PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
there it is:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/z3lirj

1. black & white - froid
2. solar quest - harmonation (energetic trance)
3. 1200 mics - mescaline (live on mount fuji)
4. younger brother - even dwarves start small (alternative mix)
5. star sounds orchestra - western moon
6. space tribe vs. electric universe - the alkaloid experiment
7. der dritte raum - hale bopp (raumgleiter mix)
8. lani - the reincarnation
9. hujaboy - psychedelic baby
10. oforia - arcadia
11. juno reactor - pistolero
12. adula & mitzimotu - what?
13. lani - summer of love
14. hallucinogen - soothsayer
15. gms - the growly family
16. gms - black hole
17. sun project - 380 volt
18. total eclipse - waiting for a new life
19. quirk - dance with the devil (intact instinct remix)
20. infected mushroom - sailing in the sea of mushroom
21. xerox & illumination - battleship
22. astral projection - heavens gate
23. planet b.e.n. - september love (eat static remix)
24. infected mushroom - i wish (skazi remix)
25. guitars on @cid - mission impossible
26. infected mushroom - scorpion frog
27. quirk - mystic linguistic
28. juno reactor - razorback

Hm.... currently trying to wrap my head around the recent Slackbaba "Perverting Mankind". I was fanatical about "And the Beat Goes Om..." but this new one is going to take a few listens. It seems like there's some conflicting directions within. Seems he's stepping away from the dub beats and trying out this Bronx boombap flavor, like it's psy for skateparks or something. So it comes off a little too "grounding" for psy, as if the beats and bass sort of belittle the ethereal element in it. There's a few great tracks, but its not that way from beginning to end. I would probably never take this new one into a trip, unlike "Beat Goes Om..." which remains a perfect tripping album.

NOW, do gotta give a shout out to Globular - Colours of the Brainbow EP. That is some impressive psydub. Everyone ought to keep their eyes on Globular.

http://soundcloud.com/brainbug/brainbug-goa-favs-18-6-2010

1. blue planet corporation - overbloody flood
2. the muses rapt - spiritual healing
3. juno reactor - razorback
4. solar quest - acid air raid (silent breed remix)
5. lani - skycontact (full moon mix)
6. hallucinogen - angelic particals
7. sub6 - program flies
8. hallucinogen - solstice
9. zorba - darkbase

:)

trackslist looks amazing. downloading right now...
but it belongs in the goa trance thread ;)

NOW, do gotta give a shout out to Globular - Colours of the Brainbow EP. That is some impressive psydub. Everyone ought to keep their eyes on Globular.

Just had a listen now. I'm equally impressed. It's very much Shpongle-esque in quality & caliber. Thanks for the spreading the Globular awareness, dude.

Slackbaba has talent, but his productions have a certain level of cheese (or something) that turns me off.

Anyone have a chance to check out Kindzadza's new album Insoluble? I can't wait to hear it. Everything he makes is quality.

^ I decided to take a sneak peak and play "Cocteau Paradox" on YouTube just moments ago, and was acutely WOWed. Despite the strong dark-psy sound, Kindzadza's got some really interesting and dissonant melodic stuff going on through parts of the track, and it ends up almost defining a subgenre of dark-jazz-psy or something. I'll be purchasing a copy of this album for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.