• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lithium Carbonate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im no expert on the subject, but from what i know, Lithium is a mood stabilizer, im pretty sure it is not used to treat psychotic episodes, i say that b/c my ex- fiance turned out to be schizophrenic, (bad bad situation), and he does take lithium as a mood stabilizer, but is prescribed other meds as his antipsychotic. What I do know forsure is that it is not something to toy around with. I'd hate for something to happen to you, so please, take this advice. :)

Aeon Psyche said:
There is a way of getting high on anti-psychotics. I just confirmed this substance's it's activity myself. But I'm always on a new variety of stuff so I'll try this stuff again later just to smake sure it does or does not have effects.
No, I'm not presribed the drug but it might help my condition. I did ask for interactions. You telling us not to dose psychedelics for some reason is quitte offtopic.

People, why so unfriendly to little mr Lithium? :D

Unless youve got bipolar don't bother with lithium. It's certainly not a fun drug same way as valproate ain't a fun drug. Neither are anti-psychotics for that matter only a person who has never had any recreational substances would think these drugs are fun.

Ive taken divalproex (a valproate), lamictal, seroquel and risperidone (both atypical anti-psychotics) for bipolar disorder and they are not fun. They just level you off when your fucked from bipolar.

Lithium is one of the only 2 true mood stabilizers on the market the other being lamictal the rest are anti-manic agents. Ive been thinking about adding it to my lamictal to help control my bipolar (either that or seroquel again) and none of these damn drugs have any fun potential at all.

Lithium is likely to kill you if you try to get high off it (which you won't) because you need to have blood tests to monitor the blood levels of this drug very closely. Need anymore convincing it ain't fun?

My good friend was on lithium for a few months. He said it was like a chemical lobotomy. I owuld not cut out brainchunks for recreation. BAAAAD MEDICINE

Aeon Psyche said:
It's not anti-psychotic? What class does it fall in? And my original questions remain untill someone with the right knowledge answers them.

hey man you know what your right, lithium is a great high, while your at it try getting fucked up off aleve like another poster asked. at least when everyone basically told him he was an idiot he listened.

maybe you could smoke some xanax, inject some pot, or get fucked up off some really hard core aciphex!!

your a fucking tool if you think you can get high off these, generally im not so mean about shit like this, but you dont seem to GET THE POINT. and when he said not to dose psych he meant WHILE ON LITHIUM b/c it can often cause grand mal seizures. have fun being an ignorant arogant ass.

Meh..Some people say phenobarbital has no recreational value. Combined with others I think that it is rather nicely instead of just havin a zombie-character. I just want to explore a bigger amount of psychoactives as a hobby. I didn't ask it was any fun but thanks for the heads up.

I am schizophrenic and so would have other use for it.

Mad Dash said:
hey man you know what your right, lithium is a great high, while your at it try getting fucked up off aleve like another poster asked. at least when everyone basically told him he was an idiot he listened.

maybe you could smoke some xanax, inject some pot, or get fucked up off some really hard core aciphex!!

your a fucking tool if you think you can get high off these, generally im not so mean about shit like this, but you dont seem to GET THE POINT. and when he said not to dose psych he meant WHILE ON LITHIUM b/c it can often cause grand mal seizures. have fun being an ignorant arogant ass.

I'm already on the stuff so it's hard to put words back into my mouth and these drugs out of my digestive system. And do you think if I got to lithium I never made it past aleve?

I'm not a tool. I don't take kindly to insults. And thank you for bringing to my attention that psyches mixed lithium is dangerous. Do you think mda falls under this category? And don't be ignorant to me, ok. I'm only here to learn about drugs and ask for advice and chill on them.

What exactly is a mal seizure?

Aeon Psyche said:
I'm already on the stuff so it's hard to put words back into my mouth and these drugs out of my digestive system. And do you think if I got to lithium I never made it past aleve?

