• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Do I Have An Abscess?

MODERATOR--i cant figure out how to delete my thread post, would u be able to do it for me? thanx

im fine. if it doesnt go down in 2 or 3 days i might have some problems but for now its just fluid thats making the hand looks swollen. its aight.

that is just insane. That picture actually scares me... I never want to shoot meth. wow. Why ask for help, then when every single fucking person tells you to go to the hospital , you say no. Look at that sick hand.

wow man this makes me never want to shoot up anything ever.

drunken_etard said:
that is just insane. That picture actually scares me... I never want to shoot meth. wow. Why ask for help, then when every single fucking person tells you to go to the hospital , you say no. Look at that sick hand.
Yeah, this is pretty fucking ridiculous. GO TO THE FUCKING DOCTOR!!! A lot of long time posters/well educated users have posted the same. Do you like your hand? Do you want to keep it? Do you value your life? I've been around a lot of long time IV drug users and seen a lot of horrendous abcesses and infections from injecting. I've also seen the results of ignoring this kind of thing including a time when a good friend of mine decided to ignore severe swelling in his foot/ankle after injecting in his foot. What ended up happening was the infection spread throughout his body, he had to be admitted for a lengthy period of time and pumped full of antibiotics and at one point the doctors weren't sure whether or not he would survive. This kind of thing is nothing to fuck with. If you don't go I wish you the best of luck but IMO that would be a very risky/stupid risk to take. Go.

Reading shit like this makes me never want to put another needle into my arm.

I've shot quality shards before and missed and while it was in no way pleasant(it burns like a mutherfucker,) I never had anything like this happen. Who knows how/why something like this would happen, the important thing is getting rid of it. I would agree that if you haven't touched needles before it's a good idea to keep it that way, for a million different reasons, not just this one.

glad to hear everythings ok snowblowjoe! really glad!

but yea, i ordered 25 needles a day or two ago and yesterday cancelled the order because i didn't want to risk hurting my body by shootin up anymore... and this thread in general is keeping it that way (no more IV use for me)

so if you don't mind SBJ could we keep it open?

Wow.

That hand is nasty...

Seek medical attention immediately.

Clean your fingernails, too.

i did go to the hospital u dim witted fools who say im dumb for not going.
the dr said its just swelled with liquid, no pus. doesnt look infected, i dont see how it could be infecgted anyway. he couldnt see any major openings in the skin. and since it happened ive been keeping it clean and washing it with hydrogen peroxide.

NOW WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID
i never really had too much pain in the hand it was more like numb, now im starting to feel more pain tho.and discoloration with heat is spreading more into my wrist now. im starting to get scared again

if it's warming up, odds are you've got an infection.

You don't see how you would have gotten an infection? Wow... If you can't figure out how shooting something as dirty as meth could get get you an infection, I don't see any point in helping ya.

hamlton, i had been mainlining the stuff before and i didnt get an infection. it was only when i missed. it didnt burn at first either and it usually does if i miss a little

and about the warming up the dr felt it and didnt say anything. all he wanted to do was take an x ray so he knew it wasnt broken and i know my hand wasnt broken.

It shows how impossible it is to help you.

You refused a doctor's order. So what if you knew it wasn't broken. You do as the doctor says.

How's your hand now? Is it numbing and tingling?

You know, you're in some trouble dude.

Don't argue over this.

You needed to be straight with your doc and you didn't. Wonder why he didn't say anything about the heat? You didn't tell him you'd been injecting.

what did you expect?

im done exlpaining myself, there is no point. i know what i did and didnt say. i dont have anything further to add. i will keep u guys that care posted if it gets worse or better

I care, snowblowjoe.

Can you post a picture of your hand now, so we can see how worse/better it's got?

Reguardless of what I have said, I still do care for you, man...I wouldn't want you to be harmed in anyway- noone deserves that.

Keep us posted now man, show us a picture.

Peace.

You stall on going to the doctor about a serious issue. Then when you go to the doctor, you lie.

He wanted to take an x-ray because he didn't know what happened. If you told him, he wouldn't have needed to x-ray you.

You're the ignorant one. Stalling on a doctor, then when you go you lie. No point in going if you're just gonna lie to him...

Last edited by a moderator: