxy as I have no real way of ever getting it again (probably for the better), and I love Tramadol and M-1 when I have them. Kratom is the one thing I can constantly get my hands on and it's been a godsend. Hearing reports of people being put into liver failure from the plant though is alarming. Even if it's rare, like Tramadol related seizures, if the causality is there (Kratom--> liver failure in select users), it makes me nervous to ingest the herb as frequently as I have been.

I almost wish I hadn't searched "Kratom health issues" just now on google. >_>

^Lol, Googling any health issue will usually end with you fretting...

i discovered i was more successful PUSHING the urine out, rather than waiting (yep, me too - sometimes half an hour). now i'm talking about when i clearly need to but can't pee. i dont know y it took so long to try it(pushing, steadily and w/gusto), except in the past it was a pooping thing, rather than peeing.
also, when i contracted HEP C my skin didn't turn yellow, but my eyes did. the first [visual] symptoms however were dark urine and light stool. and i'm talking about dark pee like the color of COFFEE, and poop the color of PAPER.
naturally i did what any intelligent, well educated person wud do, and asked another iv user [guess mom wasn't home]. he promptly diagnosed me, correctly, with HEP C. i got a 2nd opinion at the ER, which i mention because until *the tests came back the er docs thought it could be TYLENOL OD. Then...was it gall bladder trouble? i think so. this is like 25 yrs ago. they were trying to remember/remind each other of the requirements, recalling F's: female forty fat fertile and...and...and.... They kept getting stuck there til i offered helpfully, "..um..family?"
so never never rely on qualified-not certified people when it's yr health. even tho the docs were wrong and the addict correct, you cud panic over symptoms
tha belong to an entirely different cause. the helpful addict assured me i'd be dead-n-buried in months, if not minutes, but 1 doc, who also had hep c, gave a more realistic. and in my case optinistic. after interferon my levels have been fine.
*bld tests can come back positive sometimes, neg. others fot hep c. optimistic

I've been using crushed plain leaf Kratom about once or twice daily for about 2 months now. Started every few days, once or twice a week, worked up to once a day, and have occasionally taken it twice a day but have essentially capped my overall intake at about 3-10grams/day, whether all in one morning dose, or split between two doses. I haven't noticed any ill-effects while on the substance, just bliss, relaxation, and focus in my schoolwork. I have tried taking a few days off every few weeks to listen to my body and see if I feel any withdrawal-type symptoms, but thus far I have not. However, I have noticed that on many days when I don't take it I feel as though I would like to, and very much miss the good feelings it offers.

The potential negative liver effects are surprising and unnerving but I feel perfectly healthy, exercise, drink lots of water, and get as much sleep as I can being a college student.

As someone on probation due to marijuana possession, kratom has been a lifesaver in offering a legal, comfortable alternative to relax and have a higher quality of life again after completing 8 out of 12 months of probation.

I've been using kratom once every 2-3 days for over a year now and I have no health issues that I know about. Kratom is near the top of my list of favorite drugs because it is so versatile and there is no hangover or negative effects whatsoever (for me anyway). It's great for either chilling or working because you can think clearly and feel great at the same time. It also makes sex last forever and works well for pain relief. It basically the drug that's good for anything.

I'm an easy vomiter on H or DXM, which are opiates.

Sorry to be 'that guy' but DXM is not an opiate its a dissociative.

I really enjoy kratom its a lot easier to handle in the addiction department imo than codeine or dihydrocodeine ever was for me, my only real complaints after bout 50 odd doses ranging from 3g to 10g (7g being my preferred dose) are the reduction in sex drive it produces the day after.

Kratom has been real beneficial to me. I have chronic nerve pain in my upper back and neck and get constant headaches as a result of the nerve, as well. Having no insurance, the doctor refuses to prescribe me a medicine potent enough to kill the pain, and the prescription of pain medication I AM given has no refills and is quickly depleted within a couple of weeks. I read about kratom on an internet forum much like this one and thought I would give it a try. Works wonders. I only hope the powers-that-be don't get foolish and prohibit it because of a few irresponsible people that abuse it. I have been taking it for over a year now, about six grams a day broken up in two doses and I have no side effects to speak of thus far honestly, apart from a little irritability on a bad day perhaps... Anyhow, I hope if people decide to try this, they do it responsibly and don't make fools of themselves and ruin it for the people that really need it.

It's rather hard to even make a fool of yourself on Kratom it is so beningn except perhaps heaving a huge puff of greeen powder that didn't manage to go down or constantly having a green beard.....:) I'm with Dextro with the chronic insidious pain I have throughout my body as a result of Lyme Kratom has been a god send. My doctors only approach was tramadol and lyrica which helps but kills my sex drive and just leaves you feeling ya know like your on tramadol and pregabalin aka creepy. I spend 340 dollars a month on the stuff mainly because I have it shipped overnight every time and every time I say I'm not doing this again. Without it though I truly fear I would be a depressed bed ridden hermit. Oh and it completely helped me become sober from the alcohol which was life changing.

