• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Do I Have An Abscess?

Ok. I cleaned up a little bit.

Keep the flaming and criticism out...

have you tried taking a simple benadryl to maybe relieve some allergic symptopms and lower the histamine release ? Maybe the lotion?
If i were you i would have seen a doc precisely right now!

oh man this thread is bonkers!! hope you get better man but honestly if u are honest w. the doc he will know whats really wrong and more likely be able to cure you.

ive tried benadrl didnt work. i was honest with dr. only reason why i didnt get x ray was cus he said the only purpose of the xray was to prove i didnt break any bones. he knew i was concerned about heat, infection, fluid, etc.
it was labeled a contusion

Like I said....a contusion would explain it well enough to cover your ass.
...Did he draw blood? Did he test the interior of the wound for any infection present? Did he measure the actual pressure inside the compartment (this would be a definitive answer)?
Did he give you any antibiotics (doxycycline is usually a god one to start with)?

From what I hear you saying is that you thought it would be fine...but now it seems to be getting worse...spreading up your wrist, into your arm...it's textbook, man.

If you just told the doc that you think it's infected in the interior, he'd be on it.
It's a closed "compartment"...where do you you think it's going to go?

I'm not trying to be a dick- I wouldn't be here if I was... :\

And, I'm sorry, but this is a perfect example of harm reduction, and I also would like to see it stay. You really could help a lot of people, who might end up in the same situation, by sharing your story.

Go back to the doc, and just tell him you think it's infected.

You are a brave soul by starting this thread...it takes a lot to man up and ask for help...

Last edited:
center said:
It shows how impossible it is to help you.

You refused a doctor's order. So what if you knew it wasn't broken. You do as the doctor says.

How's your hand now? Is it numbing and tingling?

You know, you're in some trouble dude.

Leave the fucking guy alone man, he KNEW his hand wasent broken and didnt want to pay for an X-Ray that the doctor probably just wanted to do to make $$$, Fuck That, Iam in his situation i dont have cash and dont want to fuck up my credit, Some of us dont have cash saved up or people to pay for our medical Hospital Visits.................................

i did tell him i thought it might be infected, i told him about the small bumps and water that would ooze out and spreading, he repeatedly squeezed my hand and pinched it, said it wasnt an infection and that the ooze wasnt puss it was just normal fluid. no tests no anti biotics no nothing. so ya i was feeling ok and it hasnt gotten worse but it has spread since the start so im going to the dr's tomorrow. it might not be compartment syndrome but it might be an abscess. i dont feel it getting better so im almost positive its going to need leaked or however u deal with abscesses. the ER dr didnt do shit tho, no tests or anti biotics. all he wanted was an xray to prove it wasnt broken and thats it. he was confident it wasnt an infection by looking at it closely and squeezing it etc etc. and he said i would be in extreme pain if it was compartment syndrome.

thanks soundpharm. im hoping i get anti biotics tomorrow or get my hand drained or something. its stabilized but i dont want to take any more chances. and basically i dont have a left hand right now it sucks.

i don't want to nag, but i want another picture.
Just to see the progress of your hand, and maybe to intimidate everybody who ever wants to shoot meth again.

Please, can i get another pic :) <3 ?

And, I'm sorry, but this is a perfect example of harm reduction, and I also would like to see it stay. You really could help a lot of people, who might end up in the same situation, by sharing your story.
Exactly. That's why I offered to help him with what he was trying to do by removing the information he wanted gone.

I really do hope this sticks around and hope that he follows through posting updates.

i will post updates and will take a pic. my hand actually looks alot better then the first pic but yesterday it was pretty bad. my hand still looks bad i will do a close up pic tomorrow. and yes i think this thread should stay open cus if i would have known i would have been much more cautious with meth.

i was so jaded from years and years of injecting that i thought nothing would happen cus i knew how to do it and even if something did happen id be able to fix it in time. but meth keeps u up for days if u dont have sedatives and by the 4th day i sware to god i saw blood go in the needle and the needle registered but obviously it didnt.

Sorry mate but I think your an idiot, you lied to the doctor and after countless people telling you to go to the ER/doc you were still asking the same question "when should I go to the doctor?" If one person had have said "nah, dont worry you'll be fine" What would you have done?

I realise im being harsh here but IMHO you did something really stupid and made an ass of yourself for waiting so long to get treatment. You cant expect people to help you if you arent honest and wanting to help yourself.

Call me a dimwitted fool but at least I have respect for myself and given the choice of life with debt or death Id choose life with debt.

Last edited:
Agreed, but there's no need to say so now. I think he understands that as well. Fear of losing a career or job or whatever else has gotten people to do dumber things to keep drug use secret.

Yeah, well im very glad to hear you wont be shooting any more meth snowblojoe, puts a smile to my face. Hope you stay safe.

Did he say that?

do you really think that it'll happen? I've said I'll quit using Soma, but I haven't (Until I run out!)

snowblowjoe said:
thanks soundpharm. im hoping i get anti biotics tomorrow or get my hand drained or something. its stabilized but i dont want to take any more chances. and basically i dont have a left hand right now it sucks.

No problem...that's what I'm here for...thanks for sharing/listening...for real.

You should keep us posted on how you're doing...

Ham-milton said:
Did he say that?

do you really think that it'll happen? I've said I'll quit using Soma, but I haven't (Until I run out!)

i really hope from the bottom of my heart that that was a lesson for all of us :) No more shooting them shards in hands please. Not that i was about to try it ever, but now i will make sure i never will.

Now a pic maybe :) <3 ?

Abscesses are usually white, tender to the touch, and inflamed. A dab of bleach and getting it underneath and inside the abscess will usually kill the infection.

specialrelativity said:
A dab of bleach and getting it underneath and inside the abscess will usually kill the infection.

holly shit, that's gotta hurt 8o
Then again, shoot some more dope and the pain won't be as apparent. No, i am not serious ;)

I would see a doc with an abscess of that size. If the pimple in the face gets infected again okay, then maybe some bleach-magic, but i normally stick to polysporin and some alcohol wipes, and it's fine in 2 - 3 days. The few times i've ever shot (or rather had someone else hit me) all i got was a little bruise and some swelling that went away within the same hour. I guess i was lucky. Then, i wasn't shooting meth, and it was IV not IM. Funny that every time i get an IV in the hospital i end up with bruises the size of matchbooks. They can't do it right and one time i actually stuck the needle in myself. should have seen the nurse when i told her i prefer to do that myself. Then again, i had no bruise. God i love the little sting you get from sticking needles in your body. That is one of the reasons why i stay a mile away from all the needles out there. I will end up hopelessly poked-and-addicted if i ever start using a needle.

Klick to see what happens to people like him if they continue, but be warned, it's slightly gross and disturbing.

Last edited: