• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth - long term effects (appetite & sleep)

whoever is feeling "burned out" after MDMA use: Have you ever tried taking low doses and enjoying the night? That always helped me when i felt like my brain came out the deep fryer the next day =D

me and my partner were heavily dependent for nearly 2 yrs. I agree after a while what you consider 'normal' does start to change. Ur living in a state thats always charged. After a while i got a little para, doubting my psychological state. I was convinced I was in total control of my habit when obviously outsiders could see I was fukd. Paranoia also really sets in wen ur sleep deprived - hallucination and psychosis (hearing/seeing things). Lack of sleep means ur mind and body dont get enough recovery time.

Wen ur body is tired but ur mind is racing, sometimes its bc uv taken a little too much. Ur heart rate/ blood pressure is so high that the blood cells cant carry as much oxygen around your body as easily, and your body might feel exhausted. Ppl make the mistake of burning more meth, thinking it'll pick up their tired energy. I don't recommend taking drugs ontop of drugs, but I've used benzos or weed before to slow my metabolism down. It works as a temp thing.

Dependency happens easily wen weekend parties start rolling over into weekdays. Ppl take a few hits to get thru the week. It's so easy to slip. B4 u know it weekends here again.. If u think abt it, thats abt 4 days out of a week that ur on it. THe longer ur dependent on it, the harder it is for ur body to adjust. For me it takes a whole week to feel half decent after a 2-3 day bender, a month before i stop feeling cranky. Eat properly, drink water, sleep. Wen u feel flat, try to eat chocolate, masturbate, work out- these things increase serotonin levels n make u feel better.

I think if u read widely on it, ul have a better understanding of what it does to your body and mind. THat way ul know how to watch out for urself. It is ultimately your choice. If u wish to enjoy the beautiful rush and fantastic broadening of the mind.. then be well prepared to handle the comedown.

My meth use has gone up and down over the years - down to almost none lately - but yeah, when you use a lot, it's like you get sort of permanently jacked up, and not in a fun way.

I agree about carbs. I never want to eat when I'm on meth - one of the attractions for me, be high and lose weight! But make yourself, really. It helps.

I have used benzos to sleep, but be careful you don't develop a parallel addiction there.

Just ignore the "you should just quit, man" crap. You cannot say the word meth around here without people losing their freakin minds. I think you can use responsibly, but it's a strong drug and you need to stay ahead of it. I agree 100% with Tytan, that if you wanna use something as powerful as meth, you have to do REALLY good self-care to balance it out.

Are you taking supplements? There's a ton of stuff here about supplements that's very helpful.

Are you getting a healthy amount of exercise? Seriously, man, a regular workout routine will help keep your mind and body more balanced, it really makes a huge difference for me.

If you want to do meth and not get into trouble, you have to have rules, and taking extra-extra-good care of your body in other ways has to be one of them. You're 18 now - I'm 41, and trust me, your body's ability to throw off the unpleasant side effects will never be greater than it is right now. If you want to grow up to be a healthy old speed freak, you need to create good habits now.