I'm not a tool. I don't take kindly to insults. And thank you for bringing to my attention that psyches mixed lithium is dangerous. Do you think mda falls under this category? And don't be ignorant to me, ok. I'm only here to learn about drugs and ask for advice and chill on them.

listen man if you were here to learn about drugs, you would listen to these people.

mda is a psych, so ya i would NOT mix it. i know you already have according to your other thread, but i hope you come out okay.

it is not about it not being 'fun' it has ZERO recreational use. my reason for bringing up aleve is because it will get you about as high as that. and could seriously kill you if you mix it with other drugs. please for your own sake DONT USE THIS.

and google grand mal.

:D
Mad Dash said:
listen man if you were here to learn about drugs, you would listen to these people.

mda is a psych, so ya i would NOT mix it. i know you already have according to your other thread, but i hope you come out okay.

it is not about it not being 'fun' it has ZERO recreational use. my reason for bringing up aleve is because it will get you about as high as that. and could seriously kill you if you mix it with other drugs. please for your own sake DONT USE THIS.

and google grand mal.

I would have listened if they answered quiker. Aleve gets you high with no recreational potentional? I didn't know it was active like that xD

And thanks for worrying about my life. %)

drscience said:
My good friend was on lithium for a few months. He said it was like a chemical lobotomy. I owuld not cut out brainchunks for recreation. BAAAAD MEDICINE

Some people say the same thing about seroquel or divalproex the old chemical lobotomy thing. Id try it to see if it would help my bipolar any. Anything is better then suffering from this.

Aeon Psyche said:
:D

I would have listened if they answered quiker. Aleve gets you high with no recreational potentional? I didn't know it was active like that xD

And thanks for worrying about my life. %)
Use whatever you have left up there (your brain). You must "ASK YOUR QUESTIONS FIRST" .... THEN.... do the recommended drug dose(s)!

Which seems safer? Using a bunch of substances you obviously have no clue about, or how they interact with one another, then ask if it was safe after consuming them?

OR

Asking which substances are safe to use in combination with one another, and how much you should take of each BEFORE actually consuming anything?

The choice is yours my friend. Be careful, and think first next time. You'll get positive results.

Aeon Psyche said:
Ever lost conciousness for a couple minutes then you wake up in your own vomit, with people around you telling you that you were spazzing out on the ground shaking violently?
That's what a grand mal seizure is.

I was in a bad mood until I read this post, I then laughed my ass off. Thank you.

Have you done this drug, if so, what are your thoughts on it?

I was on lithium carbonate in 1984. It stabilizes your mood marvelously if you are bipolar or have impulse control issues. However, you also need regular bloodwork, since the therapeutic and toxic levels are very, very close. And it requires a couple weeks before your blood levels get high enough to have any therapeutic effect, so it has no recreational potential.

Overall, I found it far more satisfactory for the purpose than major tranquilizers: it didn't cause any kind of mental fog, tardive dyskinesia or other side effects. (Some people reported it made their hands tremble, but that never happened to me). But the regular bloodwork is a pain in the ass, and is really not optional. Plus, of course, it is not patented and so pharmaceutical companies have no reason to promote it. So I don't think it's all that widely used anymore.

There is a way of getting high on anti-psychotics. I just confirmed this substance's it's activity myself. But I'm always on a new variety of stuff so I'll try this stuff again later just to smake sure it does or does not have effects.
No, I'm not presribed the drug but it might help my condition. I did ask for interactions. You telling us not to dose psychedelics for some reason is quitte offtopic.

People, why so unfriendly to little mr Lithium? :D

You CANNOT (well, you should not: you can do anything you'd like) use lithium without medical supervision. If you do, you're going to get into a whole bunch of trouble when your blood levels go into the toxic zone. Trust me on this: I'm no great fan of the psychiatric industry, and I can definitely sympathize with someone trying to take control of their medical regimen. But lithium is not the drug you want to use for that.

my sister once had a bottle of lithium she got from her friend with bipolar and she said she always got really high from it... she does a lot of other drugs so she usually knows what she's talking about but when i looked it up, i found out it's supposed to have no recreational value and be dangerous. i told her that but she wouldn't believe me and was convinced that you could get high from it. i wanted to try but it sounded too dangerous... so maybe it only affects certain people in a positive way or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.