• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Do I Have An Abscess?

Numb= nerve compression/destruction...

If your skin feels "real tight" (like it could split open)....go to the doctor ASAP.

You're right at the juncture where nerve damage starts rolling.
If you catch it right away, you may only need strong IV antibiotics....if you don't....well, let's not go there right yet...

How is your wrist?

my left wrist is right where it ends. the pain starts at like middle way through all my fingers to the very beginning of my wrist. im putting alot of faith in you, especially since you are a moderator. should i go to the ER when i wake up tomorrow? its 6am here right now and havent slept yet,

holy shit dude.... shooting meth is the most dangerous drug IMO to shoot, because if you miss, shit like this (or much worse) can happen.

go to the ER immediately dude, please!!

has the pain gotten better or worse ? what about the swelling? get medical attention ASAP dude... you don't want to have to get anything amputated (not that you'll have to, but it's always a possibility and seeing a doctor ASAP could rule that out and relieve a great deal of anxiety for you, not to mention helping your body stay functional and quasi-healthy.

please man, go to the ER now. dont worry about the money, that is the least of your worries right now... or at least it should be.

is there any possibility this is something else besides compartment syndrome? ive had my arms and hands swell before. when i use to bang tar in my right hand sometimes id miss and it would sting like shit and then swell for like a week. its never gotten this big before ir with puss, im assuming its because of the crystal?

any possibility this will just get smaller and gio away like my missed smack sho ts.

Yes...yes...yes.
Yes. Go to the ER. No question.
Check my profile...I'm in the "bedside manner" business, if you know what I mean... ;)
Yeah, your wrist is where it stops, for now...another 8-12hrs. and it could be creeping up your forearm... :\

Remember, compartment syndrome can be caused by a number of factors. You don't HAVE to tell them that you IV'ed meth. It can be caused by blunt force trauma, falling, etc...if you catch it now, you might just walk out with some doxycycline & a follow up.

Don't wait....CS is some sneaky shit.

p.s. Thanks to your wisdom in providing us with a great picture of it. That helps greatly.
No, I would say that that is the beginning of compartment syndrome, no doubt.
Textbook (thanks to the pics).

Last edited:
ya shooting meth sucks. im never doing it again no matter what. i just thought it was dangerous cus of the OD issues i didnt know about the other shit

ya if im losing my future credit and financial status i better get some daimn pills out of it. only thing is i take suboxone like around 8mg a day, only done it the last 5 days or so, just used it to get off painkillers. last time i dosed was 12mg sublingual and 4mg insaflation. i have some leftover dilaudid and like 3 weak vicodine left. since im on the suboxone am i forced not to use painkillers? im over physical wd's, im hoping i just need to take more painkillers than normal but it will atleast help.

this really sucks. when it first happened i just felt the sting, and for the rest of the night it got super super itchy. it didnt get worse till prolly like 15 hours later

Last edited by a moderator:
dude go to this PDF file immediately...

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu9xsS...nnals.edu.sg/pdf/34VolNo9200510/V34N9p575.pdf

its what happened when some people IV'd subutex .... may give you an idea what could potentially happen with your hand... PLEASE man go!!!

if you want PK's don't mention you're on suboxone... b/c if you say take it you wont get shit, and you probably wont anyhow cuz they'll know its from shooting meth... but i guess you should tell the doc u take sub.... i guess... if i were you i wouldn't but thats just me.

Yep, 15hrs. is smack dab in the middle of the onset of nerve damage...

Don't wait. At all. Zip, zilch, nada. No time.

I think Phrozen, Enoughorangejuice?, and I have told you what we'd be doing in this situation. Soo....go....yesterday.

p.s. You could probably wait a COUPLE of hours (at most), just to come down a little, but I wouldn't go much longer...

welll if i take alot of paikillers worst thing that can happen is it doesnt work right? it wollnt put me through WD'S since im off opiates now and have been for awhile. not addicted to subuxone either.

i really dont want to tell them it was from iv meth, i want to say i punched a wall. what would be the best excuse to give them yet not fucking up there diagnoses and treatment of me?

if you have some benzos or PK's take a little for your crash and get to the ER immediately, you don't have a couple hours or even an hour, this needs IMMEDIATE medical attention, please man!

In the words of the immortal Hunter S. Thompson, "Buy the ticket- take the ride."
Live and learn, you know. You're lucky- some people have to learn the hard way... ;)

This is ridiculous. You're mentioning every excuse you could think of to delay your trip to the ER.

Do you not value your health? Your hand?

You shouldn't be thinking about anything else besides getting this taken care of ASAP.

^^ he's paranoid cuz he's crashing from meth ... he is going to the E.R. i'm talkig to him right now... he's just trying to figure out if he should take any PK's before he goes...

snowblowjoe said:
i really dont want to tell them it was from iv meth, i want to say i punched a wall. what would be the best excuse to give them yet not fucking up there diagnoses and treatment of me?

This thread is moving pretty fast for my broken ass to type like I used to, but if you go back to the first page, at the end, I kind of gave you some ideas about that situation.
Instead of "punching" a wall, maybe you hammerfisted, or backfisted something (NOT someone), or something large that wouldn't leave specific marks fell on your hand...
...as you can see it's a sticky situation, but not impossible.

Your mission: come down a bit- then off to the ER with you....PLEASE don't ignore this!

i due value my health phrozen. ive just been jaded from years of invincibility from injecting drugs, also i know this will fuck my credit for life and i was in the process of being a real estate investor and buying my own house. so this is a pretty huge decision for me

^ your life/health is more important than anything. and it won't fuck your credit up for life. dont worry about the money man, that's the last thing you need to be thinking about now.

Really. Seeing that pic.... you should go to whatever ER is nearest you, immediately. Do not wait another hour, another minute, another second. Go get the treatment your hand so dearly needs!!!

Yes.... that means NOW man! Go!!