• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mixing uppers and downers(SPEEDBALLING!)

Chef ketamine

Bluelighter
I am becoming pretty upset w/the ignorance here about speedballing or mixing uppers/downers, there seems to be a false belief that taking an upper and downer together stresses the heart. Well guess what?! That is not a real danger of speedballing. The heart during speedballing usually does not beat fast or slow. The two drugs nuetralizes the effect and the heart beats at a normal rate. Believe it or not. So how do people die on speedballs, heres an example. SNL comedian shoots a speedball. He deciedes that he doesnt really feel the dope that much and bangs somemore. Sniffs some coke, shoots alil more dope. 45 min later snl comedians coke high wears off. Unfortunate for him his heroin high is still going strong. So the coke crash and the fact that he just shot 2x the amount of dope that he can handle, under usual circumstances. Causes him to stop brathing. Now he's dead. In case u didnt get it, cocaine lasts about 30min(if your lucky),dope lasts a few hours. If u do too much dope while on coke, the coke wears off and u just did too much dope, your dead!. SO u see the effect on your heart is the least of your problems. THe more u speedball, the more chance of doing "this" and that makes u likely to die...Not your heart being stressed by an upper/+downer. I hope this clears things up.
------------------
Im NO greenlighter, my old id wont work! so RESPECT ME!

First, the term "speedball" refers to the IV use of heroin and cocaine (or meth) .. poping some Valium and Adderall is NOT a speedball.. poping a few Vicodin and a line of coke is NOT a speedball.. just to clear that up..
Secondly, if you "die from a speedball" then cardiac arrest is usually the cause - if you overdose on heroin, then the heroin killed you, not "the speedball" .. what causes the great stress on your heart is when you take a POWERFULL CNS stimulant or depressant, THEN throw in a drug that totally negates those cardiac effects.. but your reason makes sense - just like how most heroin addicts die after taking a break then going back to their normal dose..
Yes, the risk is, in fact, low - a healthy young adult could probably survive a speedball.. it is, however, one of *the* most dangerous ways to use drugs - I don't like to encourage it because the risk is greater from a speedball then most any other drug combo..
------------------
# unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

PhreeX,
I beg to differ on your speedball definition. While it is not a "true" SB, pills can give one a mild SB effect. Like say 40 millies of OC and a couple lines will give you, while not a true speedball, similar effects. I do agree that valium and adderall is not a speed ball, but sub in 20-30 millies of OC for the valium and voila, you have concocted a "pharmaceutical" speedball, if you will. IMO, that is. I have never done a "true" speedball, but the feeling I have gotten from OC's and cola has to be pretty close. I realize you guys know your terms, just thought I'd throw my couple of pennies in the basket.
1love
Bombay

Snorting a few pills doesn't offer the same stress on your heart as you get from injecting a fat rig of smack then kkcing your heart into high gear with a fat rig of coke... so yeah, there is no real risk in railing a few OC's after munching some Addie's .. but ok, since many are needle shy, we can amend "speedball" to include any combo of narcotics and a strong CNS stimulant - either cocaine or an amphetamine though, 'Red Bull' any ANYTHING will never make for a "speedball" ..
------------------

I mention heart stress from mixing uppers and downers quite a bit.
No, it probably won't kill you right then.
Yes, you will likely suffer from heart disease or cardiac arrest or something similar at an early age long after you've stopped using drugs.
At any rate, my friends got some good dope from Baltimore last night. They were using glass to keep from nodding out while driving. Seemed pretty effective. To tell you the truth, I can't stand riding with my one friend when he was sober, but he was actually driving better last night than usual. That's there thing though. I'm not into mixing crap like that. I always get sick and my breathing gets messed up.

I'm still planning on doing this...I had everything ready last weekend...but my bastard trip sitter never came over.
So I did all the smack and sold the coke.
biggrin.gif

If/when I get some friends, I'll try it again.
wink.gif

If u know anything about the medical field drs always prescribe meds, then prescribe other meds to counter act the side effects of drugs, this is basics in interal medicine.For instance juciceheads take meds to counteract there sideeffects, cold medicines usually contain stimulants(pseudoephedrine) and downers (antihistamines). and u never see any warnings about mixing the 2. more importantly no one has died from this mix, and lastly you probably do more damage to your heart doing large quantities of stimulants, and when taking large quantities of downers, your "breathing" stops way before your heart does, cns depressants depress the part of your brain that control breathing. The only effective way to depress heart function is by blood pressure meds (antihypertensives) not cns depressant, surely they do have an effect on the cardiovascular sys. but not to any real degree. Thats why people dont take benzos or opiates for high blood pressure they take blood press. meds. "THIS" is why "speedballing" or mixing upper/downers cannot cause cardiac arrest. And PHREEX!, if you look on the death certificate of anyone who died of a speedballing(J.Bilushi etc.)it states the cause of death as drug overdoes, check it out if u dont believe me.
------------------
Im NO greenlighter, my old id wont work! so RESPECT ME!

yes, i am curious about the whole NEGATIVE effects mixing UPPERS/DOWNERS can have on your HEART...i've never done a SPEEDBALL, but for the past few months, i have taken EPHEDRINE before i workout, then after im finished, i crush up and drink about 30 mgs of OXYCONTIN..this is a VERY GOOD feeling to say the least, but i have wondered how bad this is for my HEART??i am in decent shape(CARDIO-WISE)all you knowledgable peeps out there can fil me in!!
yeah, its almost become a nECESSITY after i take 20 mgs or more of OXY to take some type of SPEEDER along with it, cuz if i don't, i usually get too laid back and damn near PASS OUT..

why the fuck do you type like that?
------------------
fake thugs, no love, you get the slug.

^^^^
lol
------------------
*cassidy*
aim: xoxcassidyxox
"the purpose of words is to convey a message--after the idea is grasped, the words are forgotten--where is a man who forgot all the words? it is he who i wish to speak to"

ATTENTION: Bry Guy killed this thread.... hope no one was interested in it, because thanks to Bry Guy and his lame ass typing WHERE he feels the need TO capitolize random words in HIS post, someone SIMPLY questioned him ON it as MANY of us have done, YET Bry DECIDED to give one OF his USUAL dick replies ...
Bry, why the fuck don't you just type normal? You don't seem to understand why you capitolize certin word to emphisize them, not just whatever wordsyou feel like... I have asked you nicely via e-mail, I have asked you nicely via the board, now others are simply asking a question and you had to snap back...
If anyone is angry that Bry killed this thread, please direct some *kinda words* to him (please CC the mail to me as well) .. if enugh people (say, 3) contact him, I will begin to edit all of his posts ... I will also re-open this and answer a few of the questions...
Sorry, Bry forced my hand!
EDIT - his e-mail address is [email protected], mine (to CC the letter to) is [email protected]
------------------
[This message has been edited by PhreeX (edited 19 September 2001).]