No negatives hear to speak of. Three years strong.

I must admit though I do rather miss the UEI based Enhanced Bali for the occasional treat.

Kratom gave me a warm, glowing buzz unlike any prescription grade opiate. This is what got me hooked on using it for a year today. I don't get the warm buzz feeling anymore, but I still liked the relaxing feeling it gave me. I used it everyday to get work done. I took around the usual 15 grams of bali spread throughout the day from an 8 oz ground powder shipment.

Everything was going good. I'm working a corporate job that I've had for 7 months (unemployment is really high so I will have to work hard to keep a job). I've brought Kratom to work every day. I would usually have a dose in the morning, and then one in the late afternoon.

Nobody found out that I'm using kratom in my cubicle, its a pretty discrete drug.

Well everything was going well by using it everyday for a year, but in the past 3 weeks I've noticed kidney pain when I wake up in the morning. I know kratom can dehydrate you, so I tried drinking a lot more water following each dose. I did use kratom an hour before going to bed, perhaps while I'm sleeping, I don't have a chance to rehydrate? The kidney pains got worse and worse. Like at first I noticed a very slight dull ache in my back, but it went away as I drove to work. Now, I carry the pain to work, so I took an advil with breakfast. After 3 weeks, the pain is really bad, and I've pretty much confirmed its the Kratom.

I use other prescription medication like Proventil/Ventolin inhalers for asthma relief, and also allergy relief nasal mists that are used intranasally. I thought it was side effects from prescription meds. I did a test, I took half a dose of kratom each time I wanted to use it. The pain subsided, and I didn't hurt nearly as much, if at all. I then went back onto full dose of kratom and the pain shot back up, and I can't lean over to pick something up off the floor.

My urine was indeed dark as hell for the past month, but I didn't link it to kratom. Also my "stools" aren't hard, they are normal :)

It sucks that I'm now experiencing really bad side effects from kratom. I'm gonna have to quit, and while working, its gonna suck even more. Its gonna kill my motivation.

I thought kratom was safe to use for a really long time, I guess my body really doesn't like having something dehydrating it daily. I do drink fluids all the time though, this is why I can't understand these symptoms.

I'm afraid to go to the doctor if shit gets really bad, like if I tell the doctor I'm using Kratom, will they be like "WTF is kratom? Is this a type of bath salt?" lol I don't want to even get to that point, so I gotta take a half dose and taper down to quit :(

Last edited:
Out of curiosity when you say your urine is dark are you saying it's dark yellow or dark like tea?

Man I can't remember exactly when, maybe late August. It was sometimes orange, but some days just dark yellow. Yeah I know it looks like maybe there's blood or something in it. It progressively got worse throughout September. I don't feel the pain now, when I switched to half-doses, the pain went away, and I plan on tapering down with this last 2 oz I have left. I feel that tapering down off kratom is A LOT easier than tapering down with oxycontin.

Well I'm feeling a lot better now. My back feels a little tired, but I can manage with some advil.

Piss still looks a tad dark though, but not orange, like just yellow, but it should be clear cause I'm drinking a lot of fluids.

Well my back pain is totally gone now. Luckily I didn't have serious medical issues, I was getting worried!

I have about an ounce of Bali left. I'm not sure if its enough to taper down with. I am on a site about to order maybe another 2 ounces (as opposed to the usual 8 oz ). I don't want to get another 8 oz. cause I think that is too much to taper with and I'd drag it out too long. I kinda want to get it over with soon, but the other side says I'll miss the relaxing feeling while at work and it will be hard to get used to.

I've used kratom for a year straight and I'm not sure if I should spend 2 weeks or 4 weeks bringing myself off it. Like if I do it too quick, I'll probably go nutz at work without it.

Switch to making tea. Stop consuming massive quantities of dehydrating plant matter. I have a suspicion you're encountering side effects of chronic dehydration. It's just a hunch, but Kratom is massively dehydrating and drinking Kratom tea solves that issue. I cannot consume Kratom daily unless I make tea; the effects of dehydration take too much of a toll on my body.

I was hoping I could counter the dehydrating effects by consuming a lot of drinks. I drink at least 50 fl. oz. of fluid every day, just at work alone.

The website I am buying from stopped selling whole kratom tea leaves a long time ago, and switched to powder only.

Anyways, I need to stop kratom for a few months so I can do it again later, so my tolerance and drop. Oh yeah, and to give my body a break.

I'm using much less powdered kratom now, tapered down real slow.

Last edited: