• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Health Issues

boodha

Bluelighter
namely, what would they be if any ?

I have read a fair bit about Kratom(that i could find any way) and it really points to it being quite safe,

although i did read one person stating that it may have caused his brother Jaundice and very dark urine(liver problems ?)

and perhaps there is health issue relating to long term chronic use,

does anyone here no if there would be any toxic affects to say the liver with kratom use ?

in non habitual use is it quite safe ?

I have read if you have it more or less daily for an extended period of time ( I think this is more in the several years range) your face can develop a yellow pigment.

As for liver issues, you would have to go all out and even then, kratom is not going to be quick to mess with your liver. Tylenol is a bigger risk.

Non-habiltually kratom is a relatively safe drug compared to most other drugs discussed on here.

so this yellow pigment, im assuming this is caused by liver issues, or not ?

its seems pretty well documented, but im just sort of confused that it's not being linked to liver problems, dark urine and even dark stools ive read about,

im starting to wonder if this stuff is really that safe ?

there is a post here in trip reports where a user experienced what would be most likely hepatic symptoms,

but in my limited knowledge/search of this substance it just seems there is no information on possible risks of taking this stuff.

Kratom is a bit like a research chemical in the sense that it is very new to Western culture (and most cultures I know of) and therefore hasn't been researched thoroughly, if at all. But you are right about the side-effects you mentioned.

All I could find, from erowid.com:

Long term addicts become thin, their skin darkens, particularly in the face on both cheeks which gives an appearance similar to a hepatic face. Dryness in the mouth is common as well as frequent micturition and often constipation. Some mention that the faeces are black and tend to be small in shape similar to goat faeces (Norakarnphadung, 1968). Withdrawal symptoms include, for example, hostility, aggression, flow of tears, wet nose, inability to work, aching in the muscles and bones, jerky movement of the limbs. These are all typical symptoms of kratom addicts [And puppies - lol]

There can be additional problems with todays kratom users, due to the fact that the majority of them consume large amounts of leaf while the users in that study chewed on fresh leaves. It includes digestive problems, hard and large stool (sounds unpleasant, doesn't it?), and for people who use the toss-n-wash method of throwing powder in their mouth and sipping it down, powder can build up in the lungs.

Boys and girls, EVERYTHING goes through the liver...and in turn affects the kidneys as well. BE CAREFUL...and give it a rest/take a brake (I PROMISE you will not die from the withdrawl). Give yourself and your body a rest from that, please if your at that point.

As well YOU KNOW better than anybody how you feel...just listen to you body basically/pay attention to what the body tells you. Analyse (just with your eyes) your urine (as well as frequency and how it feels, for example: does it hold you back like opioids do (retention)....when I started using big time after about 40mg oxycodone without the Tylenol but with the Tylenol it's 2 times as bad, I would have a hard time urinating even sitting down and it would take about half hour). This means the kidneys are affected as well as the liver of course. As well when you take a shit, look at the feces.....see what colour it is, see if there is blood in it, see if it looks soft or hard (u can tell b/c if your constipated it usually comes out hard...and soft or liquid even in the case of diarreah). Look at your skin....that is an important indication too, follow up everyday and see any differences (pimples, etc).

It's for your own good....please do what you think is best/right for the health of your body. Trust me when I say that it's not worth loosing your health over something like Kratom (you know that just as well though).

does it hold you back like opioids

My urine isn't strong enough to hold me back!!

when I started using big time after about 40mg oxycodone

Not to dicksize here, but that's not remotely 'big time'- 1st time users can take that much without too much problem (it's a bit too high, though).

without the Tylenol but with the Tylenol it's 2 times as bad,

That's not true. Oxycodone is not hard on the body at all. "Two times as bad" is entirely made up. The tylenol can be hard on the liver, but not usually.

I would have a hard time urinating even sitting down and it would take about half hour). This means the kidneys are affected

No, actually it doesn't mean your kidneys are affected. It has nothing at all to do with they kidneys. Do you have any idea how your organs work? It goes kidney -> bladder -> out through the urethra. Once you have to pee, the kidney's don't have much to do with urinating. I don't know the exact mechanism behind delayed urination caused by opiates, but it has something to do with depressed central nervous system activity. It may be that when the CNS is depressed by opiates, a muscle in the process doesn't work quite correctly.

I don't personally think that's the cause, though. I think it's mental, to be honest. I have the same problem, and all it takes is sitting down, the fan on and maybe the water running to solve it. A book helps, too.

as well as the liver of course.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? What does urination have to do with the liver?

Opiates, including oxycodone, are about as benign as you can get.

As well when you take a shit, look at the feces.....see what colour it is, see if there is blood in it, see if it looks soft or hard (u can tell b/c if your constipated it usually comes out hard...and soft or liquid even in the case of diarreah).

Wow... This is getting moronic. The color of your feces has more to do with what you've eaten than anything. If you have blood in your feces, it's indicative of a problem not related to opiate use. If it's hard, you need to drink more water and take more fibre.

Look at your skin....that is an important indication too, follow up everyday and see any differences (pimples, etc).

What exactly do you hope to glean from looking at your skin every day? Pimples are indicative of anything related to toxicity. Nothing at all.

If you notice that your skin is yellowing, get help. If you've got pimples? Get ProActive, for fucks sake.

That entire post is moronic pseudoscience.

There's nothing to indicate that kratom is hepatoxic or renotoxic. It may be, but there's no research proving that. It's more likely that there's some other mechanism.

Ham-milton said:
That entire post is moronic pseudoscience.
Yes, some people seem to get a kick out of posting utter rubbish.

To return to kratom, I've just received my first consignment. Glad it made it through customs. It says "Kratom resin Bali 25g". I intend to take a hefty dose (the lot?) to be able fairly to assess this "legal high". Should I reckon with vomiting? I'm an easy vomiter on H or DXM, which are opiates. Maybe I should take one metoclopramide tablet to prevent that?

I always took Phenergan (promethazine) when I was on Kratom and it helped tremendously.

Yeah, xxl, those with a tendency to heave usually will with kratom.

Can I ask what country you live in that it had to pass through customs?

methadon3000 said:
Analyse (just with your eyes) your urine (as well as frequency and how it feels)

I have to discourage anyone from trying to feel their urine with their eyes. It's not safe.

Nickatina said:
Can I ask what country you live in that it had to pass through customs?
DE, stuff came from NL. Some packages get intercepted and checked.

xxl said:
Yes, some people seem to get a kick out of posting utter rubbish.

To return to kratom, I've just received my first consignment. Glad it made it through customs. It says "Kratom resin Bali 25g". I intend to take a hefty dose (the lot?) to be able fairly to assess this "legal high". Should I reckon with vomiting? I'm an easy vomiter on H or DXM, which are opiates. Maybe I should take one metoclopramide tablet to prevent that?

I had the worst urine retention ever on Kratom. Much worse than heroin or codeine. But then, I wasn't prepared for it at all; and I had taken a massive dose. (The woman who gave it to me told me it was about 6 grams. Unusually for me, i didn't weigh it. It was more like 16 grams).

I was in agony all night and woke up having pissed blood. Not much, but enough to scare the fucking shit out of me and stay away from opiates for a long time.

One problem with Kratom is that it isn't very standardised yet. Some leaf can contain a shit load of mytragyna speciosa, some not much. So, if you took 25 grams of the kind of shit i took, say goodbye to your bladder, and get thee to a hospital and get a catheter shoved down your cock.

Try 6 grams first.

Valis said:
So, if you took 25 grams of the kind of shit i took, say goodbye to your bladder, and get thee to a hospital and get a catheter shoved down your cock.

Try 6 grams first.
Thanks a lot bro, I'll do just that! I suppose I should also reckon with constipation.

I wonder whether when all is said and done so-called "legal highs" (including highs that are not even highs at all) do not kill or hurt more people than do hard drugs.

I have been taking Kratom daily for about a year now...but I take small doses.

I usaully end up taking about 15-20 grams a day.

I heard somebody say that tossing it your mouth might be worse for you than drinking the tea?? is that true? I dont feel bad after taking this stuff so is it harming me or not?

Well I spend about 100 bucks a month on it. Its not that bad.

Is the powder the same as the crushed leaf?

I like Kratom on an irregular basis. I find it very relaxing and it keeps me away from mj and booze.

It's not really a high as such, more a gentle sedation, depending on dosage.

The one main bitch I have with it is the rock hard compacted, oversized turds, which bust my friggin ringpeice. This on it's own prevents me from doing it every day. Not to mention the potential for addiction.

What the long term affects are though, I'll have to wait and see.

If you like Kratom, you'll love it!

I order 16oz for like 130 bucks....usaully take 2 teaspoons in the morning and two more in the afternoon....it gives me energy and relaxes me at the same time. Yes when I quit taking it I feell like I have a bad cold- muscles ache...but its not horrible. I think a kilo is 200.

I think the key is to eat alot of friut so the turds dont get to hard....but yeah that is one side effect.

I just got some crushed leaf so I can have a glass of tea every now and then. The powder is much easier though.

I just dont want to harm my liver....is it supposed to be bad? Ive been using it for about 15 months now and I feel fine.