• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lithium Carbonate

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a very good reason why this drug requires regular bloodwork when physicians prescribe it as a mood stabilizer. It is not a drug that you "do" in the sense of a recreational drug, and it is nothing to fuck with. I'm aware that there are now some Lithium preparations being sold as "supplements", and that frankly scares the pants off me. If you are asking about a medication you are prescribed, talk to your doc, or there are lots of good websites out there, if you are asking about using Lithium to get high, please put that thought out of your mind, first of all, it will do nothing of the sort, second of all, it could be very dangerous.

Lithium gets you high. What we seek in a drug is for every person individual. You tell me not to fuck with this drug? What is so bad about? You must have some knowledge about this stuff if you formulate your sentence like that.
And yes, drug-use can be dangerous and is one of the reasons bluelight exists.

Would mixing with GVL be a good idea?

Lithium has no appreciable psychoactive effect except in bipolar individuals, in which case it acts as a mood stabilizer. Hardly a "high."

What's so bad about it? Nothing, if used in a clinically appropriate way, and part of clinically appropriate use is regular checks of blood lithium levels to make sure that toxic levels aren't being breached.

Google "lithium toxicity" and decide if it sounds like a good time. Hint: if you are getting euphoria off lithium you are already in the red zone.

Have you done this drug, if so, what are your thoughts on it?

I haven't used it personally, but I know a little about it. It is one of the oldest medicines given to people to control mania. It is a mood stabilizer, and it is not used to treat acute symptoms, meaning you must take it for an extended period of time before it starts working. Typically, it takes one to three weeks for the drug to even begin working. Due to a large number of nasty side effects it has long been replaced by other medicines that are safer and better at treating symptoms. It is not a recreational drug!! You will almost certainly find the effects unpleasant, and when given without steady monitoring by a doctor you are putting yourself in danger.

Please do not take this looking to get high. If you are interested in it as a long term treatment for controlling your mental disorder, there are other medicines you'd be better off trying first. Either way, you'd need to talk to a doctor because these aren't drugs to be taken lightly.

read more here
http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-l02.html

(if anything I said is false plz someone correct me)

How about mixing the previous mentioned with ethylcathinone and diethylcathinone? Has that ever been done?

You're not getting the picture, are you?

If you want some harm reduction advice, stay away from Lithium unless you're taking at according to a doctor's orders and getting regular blood work. There's no safe way to get high off lithium because, well, there's no way to get high off lithium.

Are you prescribed lithium and asking if there are interactions with the drugs you listed?

In that case, not that I know of, but you're probably blazing new ground, so be careful. BTW don't dose psychedelics. Bad news.

Otherwise, once more, stay away from Lithium.

I'm not a pharmacist or doctor, but I think lithium is "outdated" as a treatment, and defenitly not a great idea for recreation. I would think as a mood stabalizer youd be better with a SSRI or some such, but i don't really know what i'm talken about:)

There is a way of getting high on anti-psychotics. I just confirmed this substance's it's activity myself. But I'm always on a new variety of stuff so I'll try this stuff again later just to smake sure it does or does not have effects.
No, I'm not presribed the drug but it might help my condition. I did ask for interactions. You telling us not to dose psychedelics for some reason is quitte offtopic.

People, why so unfriendly to little mr Lithium? :D

SSRI's are not mood stabilizers. Other options for the treatment of bipolar d/o include atypical antipsychotics and antiseizure medications. Lithium is still a viable alternative though.

I am not unfriendly to Lithium. It is good for what it is prescribed for (BTW, it is *not* an anti-psychotic). Using other than according to medical treatment is very dangerous. Now, I'm done here, unless you have a specific question.

SomeKindaLove said:
I am not unfriendly to Lithium. It is good for what it is prescribed for (BTW, it is *not* an anti-psychotic). Using other than according to medical treatment is very dangerous. Now, I'm done here, unless you have a specific question.

It's not anti-psychotic? What class does it fall in? And my original questions remain untill someone with the right knowledge answers them.

It's an anti-manic. It's a mineral salt for fucks sake. It's not an organic compound, even.

It cannot be abused in any sense of the word. If you're getting high off of it, you're getting into a very dangerous place- it'd be producing those effects by poisoning you.

A very, very bad idea.

either of the cathinones would be fine with GBL or whatever GHB analogue you were talking about above.

Lithium's mode of action is unlike any other drug on the market.

I'll have to try again later sometime with this stuff alone just to be sure It's not one of the other 10 ish substance I've used in the last 24 hours that is giving me effects. I thought I had an understanding about lithium, that it is recreationally used but little because of lack of interesting affects or something. I'll have to read some more. Thanks for telling me that ghb ish substances are safe to combine with the cathinone family. But I'll still try to play it safe using stuff I can find so only little about.

I mean, it'll sedate you a little, but it feels more like a poison than anything.

I was on Lithium Carbonate for a few months for severe treatment resistant depression. I had to have my blood tested every week, because the therapeutic level is so close to the the toxic (lethal) level. My mother was on it for a while as well to treat her bipolar disorder, she also had to have weekly blood tests, and at least one the level was too high and she had to be hospitalised.

There's no high. It can make you feel like a bit of a zombie, but not good in any way at all. It really is a dangerous drug to be messing around with. You need to be under medical supervision with blood tests. There's some more info about lithium carbonate here http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/lithium_ids.htm Eskalith is a brand name for Lithium Carbonate.

It really is beyond me why you would be messing around with dangerous shit that doesn't give you a high. Try a good old fashioned drug like smack or crack :)

^ agreed! I was on Lithium myself, and it is not something you want to fuck around with. There is a reason individuals who are taking it have to have their blood tested weekly, once you reach a certain point the level of it in your blood becomes toxic, from what im aware of, and i also agree that it cannot be used for recreational purposes, from what i remember, it was quite an unpleasurable feeling, hence me switching my script. honestly, if you dont have bi-polar disorder or whatever else it is perscribed for, you really shouldnt take it. I agree with Vanth, there are plenty other drugs to take.

LithiumBarbieDoll said:
^ agreed! I was on Lithium myself, and it is not something you want to fuck around with. There is a reason individuals who are taking it have to have their blood tested weekly, once you reach a certain point the level of it in your blood becomes toxic, from what im aware of, and i also agree that it cannot be used for recreational purposes, from what i remember, it was quite an unpleasurable feeling, hence me switching my script. honestly, if you dont have bi-polar disorder or whatever else it is perscribed for, you really shouldnt take it. I agree with Vanth, there are plenty other drugs to take.

And if not recreationally, it can be usefull for people with schizophrenia and psychotic episodes, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.